germanchoclate1981's photo
Tue 11/10/15 01:48 AM
A few questions...
What does FEMA have to do with ecigs? 0
What type of battery was he using? Was the battery in good condition or was the wrap scratched gouged etc.
What mod?
Did he modify the mod himself or was it in normal unmodified condition?
What RDA, RTA, RDTA tank or subtank was he using? Was that modified or worn out (metal fatigue)?
What resistance build, was he using the right kind of wire?
Was the resistance of the build below the recommendations for vaping safely?

A short circuit on an Li-Mn battery (if he was using the correct type of battery) causes immense heat vaporizing any liquid extremely fast giving off a very bad taste and smell. Like I said before most builds will just melt the wire stopping the short. I've done this by accident and the taste/smell is unmistakable. If it doesn't burn through the wire the taste/smell is still there. Nearly all tube type metal mods have vent holes. If the battery hard shorts inside that tube it's still going to get VERY hot, and emit a smell that's also unmistakable. They don't just explode. It's not like dropping a wrench across the poles on a car battery. The wires at their largest COULD only be 3mm in diameter. A wrench big enough to reach both poles on a car battery is about 10mm and about 9-14" long.
For a better comparison, many laptop battery packs have thesekkinds of batteries in series or parallel. Laptops get HOT, especially HOT if you block the inlet or outlets for the cooling fan. Get close and you can smell the batteries cooking, then they don't hold their charge as long. A few gateway laptops have exploded and the users knew they were HOT first.
If he had a box type mod and was stacking batteries or running series parallel (NOT RECOMMENDED) it would have gotten hot enough to melt the wires inside the box. The point is there is extreme discomfort leading up to a catastrophic failure of a battery(ies). Otherwise cellphones tablets portable gaming (PSP's) and laptops would be blowing up all over the place. They all use Li-Mn LiPo batteries.
The reason they call it a "hard short(circuit)" is because it's hard to do so without getting zapped or a filament fuse or wire burns through stopping the short. Unless of course you live in Hegalia.

Mon 11/09/15 11:12 PM
Protect the glass yes. You can also get a silicone skin for the iStick but I'm telling you now if that thing takes a hard fall its done for. For now at the resistance and wattage you're using it at it'll do just fine.
Coils..., I wouldn't push the nautilus beyond 4 watts. It's possible to go higher but honestly it wears the coils out too fast. Darker liquids clog up coils faster than lighter colored ones. You'll see and taste this for yourself I'm sure.

Sun 11/08/15 11:12 PM
Also, be sure to clean your tank at least every 2 days and the driptip at least twice a day. Use dish detergent make sure it's thoroughly rinsed with hot water and bone dry before you fill it up again. Don't touch the inside of the tank or coil with dirty gas oil etc because if it's in there you're vaping it. For mixing liquids, try mixing a little in the tank before mixing full bottles so you don't end up with a nasty flavor. Flavor rotations are good too, if one flavor isn't killing the craving changing flavors then not only keeps your tastebuds from getting desensitized to that flavor (it happens) but the flavor you change to can make you forget all about smoking. If you smoked a pack a day, you have already cut 16 cigs a day. The last few can be hard and figuring out the quirks of the hardware can be frustrating. My best advice for that is to get a second tank and keep your favorite flavor in that one so you can vape while you're cleaning the other one. Always have a backup.

Sun 11/08/15 10:50 PM

I will agree any nicotine is bad for you but the amount in the juices is less than whats in cigarettes.. I believe it starts at 22 milligrams and goes down from there... once you have weaned yourself off a cigarette.. you can continue to vape with non nicotine juices... the flavor and aroma is quite pleasant... it leaves no real noticeable order in your house.... are on your persons... but you can taste the flavor of the juice for some time.. on your tongue...yum.... I have gone from nearly a pack a day.. down to having three or four cigarettes.... my initial startup cost was under $100.. a carton of cigarettes cost..110...x2 per month.... the little vials of juice cost $8..lol... I can see maybe going through four of those a month..lol..
E-cigarettes and vapor win win in my books

Nicotine is also in eggplant. Chemically it's very close to vitamin B which helps the body convert calories into energy used in the muscles. Acetylcholine... Nicotine is a naturally occurring stimulant, a way we trick our bodies to feel energized. Smoking isn't a great way to get just nicotine into the bloodstream, plus tobacco gets stale if dry or molds if it's too moist and warm. Keeping it between those two conditions without enormous fleets of mobile humidors is where the poisonous additives come in. I'd rather have vegetable glycerin any day of the week.

