cosmicgypsy's photo
Sun 02/24/08 06:03 PM
was Nancy Regan's secret admirer...I told her to watch out for you laugh

cosmicgypsy's photo
Sun 02/24/08 06:00 PM
Tries to make whipped cream from skim milk

cosmicgypsy's photo
Sun 02/24/08 06:28 AM
Oh yeah? What're you going to do about it?

cosmicgypsy's photo
Sun 02/24/08 06:25 AM
Knows the alphabet backwards, by heart, and recites it to everyone they meet whether they want to hear it or not.

cosmicgypsy's photo
Sat 02/23/08 07:55 PM
Okay, pkh. I wasn't sure what you meant.

Jace, FL winters are THE ONLY reason to live in FL. They are wonderful...perfect for kayaking and kite flying, two of some of my favorite outdoors things to do.

*Hisses and scampers away*

Cute, even if toothy bigsmile ...I bet you want to be a badger when you grow up, huh? :tongue:

cosmicgypsy's photo
Fri 02/22/08 04:33 PM
I'd for sure call them on it...it's kwap to lie in a relationship.

cosmicgypsy's photo
Fri 02/22/08 04:09 PM

Dancing around the kitchen to The Twist with my son....bigsmile

That's so great! flowerforyou

cosmicgypsy's photo
Fri 02/22/08 04:08 PM
I was an Addictions Counselor in a Methadone Clinic, and have otherwise counseled as a lay person (Transpersonal Psych) and Reiki healer for years and years...personally, I find Dr. Phil's approach barbaric and discompassionate...

...given I practice the adage "if you don't have something nice to say, then say nothing at all" I'll not be further saying anything else least I get ugly...except for one word, grumble MONEY.

cosmicgypsy's photo
Fri 02/22/08 04:00 PM
My job is a happy thing. The pay and hours bite the big hooha, but working with the public is great fun!

bigsmile

cosmicgypsy's photo
Fri 02/22/08 03:58 PM

This is one of our worst winters....question how come sometimes this thread is here and other times it's not

Hi pkh! *waving*

By questioning why this thread is here and then not here, are you actually referring to my "My long johns need long johns" thread? I'm confused because whenever I log on, daily, I see it here. Maybe you're referring to something else?

We've got a bit of a warm-up coming this weekend, though...happy woo-hoo!

I still say a few months of cold and snow are better than six solid months of FL hellacious heat...bigsmile that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

flowerforyou

cosmicgypsy's photo
Thu 02/21/08 06:13 AM

So cold in Wisconsin even my nipples are hard.....:tongue:

Daaaaang, it IS so cold in WI this morning....brrrrrr!

cosmicgypsy's photo
Wed 02/20/08 06:17 AM

mmmm making it a science .. not sure astronomy yes but astrology that is a good question .. i enjoy reading about it but I put my trust in my higher power not my horoscope ...

Good answer!

Although I think science and scientists are often misguided due to their often times one track minds, science is empirical and astrology is more fluid. Science relies on definitive, provable outcomes to theories, and astrology is interpretive and allows for wiggle room. I think astrology is ground more in mathematics than anything else, there are more geometric formations/formulations in astrology than there is science.

I personally consider that if genetics is the blueprint for our physicality, then astrology is a gossamer blueprint of our characters and personalities.

cosmicgypsy's photo
Wed 02/20/08 06:04 AM
Although "dump" is a harsh word, a few months ago I ended a relationship with a man of financial means. Money is not worth as much as it is valued at. Period. At least for me, happiness and fulfillment are far more valuable.

:smile: ...but I wouldn't have known that before knowing him because I'd never had a significant other with cash stashed all over the place.

cosmicgypsy's photo
Tue 02/19/08 08:59 AM
Okay, yeah, Chippewa Falls is charming. At least what I've seen of it is. I found Thorp on the map, maybe after the roads are a little more hospitable we can meet somewhere in between for lunch. Although there's a further distance for you to go than for me there's nice little cafe in Bloomer that has decent food and serves all kinds of .... PIES! laugh I think it's called Main Street Cafe, have you heard of it?

I was a cook for many, many years when I was younger, and then when I lived in FL I had an in-home dining service as a personal chef. I did gourmet multi-course dinner and cocktail parties for the wealthy. It was a way to be my own boss as a chef, but without having the financial overhead of a storefront business. I've not yet had the finances to open a place of my own, and I wouldn't do so without the kind of financial backup that would carry the place through the first years.

They really are very expensive to open, and the failure rate is phenonmenal. 95% of restaurants fail within the first year or two. I'm not daunted by the later, but the money part is something to contend with. I know that if I ever open a place the quality of the food wouldn't be its undoing...location might be, but not the food itself. There are restaurants going bankrupt and closing left and right in my area...but location isn't really their problem, their menus are. You can't go anywhere around here and get a kicky meal. All the menus are pretty much the same...noway I don't get that, at all.

I won a number of cooking contests when I was younger and have a real creative flair for putting a meal and plate together that never fails to please. I pretty much know my wines and which foods they're best served with. I used to hostess fine German and Austrian wine tasting parties when I live in San Francisco years ago.

