Community > Posts By > TundaLik

TundaLik's photo
Wed 12/12/12 09:02 PM
I found a quote that I feel embodies the nature Supercede and what he stands for:

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”
Ghenis Khan

TundaLik's photo
Fri 12/07/12 08:51 PM
I AM SUPERCEDE
FORGE OF THE IRON GOD

(Translated from Taino Dialect)
"Yaya, you know there is nothing we wouldn't do for you. We respect and value your wisdom far more than anyone we know. But this is Madness!", said Renan. "You went blind 3 days ago and refused medical attention." "Then you start raving about these visions you've been having". "Now you have us sitting here on this beach waiting for I DON'T KNOW while everyone at home prepares a feast to feed an army". Renan realizing his tone was bordering disrespect, cut his rant short. His younger brother Joao knealt by Yaya with his head on his knees also waiting patiently. He raised his head slightly as Yaya, the feeble bodied, but not feeble minded Priest of Yemaya caught his breath to speak.
"I am not blind, for I see through his eyes. He began his campaign 3 days ago freeing the oppressed from the savagery of soldiers in various villages all over Africa. Each day listening for his summoning cry from one of his beacons. He made certain the honorable soldiers died with honor. They were the lucky ones.
A village on the southeastern coast of Africa was under siege. Innocents were slaughtered while others were tortured. A 13 yr old girl after being raped by her assailants was now being sodomized by them out of boredom with a broomstick. "Please I beg you, Just KILL ME! Oww, IT WON'T GO IN ANY FURTHER". The seven soldiers surrounding her looked and laughed "SHUT UP and don't worry, when we're done WE WILL Kill You". Suddenly the girl let out a scream that even startled the soldiers. Then, it was as if time itself stopped for the little girl. She now looked back over her shoulder with a peculiar smile. For the first time in hours, she felt no pain. The soldiers looked at her "Is this ***** Crazy?". "No, I think she's starting to like it" one said jokingly. Not even she fully understood what was going on. What she felt was the loving embrace of the mighty one she unknowingly summoned.
His powers wained as he stood cliffside just north of the Sahara. The once impervious warrior now bore the battle scars of his skirmishes. His rest was drawing near. In an effort to conserve his power of flight...........he decided to stretch his legs. In one giant leap, Supercede came down and at incredible speed cut through the desert like the Blade of his namesake, straight to the little girl's village. He was white hot when he struck the soldiers base camp setting all ablaze. The sodomite soldiers only felt the ground shake and the screams of their comrades as the grinning little girl now began to giggle. "This ***** has lost it, you two go out and see what's going on". Two soldiers walked out and never made it past the front steps. They didnt even have time to scream. The ring leader dispatched the other four with the same result. No response, no return. Now out of frustration, the leader cautiously crept over to the lower corner of the front entrance. The horror he witnessed would be taken to his grave. The camp and many of the more fortunate soldiers were left as smoldering piles of ash. The ones allowed to live were left writhing in pain with their weapons entwined around their broken limbs like the great liana vines of the rainforest. But all this was yet a far cry from the brutality that befell the sodomite soldiers. As the last man standing slowly walked out the door, he noticed an odd shadow cast over his own as the sun set behind him. He spun around to see little girl standing in the doorway perfectly healed and vibrant. Still giggling she pointed upward. On the roof directly above her head, sat his comrades side by side. It was an image to rival the acts of the legendary Vlad the Impaler. Their heads were cocked back with their mouths agape, barely moaning. Its quite difficult to utter a sound with your rifle jammed in your throat..............from your anus. Supercede let him glare in horror at the site just long enough before he met with the same fate."
Yaya's eyes closed for a minute as the two boys sat in shock at what they just heard. Then looking around just as the last rays of sunset began to dwindle the boys realized the beach was deserted. "Look at those black clouds, looks like a storm is coming", said Joao. "Where did everybody go?", said Renan. Then as if jolted with an electric charge, the old man sprang to his feet and yelled in a voice the brothers hadnt heard from him since they were children........"HE'S HERE!" The gasps of the boys drowned out by the boom of his arrival as he landed off the coast square in the final rays of the sun. The boys could not believe what they were seeing. They could barely keep up with YaYa as he sprinted down the beach. He came to a dead stop several yards away from the the wet stand with the boys on each side of him barely catching their breath. "Stand fast, stay right here and dont take another step". The warrior's impact on the water sent a tsunami wave towards them. The boys stood shaking in fear as the old man smiled. The great wave came with such force yet dwindled to an ebb just feet away from where they stood. Leaving a helpless little boy in its wake, YaYa looked at the boys, "Quickly! Go and Get Him!" They ran as fast as they could. They flanked the boy. Each took an arm and carried it over their shoulders as they brought young Leonard out of the surf. The three dropped to their knees before YaYa. The blind old man could see enough to kneel down and cradle the boy who's eyes glowed the same colors as his own. "You're safe now, we're here to help you" said YaYa. As he stroked the boys face, the glow of the old man's eyes faded. "Thankyou, I see you now". "Don't worry, your sight will soon return when you've rested and healed", said YaYa.