Sun 11/08/15 10:34 PM

I purchased the Eleve I stick TC 40 watt.. with the Nautilus mini.. it has surge protection and temperature control.... it is a very good unit..
The only problem I am noticing.. is with the Nautilus tank system.. it is very hard to open to refill I'm having to use a plumbers wrench..lol.. I have already broken two of the glass vessels....grrrrrrrrrrrr. . Bit of a design flaw..

It only needs to be screwed on until you see it pushing down on the silicone gasket. You can count the turns it takes when it's empty then test the seal with just a little liquid in it to see if it leaks or not. They also have metal guards for the Pyrex and a few other types of metal tanks or ones with windows so you can see the liquid.

Sun 11/08/15 10:05 PM

The issue is with the flavourings and aerosol .. Some suggestion of carcinogenic activity .. But no conclusive testing evidence from long term use .

http:/apps.who.int/gb/fctc/PDF/cop6/FCTC_COP6_10-en.pdf[/ url]

I guess it comes down to the chemicals and the effect on lung tissue . Without a doubt cigarette smoking is harmful .. I would check exactly what is in the electronic devices before embarking on that as a healthy alternative waving

Yeah, that's EXACTLY why I stopped using my E-cig... Read some stuff that it is FIFTEEN TIMES WORSE than a normal cig!!!
That scared the crap out of me. If you use it temporarily to ween yourself off of tobacco, then quit entirely, I can see the benefits. But to swap tobacco for the E-cig permanently ... not too sure about that either.

They are also dangerous. There have been numerous instances of them exploding(because of the battery) one person almost died on the spot.

They really aren't healthier at all.

There's a few conditions that have to be met for this to happen.
1. Big wires (very low resistance)
2. Very close to the metal top cap on the RDA
3. The wire itself has to move during operation
4. Metal battery body (mod) with little or no venting
5. A person dumb enough to hold the button long enough with 1-4 (most vapers couldn't tolerate the heat of the vapor or the battery and mod)
6. 1-5 + the wire makes contact with the metal top cap but is thick enough not to melt when the wires cause a short circuit.
7. 1-6 + the protective wrapper on the battery itself melts causing an internal short circuit resulting in full venting of the expanding gasses that cannot be stopped.
8. 1-7 + the idiot has to still be holding it up next to his face.

Ohms law and battery safety are HEAVILY stressed. Fortunately many new devices have short circuit, reverse polarity, battery enclosure temperature protection, and wire temperature control on top of not having metal exposed to the battery sled.

Sun 11/08/15 09:36 PM

The issue is with the flavourings and aerosol .. Some suggestion of carcinogenic activity .. But no conclusive testing evidence from long term use .

http:/apps.who.int/gb/fctc/PDF/cop6/FCTC_COP6_10-en.pdf[/ url]

I guess it comes down to the chemicals and the effect on lung tissue . Without a doubt cigarette smoking is harmful .. I would check exactly what is in the electronic devices before embarking on that as a healthy alternative waving

Yeah, that's EXACTLY why I stopped using my E-cig... Read some stuff that it is FIFTEEN TIMES WORSE than a normal cig!!!

That scared the crap out of me.

If you use it temporarily to ween yourself off of tobacco, then quit entirely, I can see the benefits. But to swap tobacco for the E-cig permanently ... not too sure about that either.

If you use it temporarily to ween yourself off of tobacco, then quit entirely, I can see the benefits. But to swap tobacco for the E-cig permanently ... not too sure about that either.

