Community > Posts By > Teri11215

Teri11215's photo
Mon 07/30/12 09:44 PM
I have asked men out, and I wouldn't be opposed to doing so again, even though those relationships went downhill, I don't believe all men are the same. Good luck!

Teri11215's photo
Mon 07/30/12 09:36 PM
Hi I'm new here also, but welcome anyway. The forums are pretty cool here. Good luck to you!

Teri11215's photo
Mon 07/30/12 06:01 PM
Your dad sounds so much like mine. I feel your pain, and will continue to pray for him, and for all of your family. I hope he doesn't change his mind about the feeding tube. :heart:

Teri11215's photo
Mon 07/30/12 05:53 PM
Just like the majority here, single. At times I don't mind, but there are times I would like to know that there is someone who cares that doesn't have to.

Teri11215's photo
Mon 07/30/12 05:50 PM
I don't think it would be a red flag, but I would be careful about getting into a serious relationship. It could mean they were abusive, and that is one thing I will not put up with, only time will tell.

Teri11215's photo
Mon 07/30/12 05:42 PM
I always try my best to help someone, and offer a hand in friendship. If I find, however, they are continuing to find problems to dwell on, then I usually go deaf lol.

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with letting someone you care about know that you are there for them, I find that characteristic very appealing in a person. I often talk to a male friend of mine, who I never met, but we became friends on another dating web site. We do our best to help each other. It's always good to help, you never know when the shoe is on the other foot.

Teri11215's photo
Sun 07/29/12 04:48 PM
I don't use the word average at all, I believe it is how we were taught, that makes us all different, and yet in some ways the same.

Teri11215's photo
Sun 07/29/12 04:44 PM
That was beautiful, thank you for sharing it. Wouldn't it be great if we all had a chance to do something like this in our lifetime?

Teri11215's photo
Sat 07/28/12 07:37 PM
I find myself in the same situation with my mom, she gave so much to my brother and I, now it's my or I should say "our" time to give back to her. Otherwise I would be willing to move. I find this an admirable trait in a person, but especially coming from a man, nice words Ghostrider, and I wish you luck and many years with your dad.

Teri11215's photo
Sat 07/28/12 07:34 PM

I am where I am for a reason.
It is not the place I would prefer to be but it is where I need to be.
I care for my Dad and I am in Noooooo hurry for that to change.
It has been my great pleasure to return to him.....my time, care, and support. A drop in the bucket compared to all he has done for me in my life.
Sooooo.........
I am happy to be here doing what I am doing.
In the future..........
I would relocate for myself......or for the right Lady!!!

Teri11215's photo
Sat 07/28/12 07:29 PM
Your right Betty, perhaps it's a woman's thing, that we need closure? But I don't want to make that generalization about one gender over another, because I don't think that is fair. I'm sure men have experienced this behavior from women also.

Teri11215's photo
Sat 07/28/12 07:26 PM

When someone makes you feel that you are someone special in their lives, and then stop calling. At least let a person know what they did wrong! This has recently happened to me, and I didn't get a message from him, but a very cold email from his son. It's strange how some just can't admit they don't have the feelings they thought they did for you when you first got together.

Don't get me wrong, I'm moving on with my life, and wish him well, but I really would have liked an explanation from him, on why he suddenly changed his mind.

I know woman are guilty of this also, I see this a flaw in one's personality Or worse yet, a red flag, that something wasn't real about them to begin with, which is sad.

it is a very mean thing somebody can do to another person that cared for them. I think we need the explanation to help bring closure. But for them its easy,cause they don't care.

Teri11215's photo
Sat 07/28/12 05:13 PM
Yes there are many times I feel alone, but then again, most days, I am glad for my freedom. Just think if one of your friends call and want to do something, your free to do what you want and have fun.

Teri11215's photo
Sat 07/28/12 05:10 PM
I don't know if they will allow me to reply an actual website name, but I will try to lead you in the right direction. Google, DH they have a lot of forums for different topics. Good luck to you.

Teri11215's photo
Sat 07/28/12 05:07 PM
In my opinion this has happened to everyone, but time will help heal your broken heart. It has happened to me more than once. but I'm still standing. You look young, so don't be in such a rush to settle down. Good luck to you, and please don't get involved with another woman again until you know you are completely past this hurt.

Teri11215's photo
Sat 07/28/12 04:52 PM
Luckily for me, my friends and I have different taste in men. However if I found myself in a relationship, and found out that he was cheating, I would be single again.

Teri11215's photo
Sat 07/28/12 04:47 PM
This shouldn't just be targeted toward men with hot women. I have known women that do the same. that have what some would call a "hot guy." I don't think it is because they are gay, I think it is because they have little to no self confidence, and need to feel they are attractive to others. Personally if I am in a relationship, I would not put up with a man having sex with anyone else. In order to get respect that you want and deserve, you have to respect yourself also. Good luck to you.

Teri11215's photo
Sat 07/28/12 04:33 PM
I went through the whole process of lung cancer with my dad also. I know what you are going through, and I agree with the person who said it may be for the best if he believes that he doesn't have cancer. We granted my dad's wishes to die at home, and though it was difficult, we never regretted that decision.

My mom was diagnosed with bladder cancer last October, but she is doing fine. It was a bit easier with my dad, because my brother lived a few doors down from us, in his own apartment, so he would come up to our apartment at 10:00 at night to give my mom and I a few hours of rest. He doesn't live in our neighborhood anymore, and I live alone with my mom. As I said though, my mom is doing well. Don't give up hope for your mom, you never know when God will grant a miracle.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Teri11215's photo
Sat 07/28/12 09:15 AM
When someone makes you feel that you are someone special in their lives, and then stop calling. At least let a person know what they did wrong! This has recently happened to me, and I didn't get a message from him, but a very cold email from his son. It's strange how some just can't admit they don't have the feelings they thought they did for you when you first got together.

Don't get me wrong, I'm moving on with my life, and wish him well, but I really would have liked an explanation from him, on why he suddenly changed his mind.

I know woman are guilty of this also, I see this a flaw in one's personality Or worse yet, a red flag, that something wasn't real about them to begin with, which is sad.

Teri11215's photo
Sat 07/28/12 09:04 AM
I absolutely agree with the op of this forum. Too many times our military men and women are forgotten, Memorial Day is looked up as the beginning of barbecues, instead of marking the many lives taken for our freedom.

If the Mingle2 mediators don't do something about this, i there a way that we as members. could do something about this?

Thank you to all our troops, men and women.