.....to be continued

TundaLik's photo
Mon 11/12/12 10:38 PM
As the sun rose in the east bringing forth a new day, a spry old man and a young boy are knelt side by side on the white sands with heads bowed in prayer. Serenaded by the crash of the surf and gulls in flight, the two pay homage to Olodumare (God) as they have done for the last 5 months. Months spent healing, strengthening, learning in preparation for the days to come. It was 6 months ago when the entity manifested through the innocence of a child becoming the living, breathing force of nature.

Oloye Oseyin the elder Just, looked at his newly healed pupil with concern. "You're far to silent for a child who's just found his voice". The watery eyed Leonard Vast looked up and said in a most nervous voice, "I don't want to go, I don’t want to do this..........I'm scared". The normally brash old man embraced the boy. Then with his hands on the boy's shoulders, he spoke "I know little one, I know. It's a lot to place on a child. But as I told you, You are Special. Olodumare and the Orisas have chosen and guided your life thus far to put you here in front of me at this very moment. You hold within you a force that will change and possibly save humanity from themselves. You have the power to restore balance to this corrupt world. You are now bound the warrior resting inside you. You can't live without him and he cannot exist without you. Your Ase', your purity, your innocence is the source of his strength and he knows that he must do all in his power to keep you safe". Looking down, Leonard responds, "Why did it hurt so much? Why did I feel so sick?" "It was your first time" said Ase. "And you were already so weak from your extra long sleep. I promise you, each time you offer yourself, it will not be as difficult. As long as you remember everything I've explained you will be safe. You will always have good and trusted people around you to help you and heal you." Now sobbing, Leonard asks, "so it won't be you? I'll never see you again?" Reassuringly, the old man looked directly into the tear filled eyes of the frightened little boy and said, "I'll always be here and I'll always be watching over both of you. When the time is right, we will meet again and again. You must be strong and focused little one. There are things you and he are about to do that will change many lives and destroy many more. But it must be done. You'll learn one day that every life you take will spare the lives of many." "Come now, you must eat and rest. Tonight the moon will be your friend as you bring forth the Mighty One."

As the boy rested, Oloye Oseyin ran through a final series of offerings and prayers made to the Orisas to assure Leo's safety during his transformation. Special preparations were also made to maximize the strength of the warrior.
Running the gamut of emotions made for a long restless sleep for young Leo. But as the sun settled into darkness, the time had come for all tears to be dried, all feelings to be set aside and focus to be set on the task at hand. With a hug and a kiss on the forehead, Oloye Oseyin sent a now stone faced child off into the woods to connect once again a great power. The words of his mentor echoing in his head, "it will be different this time, you've learned so much and you're much stronger. Don't be afraid my child, there are people waiting for your help as well as people waiting to help you. I'll always be with you."