CF, don't take this personal, this is EXACTLY what Phillip Morris, Lorilard, Marlboro, etc. want you to do. If (you) anyone becomes fearful that something is worse than smoking, they (you) will stop buying hardware, batteries, liquids, and all the other supplies. Even if you read w/e and got so scared of vapor, think about that for a minute afraid of vapor, and quit cold turkey on the spot and NEVER LOOKED BACK <to question or SEE what exactly it is that you are running from> you would be helping big tobacco more than the $4-9 a pack you were giving them.

what how? You'd do exactly what you just did and TELL other vapers, smokers, or those thinking about doing either.
Think about this for a second, you became so afraid of VAPOR, that you quit. You quit. How many people read that or some diluted version of it and saidscared I wanna quit but this craving is so bad I'm gonna smoke half a cig and put it out. I'll just smoke one cigarette. I'll just smoke one when I wake up, one after breakfast, one while I'm driving... Right? I'm not sure what you read exactly but I know of 1 study your reading may have been bastardized from.
The New England Journal of Medicine.
The risk: when wire becomes overheated* large* amounts of formaldehyde are produced*.
This test used a particular piece of equipment called a CE5. Cheap some disposable, but most new vapers start on this. VERY small wire, silica wick, fitted so that higher power batteries aren't compatible with this without an adaptor. The tiny stick batteries with very little wattage and current are compatible with them. Those stick batteries that are adjustable will not get the wire in the CE5 to the temperature needed to create that result. They don't have the power to get the wire that hot. Different devices with lager batteries that COULD, withan adapter, get the wire that hot are completely intolerable to even the most hardcore veteran vapers in the business.
Even though no one used that equipment in that way apart from those recreating the claim to dispel the myth, there is new equipment that not only controls the electricity (wattage, voltage) they now also have the ability to control the temperature of the wire itself in real time.
The New England Journal of Congress, I mean Reynolds, Morris, Medicine that's it... Did a Google search of the wire and it's maximum operating temperature (before the metal melts at 1400C) then found out how to get the device to get to that temperature or close, and took their data from that. They could have been working with other agencies to get the lead out of our water but they'd rather protect their friends in D.C. and their special interest Big Tobacco.

Sat 11/07/15 08:17 PM
:thumbsup:
If the only difference is cutting out the effects of second hand smoke and making our clothes hair cars and homes smell better it'd still be worth it. I thinks as users we owe kids and nonsmokers at least that much.

Sat 11/07/15 07:33 PM
Funny they didn't include energy production in those rankings. That may tilt the scale, off the table for most of these countries.
Say, where's Mexico? Are they included under the U.S.?

Sat 11/07/15 07:28 PM

Obonzo, is preparing for his photo op, in front of the "mission complete" banner, as we type.

i'm sure he's smiling at this...

Nah, that was 43.

Sat 11/07/15 07:24 PM
Nigeria Jamaica and Kazakhstan are the new super powers. That lottery is dynamite.

Sat 11/07/15 07:20 PM

It's still cheating on your spouse.

Spouse bf, gf, significant other w/e i agree. The problem with these open relationships even if it's one partner with the same sex is just like any relationship, things and people change over time. If it's just sex with one woman today there is no guarantee that it won't evolve into 2 against 1 at home, a different woman, more than one woman, a woman and her man, who knows?
The excuses for the large number of these homewreckings, I mean relationships, are growing just as fast too
Its just a girl thing, it's just for fun, it's not cheating if you don't love them, if you're straight laugh it doesn't count, he/she laugh just wants to control you, I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize your relationship (except give your man a hummer while you're at work).
Somebody if not all 3 or however many participants ALWAYS get jealous. It's undeniable. You don't think you care until someone crosses a line they never knew (or did know) they weren't supposed to. After that things are never the same.
Can't have your cake and eat it too. Whor€s...grumble

Sat 11/07/15 03:20 AM

stopped Tobacco in '94,Cold Turkey,at two to three Packs a dayso I don't see any reason to jump on the VAP-Bandwagon!
In 2010 I was diagnosed with Lung-cancer,gonna have my Last Checkup in January!
If it contains Nicotine it's as bad for your Health as CIGS are!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine#Adverse_effects

I hope your check up goes well.

