Community > Posts By > aldean

aldean's photo
Thu 12/24/20 07:40 AM
Tks for the responses so far everyone.All very good insightfull points from everyone.I agree with all that's been said.And just to make sure my post isn't missunderstood i'm not putting blame why online dating might not work well on any specific gender.Like someone else said in one post.Online dating only works depending on how people use it or something to that effect.If everyone would be genuine and be upfront about what theyre looking for right off the bat when messaging someone or on theyre profile description it might work better and if people would approach it in a realistic manner and with realistic demands in a partner it might be better but i believe because of the too many choices most people approach it like if it was a genie that will grant them any wishes they want no matter how unrealistic.For example the 60 year old overweight bald man that joins a dating site probably doesnt message a 60 year old women who is overweight with wrinkles but he messages instead a 20 year old who looks like barbie wich is why online dating dont work for him.And vice versa the 40 year old women who is overweight and has 5 kids will only message a guy who looks like brad pitt with no kids and lots of money and younger than her instead of messaging a man the same age who is overweight and works a blue collar job.And in the end i believe thats why most people dont find online dating works for them.The only few people left on theses sites with realistic demands dont find what they want either cause most of the picky people dont choose them lol.

aldean's photo
Thu 12/24/20 07:16 AM
Edited by aldean on Thu 12/24/20 07:17 AM
Tom4Uhere i totally agree with what you said in your first comment.Without face to face its not really dating to begin with.

aldean's photo
Mon 12/14/20 09:28 AM
If you met someone on here and really felt a strong emotional,mental and physical connection but they lived a bit further than you did would you move to theyre city to be with them if for some reason it would be impossible for them to do the same?

aldean's photo
Mon 12/14/20 09:17 AM
To someone with a strick and old school upbringing they might say wrong or not consider it right but in reality between 2 consenting adults its honestly not wrong.But it usually comes with its risks.Std's or drama afterwards if one of the two people is not really single.Or if one of the two wants more than just that one night and expect more.

aldean's photo
Mon 12/14/20 09:11 AM
Well i see your point of view but maybe your guy thought that he had no chance to get back with you so in his mind if he thought it was really over no matter how much feelings he had for you and no matter how he would try then thats not his fault.Some people can love hard but move on just as fast and quick if they think there is no chance and if they think you wont give them a another chance.

aldean's photo
Mon 12/14/20 07:01 AM
I believe it's possible but for that people need to put aside all the options available and focus on one good person when they find one so they can actually buil something and establish a true connection.You cant find love by chatting with like 50 people at the same time.It just doesnt happen that way.And also people need to have realistic expectations in a partner and look for what really matters if you want to find real hapiness.Lots of people in online dating sites thinks that because they have so many options that they can act like if they were in a dream or in a movie and choose absolutely anyone they want no matter if its realistic or not.So they wait and wait until they find it putting aside perfectly good choices that could bring them that real hapiness just because its not perfect enough or doesnt corespond to that unrealistic check list.For example if men want to find real love in here they need to stop going for model type womens especially when they look like George Costanza from Seinfeld lol.And womens need to stop looking for rich guys that look like brad pitt when themselves arent perfect and have kids and other things that won't make every guy rush to get into a relationship with them.I think you get what i mean.Simply put its possible to find if both gender approach online dating in a realistic manner and with reasonable demands in a partner.

aldean's photo
Mon 12/14/20 06:48 AM
I'm looking for something longterm.Someone to share this life with.To share the good times as well as the bad.Looking to find real love as cliche as it might sound.But i find its really hard to find in the online dating world with all the options its hard to find someone who doesnt get overwhelmed with it all and looses sight of what's really important.

aldean's photo
Mon 12/14/20 06:34 AM
I remember when online dating started many years ago and it was all new.Back then it was quite different and i believe more effective.Mainly because it wasn't an app for phones.People didn't use it on phones it was mostly used by people
sitting in from of a computer tower at home with a computer monitor and stuff.
I think it was a bit more effective back then because first of all longer profiles was probably more the norm because people typed theyre profiles on the computer and reading a longer profile was less a problem because you didnt read it all on a small phone.Plus it was just starting so people werent jadded with the whole thing.People were just getting used to having more options in meeting different people.But now in 2020 most of theses online dating sites are done on phones using apps so it promotes less effort and shorter profiles mostly dominated by pics and with less written.So how can you find real love and a relationship when your promoting most people with how attractive they look more than what they have to say.I wont mention the other site but there is another popular site that i use and they limit how much you can write in your profile.But they dont limit how many pics you can put.Its like 'sorry you've talked enough but being shallow and posting 20 pics is fine lol.And before this gets too long i'd like to come to my conclusion and ask people what they think of this.In my experience lately when i'm in a dating site i notice that most people tend to stay in the site for months or even years and never find what theyre looking for.Womens are suppose to get like 100 messages per day yet they search for 'the one'(lots of them) but say they havent found it after like a year in a site.How is that possible?Do the math.The get 100 messages per day everyday for 365 days and they didnt find it? The only way thats possible is if theyre too picky.Theres no way around it.So to finish this is Online dating a waist of time in 2020.Lots of men seem to just look for hook ups on there if were to believe what is said and lots of womens seem to just be on there for attention and validation and waiting for a man to fit theyre long list of criteria that they can never find because having so many options made them extremely picky and have unrealistic expectations.So is online dating a useless cycle that always goes the same place?Wich is nowhere lol or is it worth everyones time and effort?

aldean's photo
Mon 12/14/20 06:08 AM
Well i believe there is a majority of men on dating sites looking for just that but there is also lots of men like myself looking for real love and something longterm.Searching for someone to spend the rest of theyre lives together.But us men are probably not the norm on theses sites from what i heard.But in my experience there is a lot of womens on theses sites also just looking for sex.It's 2020 and today lots of womens just as much as men are not looking to get tied down.Even if they say on theyre profiles they are not looking for hookups most of the time they are still.They just are not allowed to admit it.In todays society it's still not seen well for a women to admit that she just wants fun.So because of that girls say things like i am not looking for just a hook up but often they still are and after 5 mins of chatting they will offer to go to the guys place and things happen pretty quickly.Then they will say to a guy 'i don't usually do that on the first date....' and things like that but in reality they always do lol.