The star filled sky allowed the moon to light a path through the woods towards a clearing just over a mile from the place Leo called home. The boy was terrified, but not from the darkness of the woods. He was always at peace in the woods. But what made this little boy's heartbeat so deafening, was the task he had set out to perform. The weight of the world rested on his tiny shoulders. So Leonard Sherwynd Vast Jr., son of 1st Lt. Leonard Vast Sr. and Belinda Vast makes his way to the very clearing made by his alter ego when he first arrived. Tears streamed down his face as he looked up in the sky. Bracing himself, he tightly closed his eyes and uttered the phrase that would set him on his quest to save the world........
.......MAFEREFUN OGUN!
The boy's last breath was drawn from his lungs leaving him limp as he rose above the ground. His eyes rolled as his Ase' was released engulfing him in a green and black vapor. As the vapor took shape, a huge fist smashed against the ground sending a shockwave felt by every Just and Beacon on the planet.
The smoothly metallic and weakened warrior was no more. Now stood a giant over 8ft tall, skin black and armored like that of cast iron. His emerald green blades extending the full length of his gargantuan arms and legs. His face as dark and as cold as the metal he governs. The mighty one returns. SUPERCEDE!

TundaLik's photo
Sat 11/03/12 05:42 PM
First, I just want to thank God for keeping me and all my people safe Post Sandy. To anyone reading this from my area who've lost loved ones, I'm very sorry. Staten Island where I was raised and just recently returned to reside was hit in a way I've never seen. Loss of life, loss of property unreal. It sends chills up my spine to here NYC declared a Disaster Area. But that's why as people we have faith and therein lies resilience.
Cell and Wifi have been hit and miss so I found myself writing and charging in my car to take my mind off of things. At least until we get power back.
I'd like to thank everyone who'd taken the time to read my lighthearted little story. I really appreciate the comments. At the risk of sounding "Afrocentric", I want to explain the purpose of this story.
If you ask the average fiction reader, fantasy reader or even comic book reader to name a Greek god, he/she would give you Zeus, Apollo etc. Name a Roman god, Jupiter, Neptune. I don't know anyone that actually speaks NORSE(lol that was a joke), but anyone can give you Thor, Loki etc. Some will even go further to describe their powers and nature of origins. Ask these same people to name one single African deity, you may get one of two responses. Either a blank look of bewilderment (ie. twilight zone) followed by a moment of awkward silence or "DATS DAT VOODOO, I don't mess with that".
Why are the deities I mentioned, so glorified with amazement and fascination while the African deities are somewhat scorned and veiled in taboo?
Now I don't want to show any disrespect or take away from the more popular immortals. I just want to see ours get equal billing. I think my story has the potential to do just that. If you care to check, I AM SUPERCEDE is not the first story line to make this attempt. DC comics made some valiant attempts aside from the the Milestone series that showcased all Black Superheroes some years ago. They have a long running character called The Panther that seems to get a little closer to the "mysteries", but they seem afraid to cross the threshold. DC did go all in with a group called the Santerians which were introduced in the Daredevil series, but didn't seem to catch on.
I'd like to see my story line take The Dark Knight approach and bring the Orishas to the same level as all the other mystical deities.