Adverse, yes. When you talk about nicotine, do any of the cigarette or other product companies say exactly how much nic is in 1,5,10,20 or in a full carton of cigs? Do they list any of the non nic additives in particular which one raise the levels of deadly carbon monoxide? Recently the light, ultra-light, full flavor labeling has changed with recent studies showing light and ultra-lights have just as much or more nicotine than full flavors or regulars. They're more addictive and have all the additives and other preservatives that regulars have. They changed from that to colors, blue gold silver etc to try to conceal the fact that they were putting additives in to make cigs more addictive. Not flavorings and still concealed by congress the manufactures the medical community and the FDA and ATF. The 'conventional' non cold turkey cessation means (patches,gums lozenges etc.) are either from the same companies big Pharma or a collaboration. (They turned away from nicorette when it became clear that lots of people would rather do anything else, and started backing blu, Mark ten, zonic ) In the last 2 years or so. Remember all cigarette ads being removed from tv, sporting events in the 90's targeting Joe Camel and the Marlboro man? What would make them put American made nicotine delivery systems easier to steal and or hide from parents? Then there's tar... Absolutely no tar in e-liquid.
Nicotine can poison you if you ingest high concentrations. The one thing vaping shares with cigs is that any user nearing those levels will know it due to the vasoconstriction and woozy, lightheadedness.
The delivery of the addictive nicotine as with other more green 'flowers' is more efficient when vaporized versus smoking where large quantities are destroyed or chemically altered by the combustion. This means even if you choose higher nic liquids you need less to get the dosage needed to stave off the cravings to light up.

Sat 11/07/15 01:01 AM
Another thing of note that any certified diver can tell you:
The two main gasses in our air (oxygen and nitrogen) can kill you. Both of them. Not carbon dioxide or carbon monoxide which we all know to be deadly and found in cigarette smoke, but pure oxygen and pure nitrogen.

Drinking too much water can also kill you. Once you pass a certain point the cells of the body cannot hold or release water fast enough so the cell walls themselves burst like water balloons.

The main 3 things necessary for human life to be sustained can also end our lives.

If there is any reason at all that people should vape instead of smoke is since there is no combustion, and no laundry list of preservatives or other poisons they add to cigarettes, there is no such thing as 'second hand vapor'. The idea or even the sound of the phrase is ridiculous. If you make coffee or tea or cook anything you're making vapor. Second hand smoke on the other hand, isn't just stinky, it's worse than what the smokers inhale because it's unfiltered. I don't have to beat that dead horse.

Sat 11/07/15 12:36 AM

No offence taken waving the report I posted was from the world health organisation . I am sure in the future electronic cigarettes will become regulated and require FDA approval . No.1 can be a test guinea pig ..laughing .. Let us know if you develop any symptoms no.1 .. You know . Like a sixth toe tongue2 :thumbsup:

Ok. That's among many of the things our governments are trying to shovel 'us'. They say oh, well we need to regulate this...

The truth is that nicotine is a controlled substance. All manufacturers get their nicotine from FDA and ATF controlled sources. There are permits and inspections regularly.

But the flavorings.. They're dangerous it's worse than smoking....

Truth, they are also regulated by the FDA. Many if not all flavorings used by manufacturers are GRAS (generally recognized as safe) USP food grade and or kosher. After all, these are food flavorings that existed before vaping.

But we don't know what's in there...
Truth, ALL e-liquid made in the U.S. by law must list the ingredients on the bottles. There are 4 most of the time, vegetable glycerin (natural), propylene glycol (used in food and medicine regularly)
These two ingredients make up most of the liquids. They're in toothpaste, lotions, creams, shampoo, bodywash, soaps hand sanitizer, they're in almost any non solid hygiene products AND
lall, ALL rescue asthma or other types of inhalers (propylene glycol). They used to call them glycol inhalers I had one as a child for asthma. Your concerns about aerosols belong with those inhalers.
The other two ingredients are nicotine and food flavorings.

If the flavorings are deadly, don't eat anything you didn't pick off a tree shoot or catch yourself.

A few states have gone as far as issuing very short lived flavor bans. They'd have to pull all packaged foods and drinks from the stores and that would be anarchy in the worst possible form.

All liquids must be in child proof (laugh ) bottles. Not one cigarette to date that I'm aware of nor any other tobacco products for that matter have been forced to comply to any such regulations. No listed ingredients no childproof package, nothing. So what is our government telling children? What are they telling us?