As far as where I'm from...:wink: I'm from a galaxy far, far away! laugh laugh laugh

My father was in the service so I've lived in numerous places. The most unusual was in the Philippines when I was a young girl. Most of the other years were in CA. I went to Jr. High and High School in Poway, CA just north of San Diego. Then, after I had my son at 21 I moved north to the Sierra foothills for a spell, and then just north of San Francisco where I lived for 12 years. I then moved to FL where I was for 13 years until the end of June last summer.

And now I'm here, in Bruce, with 756 other people who only have so much interest in outsiders. Good grief! What? Do I look like I might chew someone's head off if they so much as say hi to me? noway

Oh well, I like WI and I'm staying. I'll eventually meet some people who don't completely and totally have small town attitudes...:tongue: at least that is my hope.

cosmicgypsy's photo
Tue 02/19/08 06:33 AM

Show film clips of George Bush to chimps in order to prove to them that the theory of evolution is flawed.

Lol, what a noble thing it is that you do, and so very true!

flowerforyou

I check out a few different forum groups, everything from this place (now that I've recently joined) to occult sites and conspiracy theory sites. If the spirit moves me I'll work on some creative writing (I'm starting a screenplay), in the afternoon I may read and nap, and I cook with a passion. Today I'm baking a double batch of Snickerdoodles and chicken enchiladas. Oh yeah, and I'm keeping the two woodstoves crankin' out heat bigsmile

cosmicgypsy's photo
Tue 02/19/08 06:03 AM

I'm in WI here too. I'm warm on the inside, lol, but I'm typing with gloves on and long johns and sweats and two pairs of socks and shoes...I've been wearing two layers of clothes for so long I've forgetten what it's like to wear shorts and a T-shirt and go barefoot. But that's okay because --

AlienAqua, I moved from FL last summer, and I'll tell y'all true, I'll take the WI winter over a FL summer hands down, any day. That hot and humid kwap got real old real fast. After 13 summers of it I don't miss it at all. At least the snow and snowing is beautiful!

bigsmile There's a silver lining to every gray cloud.

I hear ya cosmic, I may move back up north myself for that very reason...

laugh What's so funny to me is that when the temp would drop into the high 50s during the day in FL in the winter I would be wearing a coat and shivering, and now when the temp reaches the 20s and 30s here in WI I think it's warm...lol. There's something about subzero weather that gives one a whole new perspective on what warm is.

bigsmile

cosmicgypsy's photo
Tue 02/19/08 05:29 AM
November 19th

My son's b-day is the 15th and I'd like to be able to celebrate our b-days together. Given he's in FL that'll take some planning, but it is doable.

cosmicgypsy's photo
Tue 02/19/08 05:22 AM
I'm in WI here too. I'm warm on the inside, lol, but I'm typing with gloves on and long johns and sweats and two pairs of socks and shoes...I've been wearing two layers of clothes for so long I've forgetten what it's like to wear shorts and a T-shirt and go barefoot. But that's okay because --

AlienAqua, I moved from FL last summer, and I'll tell y'all true, I'll take the WI winter over a FL summer hands down, any day. That hot and humid kwap got real old real fast. After 13 summers of it I don't miss it at all. At least the snow and snowing is beautiful!

bigsmile There's a silver lining to every gray cloud.

cosmicgypsy's photo
Tue 02/19/08 05:13 AM
littleredhen,

I think we all can't wait for summer. Good grief, I hear we're supposed to have another week of subzero weather. I'm not sure if it's true, but it is WI so likely it is true. Lol, I've seriously been daydreaming of gardening green things the past two weeks. I close my eyes and imagine the sun beating down on my noggin'!

Ladysmith is about eight miles from me and is a much bigger town with a population of nearly 4,000 (woo-hoo!) which is far more than here in Bruce with less than 800. There are actually grocery stores in Ladysmith you don't have to take out a loan to buy groceries. Our market here in town is so expensive the first day I moved here and did some shopping I was stunned at the prices. Really, I thought it should be illegal to charge that much for food.

As far as the driving goes, I hate to admit it but I haven't had to drive yet. I've gotten rides to and from work because my car has needed fixing. A warranted alternator wasn't working properly and is being replaced. It's supposed to be fixed and ready today I think though, so I'll be seein' what it's like to drive in this mess. Fortunately, the car has front wheel drive and I'm told this is a helpful plus when driving in snow. Lol, we'll see. Even though nothing does well on the ice I'm going to have to see about getting a four wheel drive before next winter.

So are you moving to Ladysmith anytime soon? Hmmm, I'm not sure where Thorp is, I'll have to look it up on the map, but if you're ever around Bruce email me before and maybe we can meet up for breakfast or lunch, if you'd like. I know so few people in the state and it'd be nice to make some new friends.

cosmicgypsy's photo
Tue 02/19/08 04:52 AM
was a CIA agent, but got fired for driving too slow in hot pursuit chases