TundaLik's photo
Mon 10/29/12 12:08 PM
It was nearly an hour before he regained consciousness on the floor of his Ocha room. The night's activities really took its toll on Ase'. Yet as he looked around the room, he felt his strength returning like never before. Aches and pains gone, cuts and bruises vanished as he sat up. This was courtesy of his new and now tranquil guest. Looking around the room, his eyes caught sight of the fruits of his labor. "Not so mighty now", he said with a grin. There he sat, belly full of fish and Palm Wine, breathing calm and steady. Oya, goddess of the winds, who initiates the metamorphosis, sees that at his full strength the warrior needs but one breath of air in his lungs to fight. He can fight for days from that one breath if used wisely. His breathing although calm, lets Ase' know he must change places back with the boy in order to rest and heal himself. But for a moment, Ase' sat in awe of this being. He was lean, but far from thin. He was muscular, but not Hulkish. His skin was a shimmery, black, metallic armor with a very deep, green palm frond skirt. His skin had green etchings and very fine vertical lines matching the color of his skirt giving him a greenish tint Around his neck he wore an Ashaba bearing the 21 tools of Ogun. His face had no emotion, like that of a mask and black as night with no emotion. Another Ashaba encircled his head and disappeared under his shoulder length locs of hair. Ase' rose to his feet. Cautiously, he stood a few feet away marveling at the warrior. His power was so incredible even in his weakened state. Ase’ already felt blessings bestowed upon him. He felt anew, replenished and almost youthful. “Ase', Ase', Ase'O and thank you for accepting my offerings”. “My apology for weakening you, but it was the only way I could deal you”.
"I'll get right to it my friend. You are an Orisa Elemental. You are the very essence of the Warrior Ogun and in so doing you will fight for all that are right in the eyes of Olodumare (God). You will have the powers of the Orisas at your beckon call. Now, provided I do my job and the proper ebbos (offerings) are done on your behalf, you will have no problems. Your Beacons in the field will draw you to the fight. They will not understand what they are feeling, but they will feel you. They will not understand you, but they will learn. It is imperative that you keep them safe from harm. Their fight will be your fight and I can see it in your eyes, there you will taste blood. At full strength you will be unstoppable. All metal will bend to you. Weapons will have no power over you. You will wield the power of Ogun in the names of the Orisas. You will not yield to the corrupted laws of man, for Orisa will be the only law you know. In so doing YOU will supercede ALL. YOU WILL BE KNOWN AS SUPERCEDE!"
With that said, the Mighty Supercede rose to his feet and slowly clenched his fists. At least as best he could, Palm Wine has a very intoxicating effect. "Easy now" said Ase'. "Your powers though great, are not without limits. Every 4th day of your presence you must replenish for 3. This is for your own survival as well as your host. Your strength will weaken, your might will weaken, your Ase' will weaken. You will lose mass and strength as you lose your influence over metal. Thus you will be susceptible to injuries you were once impervious. Use your powers wisely. Your deadliest weapon must be used as a last resort." Supercede's eyes pierced the very heart of the old man as he hung on every word. Ase' continued "personally, I can’t wait to see it myself. They tell me no one F**ks with the BLADE OF OGUN" Ase' laughed aloud. "Come with me". The two walked down the hill and out onto the beach toward the surf. "Be it the healing sea waters of Yemoja to cauterize your wounds or the rushing river currents of Oshun to wash away your wounds, that is how you will heal and that is how you will rest". As they walked into the surf Ase' continued, "On your fourth day, you will welcome these waters. Let them embrace you". The waves began to rise past the waist of the warrior as Ase' began treading water. He could see an easiness come over Supercede as the warriors eyes began to roll. "Relax, you must rest now and I must tend to the boy" said Ase'. And with the final wash of one great wave the Mighty Supercede melted into the surf, leaving in his wake a near dying boy, Leonard Vast Jr.........to be continued