They already regulate the ingredients the bottles the flavorings the nicotine what they are trying to do now is to make all the hardware (batteries, wire, wicking materials, tanks and atomizers)as drug paraphernalia, contraband, illegal... This is how stupid they think we are. Doctors and politicians (none named of course) are pushing these regulations to make vapers go back to cancer sticks. I fart in their general direction. tongue2

Fri 11/06/15 05:26 PM

http:/apps.who.int/gb/fctc/PDF/cop6/FCTC_COP6_10-en.pdf

I guess it comes down to the chemicals and the effect on lung tissue . Without a doubt cigarette smoking is harmful .. I would check exactly what is in the electronic devices before embarking on that as a healthy alternative

Edited by Blondey111 on Thu 11/05/15 06:37 PM

This is one of the pseudoscientific claims that have very little credence when you actually think about it. Aerosols are ingredients suspended in an alcohol or alkane base RELEASED UNDER PRESSURE. No offense Blondie flowerforyou
There is no pressure vessel or means of dispensing in e-liquid. If the e-liquid was used in a solution that's thin enough to be bottled or canned under pressure there'd be no way of getting it into an ecig. Then if someone could get that thin a liquid in one it would be impossible to vape it, it'd be like sucking a drink though a broken straw.
The 1 thing that the MSDS(material data safety sheets) have as a health risk is called diacetyl. It lead to a condition called popcorn lung. Sounds really bad right? Only the allied groups and organizations like WHO, not named doctors putting their credibility on the line, that the risk is only in powder form in huge concentrations in POPCORN FACTORIES. In liquid form in minute concentrations compared to what workers in popcorn factories were exposed to, its harmless. It's also been all but eradicated from most large and small U.S. e-liquid companies.
The big tobacco companies are losing customers in a big way, their dirty politician legal and medical cohorts want to kill vaping because they're losing millions if not billions of dollars. Screw them.

For real information from a real doctor look up Dr. Farsalinos. He's done a lot of research on this but of course the medical and FDA won't stand behind his findings because cancer patients make them rich. Population control.... There's a lot of ways you can view this but any e-liquid companies in the U.S. by law have to list their ingredients and can on request produce MSDS. Some make their products in laboratories and clean rooms.
Name any cigarette, cigarillos, cigars, dip, snuff, chewing tobacco or pipe tobacco that list all their ingredients... Ask any company to produce a material safety data sheet for their unlisted poisons.
FBT.

Thu 11/05/15 05:19 PM
You can do it, I believe in you. :banana:

I smoked for 20 years up to 4-5 packs a day (Iraq) mostly 1-2 packs a day. September made a year that I have been off cigarettes and I haven't gotten a head/chest cold at all since last year. Stick with it. If you need any info about juices hardware or maintenance I can help.

Wed 11/04/15 08:59 PM

Heard on news radio tonight, that an isis missile struck the Russian plane.

NHI

you sure? seems more like a bomb...anyone say CIA?

http://www.theage.com.au/world/britain-suspends-flights-from-sinai-citing-bomb-fears-20151104-gkr1lq

Seeing as how Putin's dropping bombs on targets inside Syria with jets to help Assad, it makes sense for isil to have used the internet to recruit someone inside Russia with knowledge and access to the flight records and the Russian airport itself. I imagine they had less of a security presence before this happened but they might be taking some TSA like measures in the near future. A.A. missiles may be attainable by theft siege or purchase but they aren't as easily concealed for travel through checkpoints in Egypt. Unlike a derringer or .380 you can't use an A.A. missile to shoot someone who discovers it onthe ground. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's impossible, but the infrared and radars would know exactly where that missile launched from its i.R. sensed path and where it struck the plane. A planted bomb seems much more likely given the evidence. Someone mentioned the flight recorder was damaged, that doesn't happen when the explosion is in the back of the plane and the fuselage breaks up in the air. Sounds deliberate, maybe the late climb before the explosion was the pilots struggling with the hijacker/bomber.

Wed 11/04/15 04:49 PM
In flight infrared flash detected. If it were an rpg or missile that brought it down there would have been an infrared trail marking the path of the missile. It wasn't a trail it was a flash. On the news today they said passengers near the tail, by the pressure bulkhead damaged in the tailstrike 14 years ago on this very plane, had shrapnel in their bodies. Airborne breakup + infrared flash + bodies with shrapnel from the back of the plane + Isil taking credit for this twice = ....
How do you say "it was a bomb" in Russian?
Targeting a plane with structural damage 14 years ago, that's kinda scary.

Mon 11/02/15 09:10 PM
Got away with murder, literally smoking gun and all.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25