Community > Posts By > cosmicgypsy

cosmicgypsy's photo
Tue 02/19/08 04:48 AM
Edited by cosmicgypsy on Tue 02/19/08 04:48 AM
only lifts weights on his right arm

flowerforyou Good morning all you scandulous folk!

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 02:54 PM
chess coach

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 02:41 PM
Edited by cosmicgypsy on Mon 02/18/08 02:43 PM
Circus monkey

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 02:34 PM

Pish, I learned the other day it's best not to answer woo-woo/out of the norm types of questions openly on this forum least one get berated.

noway
frown sorry sweetheartflowerforyou

I think you need to be gettin' down on your knees and kissin' my wazoo too, Mirror Mirror...but I'll accept your apology and let it go at that.

drinker
flowerforyou it wasnt personal sweetyflowerforyou

Lol, a little passive-aggressive, eh?

Enough with it already, okay?

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 02:30 PM

Pish, I learned the other day it's best not to answer woo-woo/out of the norm types of questions openly on this forum least one get berated.

noway
frown sorry sweetheartflowerforyou

I think you need to be gettin' down on your knees and kissin' my wazoo too, Mirror Mirror...but I'll accept your apology and let it go at that.

drinker

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 02:26 PM
I see you're still up to your creepy ways slow racer :tongue:

bigsmile

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 02:22 PM

noway

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 02:04 PM
Jaguar

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 02:00 PM

I'm going to have to disagree. I don't think a person's temperment is a good indicator as to how honest they are. Someone who is ill-tempered may say what's on their mind but they could also end up saying things they don't actually mean because they're fired up. That's not exactly lying or being dishonest but it can be just as hurtful. Plus, a little *****iness every now and then is ok but 24/7? No thank you.

Yeah, I agree with your disagreeance bubbles.

I dunno about everyone else, but I'm both socially adept and honest. If I have to be brutally honest with someone (because for the ever lovin' freakin' life of me I can't tell a flippin' lie to someone just to make them feel better about themselves or to avoid the sometimes difficult nature of honesty) I do so with a kind and gentle demeanor. It is so very rare for me to ever fly off the handle.

Uhhh, I'm not perfect though. I did lose it a few months ago. I was trying to get my boyfriend at the time to stop a particular behavior, pure laziness, and he told me he didn't know what I was talking about regarding the laziness (he was financially set and didn't have to work)-- noway even though he'd had hundreds and hundreds of dollars of materials laying around his house to refurbish it, and day after day went by and he did nothing, even though I told him I would happily help and coaxed him along each morning with a plan for the day...which he agreed to each and every *bleepin* morning (good grief...laugh what was I thinking?) -- I picked up a can of Lysol and threw it at him. I beaned him square in the nose. Lol, I can fire a baseball usually with precision. Omg, he didn't even flinch. Uhhh, I'm no longer with the guy.

I was completely and totatlly horrified with myself for my behavior. Mortified. Even nicer than nice people have their breaking point I found out. Such a cute house, and all it needed was some work.

And :tongue: apparently I cannot only not tell a lie, but I can't keep something unpleasant about myself under wraps either...woe is me.

laugh laugh laugh

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 01:12 PM
...have the wish I wish tonight.

If you could have one wish come true with regards to what you'd like to do with your life for a career/work what would it be? Money's not an object, so you don't need to post that you'd have to win the lottery first. You will have all the money you need to successfully start and run your business or career goal -- no more, no less.

How would you reinvent yourself if you could? What is it that you would do with yourself that would fulfill your intellectual and interpersonal needs?

Dream big and outloud people. Share every nuance of what you'd like, and write it as if it already is. When you're finished writing, no matter how long or short your wishing post, end it with writing out "I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight".

Most of all, have fun and stay positive while you're writing it. Let no doubts about any problems you might think you could have come up and color your dream ugly, okay? :heart:

I have a two part wish that would round out my each and every week meeting my needs for both my drive to own a business and my drive to depart from any career choice I've ever made and performed in my life. The second part is something I've just decided to start working on this year.

The business is called Cosmic's bigsmile . It is an eclectic restaurant that is opened Friday nights for dinner, for lunch and dinner on Saturday, and for Sunday Brunch. It seats 50-60 people. I do prep work in the morning and otherwise hostess. I am not so into being the owner that I'm beyond washing dishes.