TundaLik's photo
Mon 10/22/12 08:33 PM
Channel the Storm

He sits in his Ocha Room surrounded by his Orisa Shrines. Frankincense and Myrrh fill the air embracing the Orisas adorned in their respective colors. In a deep meditative state, Oloye Oseyin braces himself for the monumental task at hand. To guide and bring before him the Orisa Elemental that has materialized thousands of miles away.
Its been at least 30 years since he last saw Americana. Thirty years since walking the streets of the asphalt jungle he knew as Prospect Park Brooklyn. 40 years since his first encounter with the Babalowo that set him on the path of Ifa (the way). A then naive Luis Tomas, learned the ways of the Orisas through the Botanicas of Santeria. A spiritual Ifa reading revealed him to be a child of Obatala (King of the White Cloth and creator of mankind and the Orisas) and his mother Yemoja (Mother of all creation, governs the oceans and seas). The more he learned, the greater his gifts became. Each gift strengthening his ase' (universal life force pronounced achay). The strength of his ase' thus brought him closer to the Orisas. The Great Elegua who governs the roads, pathways and doorways, opened the path and allowed Luis to become the conduit of the Orisas. His dreams and visions foretold a prophecy. His very name Oloye Oseyin came to him in a dream. It was difficult for him to understand his dreams in the beginning. But his meditation allowed him to open his mind and see with clarity. He would be faced with a Warrior of great power. His actions will be inherent to the warrior's survival and in so doing, his power will turn the tables from wrong to right. As word spread amongst his peers of these visions, he would fall victim to the lies and deceit of his own people of faith. Jealousy can be the most irrational of emotions. Oloye Oseyin's power would subsequently alienate him and drive him to seclusion. Thus with every obstacle pushed aside by the Orisas, the path he traveled, brought him to this very moment.

Through the pitch blackness, amidst the thunder and lightning, stands the most awesome force of destruction the world will come to know. Allowing all of his senses to take in his new found surroundings, the voice of Oloye Oseyin pierces the chaos. "HO-LY $h-T". The warrior looks around wildly with his blades always at the ready. "Damn you're big". "Oh and please, enough with all that huffin' and puffin', you know you don't really need to breathe". "We haven't much time. The host whose life force you share is dying and needs my help. If he dies, you die. So if its answers you seek, I have them but you must follow my instructions if you wish to live". "I'm gonna need a drink after this $h-T". Oloye Oseyin knew the boy's life-force was very weak, for at his full strength, the warrior's unbridled power would have turned the park grounds to rubble. But Ase' still had to weaken him further. Without a single word, the Warrior took one, DEEP breath and quickly rose into the night sky. A clap of thunder masked his sonic boom. Ase' set him on a course around the earth. "Now, I do believe proper introductions are in order. Every Beacon and Just on the planet felt the warrior's presence from the moment he touched earth. Every priest and priestess of Ifa felt the cold chill of his ase' (power) as he passed over their regions. The righteous ones felt an overwhelming sense of comfort and security, while the tricksters suffered great pains in their skulls. To be considered a warning to change their ways or suffer.

The Just are the honorable priests and priestesses of Ifa untainted by the vices of humanity. They are predetermined through Ifa and are strategically scattered throughout the world to lend aid at a moment's notice to the Warrior. They are the only ones he can trust when he is at his most vulnerable. Oloye Oseyin is the eldest of the Just. The Beacons have also been strategically placed to bring the mighty one to their aid as well as turn the tide of battle towards what is right. The only unknowing participants, they are commonly found on the battle fronts around the world. They have within them the Ase' which draws the warrior to them when in danger. They don't understand what they feel when he approaches. But they will.

Guiding him at this incredible speed, Oloye Oseyin had him circle the globe three times. Every Just felt his presence as he passed. They knew it would be only a matter of time before one of them would heed the call to help the warrior. The Beacons were simply overcome with an unusual euphoric state when he was near. This "feeling" will be used to their advantage when the time comes.
Then with a final burst of speed, Ase' guided the now pliable warrior to him. He crashed him on the beach creating a fairly large crater about a mile from his house. All 600lbs, 7.5ft tall, reduced to half and just over 6ft. A gentle breeze roused the mighty one to his feet. Still under Ase's influence, he walked toward an old house high on the hill. In the solitude of this haven, lit with candles and the Orisa shrines in their respective places, sat the man himself, Oloye Oseyin also known as Ase' in his meditative state. Vapor still rose from the warrior's head, shoulders and body as he cooled. Telepathically, Ase' spoke, "You must be hungry. Please accept my humble offerings". In front of him was large plate stacked high with smoke jutia (fish) slathered in corojo butter and a big jug of palm wine (favorites of Ogun). "Please, replenish yourself, for the boy’s sake, he cannot survive without you, nor you without him........I'm glad you're here". As he scarfed down the food, Ase' came out of his transient state, smiled in satisfaction.......and passed out right where he sat.
(To be continued)

TundaLik's photo
Tue 10/16/12 06:42 PM
As the old man said, Leo awoke in pain from the stiffness of his joints and was so weak and dehydrated. He began to cry, but he had no tears. His throat felt like sand paper. His mouth felt as if filled with gravel. He managed to roll on his back as Chango lit the skies with his lightning and shook the ground with thunder. As the rain came down, it was all the boy could do to open his mouth and drink as much rainwater as he could. Oya's winds began to bend the trees and whip the rain across his face. It was hard to focus, he felt so lightheaded. He was scared and cold. Then Ase's voice echoed in his head like a cannon, "COME TO ME CHILD, I CANT HELP YOU WHERE YOU ARE. REMEMBER WHAT I TOLD YOU, REMEMBER WHAT YOU MUST DO". Leo rolled to his side then struggled to his hands and knees. As in his dream, once again he found his voice. Rainwater streamed down his pain stricken face as he looked up to the stormy sky and uttered his first and the most dire words that would change his life forever....."Maferefun Ogun" (I offer myself to Ogun). With that utterance the Orisa Oya, governess of all wind and air, pulled the last breath from the lungs of the frail boy with a loud burst of air invoking the change. With a gasp, time stopped for just that moment as a pearly green and black vapor rose from the boy's eyes, mouth, ears and nostrils. Leo's near lifeless body levitated and shook violently as the vapor rose high above engulfing him and taking form. The boy's body vanished as a huge fist smashed against the ground sending a shock-wave throughout the forest and city. Where once knelt a frail and frightened Leonard Vast Jr., now stood a force of awesome Power.

........enter SUPERCEDE

........To Be Continued

TundaLik's photo
Wed 10/10/12 08:57 PM

bigsmile

lol......I think I have a FANshades

TundaLik's photo
Tue 10/09/12 03:12 PM
Ooops............TO BE CONTINUED...

TundaLik's photo
Tue 10/09/12 03:10 PM
Sorry,
I posted it in the Poems and Creative Writing Community

TundaLik's photo
Tue 10/09/12 05:28 AM

Do you know if the possession thing is part of Santeria as well?

I believe their called Misas in Santeria. Same scenario.

TundaLik's photo
Mon 10/08/12 07:18 PM
I've been working on this sort of epic fantasy about a Superhero based in Orisha.

I had to work up the nerve to post it. I want to erase all the crap that Hollywood's done to our traditions and beliefs. If you wouldn't mind a read.

Check it Out........title: I AM SUPERCEDE!

TundaLik's photo
Mon 10/08/12 07:04 PM
Part 2:

Though thousands of miles away, a man watched and guided young Leo to this very location. He'd reach out to the boy and induce dreams as he slept. Leo's dreams were so very visual. He'd dream of swimming with great whales fathoms below the ocean depths. Some dreams set him adrift on river currents gently caressing him. Then there were the dreams of his father in the throes of battle. Those dreams were frequent and quickly turned to nightmares as explosions tore through towns. Bodies blown to pieces as shrapnel ripped flesh from bone. These dreams were a necessary pain to prepare this 9 year old boy for the weight of the very world he chose to abandon. It was during his slumber in the woods that this man revealed himself to Leo. He was an older man, slightly taller than Leo, short, curly black hair, olive complexion. He spoke with a very deep and raspy voice. He introduced himself as Oloye Oseyin (Intelligent one who worships Obatala), a priest of Obatala. "If that's too much for you, you may call me Ase’ “ (achay). Protected by the shelter of the woods and now fully under the influence of Ase', Leo would remain asleep for the next 3 days thus starting his vital learning period. Ase' began conversing with the child. He explained to him why he'd gone through all the trials he had been through to bring him to this very moment. He stressed to him the importance of justice and the role he would come to play in its enforcement. "Do you understand what I'm saying?" "Speak child, its rude to stare." said Ase'. "I don't know how", said Leo with a gasp. Ase' laughed. "Your voice will resonate through the spines of the impious" said Ase' with a scowl. Slowly raising his bushy eyebrow and with a devilish grin "OOooo and I can't wait to hear your battle cry". Leo just looked puzzled and amazed.