The food is fresh and delicious, by far more inventive than corporate restaurant fare, but not pretentious and unrecognizable. The wine list is extensive, fabulous, and so not over priced. I have a really good tap beer selection, including some of Germany's finest.

The place is famous for my award winning Apple Macadamia Nut Pie (I won a Blue Ribbon for this in the San Mateo Co Fair in the early 90's)

The food and drink is served on and in China and Crystal, but not a single piece on any one table matches. All the fabrics in the place are all different patterns and in deeply warm colors. Most of the fabrics are tye dyed. There is artwork on the walls from local artists (eclectic artwork, though) and there are unique kites hanging about and interesting crystals set about. Fresh flowers and plants grow out of every cubby hole available in the place. It is exclusively candle lit at night. The music played is, of course, gypsy-like kinds of music. There are live guitar and violin performances, too.

The place is environmentally designed. The gray water is recycled to water the greenhouse wherein I grow the fresh vegies and herbs I serve, and the cut flowers for the tables. The whole restaurant is run from as much alternative energy resource as possible, and is self sustaining as is possible.

My crew LOVES coming to work because I treat them with respect and pay them over the top wages...they are worth their weight in gold. I carry through the same crew year in and year out and we are like family to one another. We have a sit down meal daily, on the house.

A short time following the opening the restaurant is such a success and well received that reservations are needed weeks in advance to dine. The reviews of the place glow.

I close the place each night with an unprecedented satisfaction I never felt before in my work place.

Part two (much shorter and simpler happy )--

I live on the same piece of property as is Cosmic's. I spend Monday through Thursday tending my greenhouse garden and I have the freedom to write the screenplay I am dreaming of writing. After I finish the screenplay and edit it to perfection it is picked up and produced. Millions of people worldwide go to see the movie and have life altering experiences.

I eventually retire from the restaurant business, maybe to continue writing. I sell the restaurant to the crew as a co-op financial venture for them. I eat there for free whenever I want :wink:

I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight.

flowerforyou

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 11:12 AM
I'll turn 50 later this year and it seems such a very strange thing to me. I feel much, much younger. I feel younger now than I did in my 30's, that's for sure.

Gawd, I'll never forget the first time someone called me ma'am. My heart dropped into my shoes. It was at a Pink Floyd concert about 12 years ago. I had an end seat and this younger guy not much more than 20 wanted to step out, "Excuse me, ma'am" he said. Uhg. At least he was being repectful and mannerly.

I don't mind being my age, I'm happier than I've ever been in my entire life. I'm single, my son is grown and on his own, and I'm independent and confident. I don't have any hangups about anything.

I don't know how I'm going to take the big 5-0 day, though. I know it's just a number, but lol, it's a big number.

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 10:59 AM
How's about Papa Bear for you?

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 10:58 AM
bigsmile

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 10:34 AM
Make it a good one, bebe! flowerforyou

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 10:29 AM
Omg...I just made myself blush. Sheesh.

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 10:29 AM

Okay, I'll bite...what might be a good stripper name for me?

1st thing , loose the bite thing :wink: ....ouch laugh laugh

glasses

my bad, couldn't resizzzzzt :wink: laugh laugh

glasses

laugh You didn't have to take me so literally, bud.

Maybe a good stripper name for you would be Soft Touch, eh?

bigsmile

& for you darlin' COSMIC CLEVAGE :wink: bigsmile

glasses

:tongue: perhaps so, darlin'.

Lol, what about Nibblin' Man?

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 10:23 AM

glasses

my bad, couldn't resizzzzzt :wink: laugh laugh

glasses

Maybe a good stripper name for you would be Soft Touch, eh?

bigsmile

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 10:15 AM

glasses

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 09:54 AM
A few months ago I got out of a relationship with a man who had upwards of $30,000 worth of guns, but didn't know he had that many stored elsewhere until he brought them home. Some of these guns are the types used by the war machine in Iraq.

I wasn't amused by his attitued about them, especially since he was drinking while handling them. They were unloaded, but still it seemed irresponsible. I moved out of his house the next day.

I was taught how to shoot at a young age by my father, and one or two guns for personal protection are understandable, but an arsenal seems more than a tad bit over the top to me.

cosmicgypsy's photo
Mon 02/18/08 09:46 AM