Ase' taught him the ways of Ifa (The Way ) and all of the stories of the powerful Orisas. Olodumare (God, the Creator. Governs over all the Orisas), Yemoja (the great mother of all and governs the oceans and seas) Obatala (King of the White Cloth, creator of humanity and the Orisas), Chango (Warrior, god of Thunder), Oshun (goddess of love and governs the rivers), Oya (Warrior and governs all winds, thunderbolts, cemeteries and the marketplace), Elegua (Warrior governs the roads and pathways) and of course Ogun (Warrior god of iron, all metal and technology). Ase' explained to young Leo their significance to the world we live. He went on to explain in great detail the special bond between Leo and the Orisa Warrior Ogun. How with his mighty cutlasses, Ogun carved the path to the earth from the heavens for the Orisas and in return was granted power over all blades and metal. With that said, Ase' further explained Leo's purpose and the role he would play in saving this world. Leo was speechless.

Ase' was pressed for time. He knew the time would come to revive Leo and bring back to consciousness. He cautioned the boy to the coming events. His body would be in very grave condition. As the host of such a great power, Oloye Oseyin knew that it was imperative to the survival of both that they be by his side. There would be only one way to bring him clear across the planet. The amount of energy it would take to achieve this task would be extremely draining on everyone involved, but the fate of the world depended on this act. He gave Leo very specific instructions. Then with a nod and a stroke through the boy's scruffy hair, Leo's eyes opened where he first laid at the foot of an Old Oak tree deep in the woods of Van Cortlandt Park.

TundaLik's photo
Sat 10/06/12 09:07 PM
My friend just told me about a dream she had after watching an episode of BONES.

In her dream she was having an argument with a man who was trying to put a "Red Headed Tick" on her head. He kept saying "calm down, just let me do this and everything will be alright". When he got so close, she jumped out of her sleep and realized she was gonna be late for work.

TundaLik's photo
Sat 10/06/12 08:55 PM
I sometimes sleep with my eyes wide shutnoway

TundaLik's photo
Sat 10/06/12 08:53 PM
Sorry, I was thinking to myself out loud.huh

TundaLik's photo
Sat 10/06/12 08:51 PM
I'M MOVING FORWARD..........IN RETROSPECT.

TundaLik's photo
Sat 10/06/12 08:50 PM
"Come On! Open your eyes and Listen!"drinker

TundaLik's photo
Sat 10/06/12 08:35 PM
S E X of courseexplode !!!!!!!!

Aint easy being a slave to Testosterone.

TundaLik's photo
Sat 10/06/12 08:30 PM
The Orisa (orisha) Warrior Ogun (god of Iron), disgusted with the atrocities and injustices of humanity, sought out and found a host to embody his essence. Under the watchful eye of Obatala (King of the white cloth, creator of all Orisas) and the blessings of all the Orisas, a force of immeasurable power will be bound to one to create a ferocious spirit of righteousness. All that is wrong will be made right. He will not be bound by the laws of this planet nor its corrupt inhabitants. He will supercede all. He will become SUPERCEDE.

His name is Leonard Vast
On March 4 2001 a baby was born 3 months premature in St Vincent's Hospital on Staten Island to First Lt. Leo Vast and his wife Belinda. It was a traumatic birth, but proud father that he was, Leo saw the fight in his child to live and proudly gave him his name. Leonard Sherwynd Vast. Over the next six months he watched his baby fight from ventilator, to incubator, then finally to a crib of his own. After countless examinations and observations it was determined that young Leo was a "special needs" baby and would be "delayed" in his development. By all accounts, Leo was a perfectly normal child, less his lack of speech and four small, almost fashionably placed bladelike birthmarks, one on each thigh and each wrist. Despite all the poking and prodding by the doctors, Leo never made a sound. They diagnosed him autistic. But nevertheless, 2 years, 6 pediatricians and 4 hospitals later Baby Leonard was finally able come home.
When Leo was three years old his father was called to Iraq. It was two years post 9-11. Five months later, 1st Lt. Leornard Vast Sr. was killed in active duty. He was a victim of questionable circumstances in Fallujah. Although far too young to understand what happened to his father, he saw the pain through his mother's tears. Momma Belinda was an orphaned child brought up in foster care. She had no immediate family. Leo Jr. watched his mother struggle to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table with little compensation from the government for their loss. He watched his mother who never drank, go from alcohol, to prescription drugs to a full blown street drug addiction as she continued to cope with the loss of her husband. His mother's moods would swing from ecstatic glee to the darkest depression. Then the physical and verbal abuse began. It seemed as if the only time Leo wasn't beaten, was when momma was asleep.
By the time Leo started school at nearby Edwin Markam School I.S.51, Momma Vast was working to support a crippling drug habit. The verbal and physical abuse worsened and was more than any child should bear. Leo was physically abused in a seemingly endless cycle. But despite all, Leo was a good boy. You can’t measure a boy's love for his mother. He knew enough to keep the house clean, do his own homework and stay away from momma as much as possible when she was mad. Misdiagnosed, Leo was a very bright boy, but his little vocal impairment kept him in his own little world. Considered an oddball, he had no friends. Unbeknown to him, his Ase' (*Achay means power) was strong and that protected him through his darkest days.
Leo was 9 when he came home from school dreading what mood he might get from his mother. He was greeted by a stench at the front door. Growing up in the hood, his street sense prepared him for the worst. Slowly, he walked past the kitchenette and through the small living room. As he walked past the bathroom and down the hallway to his mother's room, the stench grew stronger. The bedroom door was half open. He opened the door to find his mother sprawled across the bed, half naked, eyes wide open, a washed in her own excrement. Leo stood in the doorway motionless and expressionless for more than an hour. Paralyzed, he wanted to cry but no tears came. Then quietly he turned around, walked down the hallway, back through the living room, past the kitchenette and through the front door without looking back. Leo started walking and kept walking.
Growing up in the projects of Stapleton Housing on Staten Island, it was so easy for Leo to just vanish. He knew he didn't want to be there or anywhere for that matter. So he roamed for the next few days. He made most of his moves at night as he slept during the day usually in any woods he could find. He somehow felt safe there. Scrounging for food in dumpsters, he stayed as invisible as he possibly could. Slipping onto the lower level of the Staten Island Ferry one evening, then onto the subway in Manhattan where he disappeared into the tunnels. Leo wandered through the labyrinth of tunnels, instinctively staying clear of the deadly third rail and the population of rodents. Napping here and there, he never stayed long enough in one spot to be noticed. Those rare moments when Leo did sleep, he did so lightly being mindful of the dangers of the dark city. When he finally rose from out of the tunnels of the New York City Subway system, he found himself on the streets of the Bronx. When he saw the gates of Van Cortlandt Park he ran as fast as he could into the woods warming embrace. The woods gave him shelter, peace and security. It gave him everything he needed to cut himself off from everyone and everything. Unknowingly, it also brought him closer to the man that would change his life forever.......
(to be continued)

Previous 1