Community > Posts By > bob_kemp56

bob_kemp56's photo
Thu 07/12/12 05:53 PM
Hi galendgirl, good evening!

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Thu 07/12/12 05:48 PM
Hi Kristi --

I started this flea market 2 years ago come this Sept. in a storage unit facility out East of McKinney about 15 miles, other side of Princeton and Farmersville. It's almost exactly between Greenville and McKinney.

The first year we did great. I have 90 venders by that May. Then the convenience store in front burned down and that leeched a lot of traffic away. Then the owner stopped following the contract he has with me to run it, stopped running ads, stopped maintaining the grounds, well, he basically let it all go to crap. Of course, that started us losing customers then venders, then more customers, it spiraled down.

He hired me to rebuild the convenience store, nice contract project manager for the construction. I had it up and open 4 months from when he hired me. Well, in a nutshell he STILL refused to follow the contract with me, no advertising, no ground maintenence, the place looks abandoned. So, while I did get a rush of new venders in the Spring, it was curtailed by lack of customers brought about by no ads.

At this point, we have 50 venders, but now I'm lucky to get 4 to open on the weekends and I think when my contract runs out in Sept. I'm going to bail out and set up somewhere new. Maybe I'll rent a building in a high-traffic area and set up an Antique Mall, where venders rent by the sq. ft. and I provide a cashier (probably me). I'm looking at 3 locations for that now. Of course, I know enough venders to fill it fairly quick. They all like me and know that it was the owner who killed the flea market, not me.

Anyhow, like you needed all that! lol

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Thu 07/12/12 05:28 PM
Hi --

Thanks for letting me know! I just went through 18 pages of the search results and sent nudges to the ladies who looked interesting. I guess I better go back through and message them since many of them apparently aren't visiting the site often.

I have a date lined up for Friday night, should be fun, nothing gianteous, play pool, chat...but a new lady I've talked with for a few weeks now and am looking forware to meeting.

I work weekends at the flea market, so that're my plans for the weekend. Monday is my Saturday and in these BullDog Days of Summer (hadda make a ref to the Bulldog in the speed-o, lol), I'm pretty bushed on Monday from the heat even though I close the shops early now, around 2PM.

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Thu 07/12/12 03:33 PM
Hi there!

Looks like I'm done working for the day, off to play!

I do have a question - of course - since y'all moderatorz are on here a lot...

(1)
When I nudge someone, say with a wink, as long as they haven't blocked email notification, does it default to sending them an email notifying them that they've been "nudged"?

An awful lot of the hits returned by the search engine are coming back "haven't been seen for over a month" and I want to know if I can entice them back by sending a "nudge". If it doesn't send an email to them, I'll have to try something else like a quick message to see if they are still looking for a man, if that sends an email to them.

(2)
I DO have to make a suggestion - maybe the search engine should sort the returns by the selected fields picked, THEN sort those by "most recently online" so that the first ones are those most recently here and most likely to respond.

If this site wants to generate more action/fermentation for the members, and I figger it does since froth is good, then that would help a lot. I have 732 in my returned search, 74 pages of returns, and it sure would be nice if the ones I see first have been online most recently. I tried the "currently online" search and THAT returned people from all over the planet! Maybe THAT one should sort for nearest to me at the top to farthest so that the ones at the top are more relevant to me?

Y'all are gonna ban me, I know it, I can't help it, this is what I do...

Bob

ps. please don't ban me, I'm mostly harmless...just an engineer and we're known to be strange...bk

bob_kemp56's photo
Thu 07/12/12 09:30 AM
Hi --

I've written client-server code for Windows and the title line is generated somewhere in the script. As soufiehere said, some browers ignore it and apparently IE doesn't.

Whoever is responsible for the script for this website, whatever language it is in, could simply search for "title" in it. There's certainly some logic that looks at the user profile database age field and if the age is over X years, inserts "Senior" in the title field html code for the page. Or many possible variations of this logic, all equally fixable (could be in a template, for instance).

It's about a 5 minute fix IF the decision is made that it needs to be fixed. I vote to fix it (obviously).

Closing this thread now...unless someone still wants to post here...

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Thu 07/12/12 06:33 AM
GOOD MORNING!

I'm new here and I'm a designer so I wonder about features, missing, included and limited. That's all. Meta-chatting.

So I hope y'all will continue to tell me why certain features/freedoms have been implemented here or not when I ask. Please don't take it personally.

Yes, I know about the meet at the Canyon, thanks for mentioning it!

I'll be online all day today but fairly busy, so I'll glance back in here from time to time as my schedule allows.

Have a great day!

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Wed 07/11/12 07:59 PM
Guess I'll take off too, see y'all tomorrow...

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Wed 07/11/12 07:50 PM
Hi -

I'm back. Sorry about that, was setting up a date with a cute lil thang over on a competing website.

That's actually why I'm on dating websites. To get dates. Who'd uh thunk it???

I'm strange enough of a person to know that the first few women I meet won't work out unless I'm EXCEEDINGLY LUCKY! NOT GONNA HAPPEN! So I figger I better set up a shotgun approach.

Here's my question - I'm finding many of the women I'm chatting with online aren't really interested in meeting. They would chat online for YEARS! Literally! I've seen their histories!

So, here's my question - Once you've looked over each other's profiles, once you've exchanged a bunch of messages about yourself and them, how long before a man should push for a face to face meet? I mean, some of them act like I'm RUSHING THEM when we've been chatting daily for WEEKS!

Ridiculous! I think they are using these sites like a romance novel and have no interest in actually getting a life!

Bob the Bitcher...

ps. did it censor that?...bitcher?...bk

bob_kemp56's photo
Wed 07/11/12 07:28 PM
I just started my second drink, having cranberry and gin tonight. I usually only have 3, so there's a way to go before I crash.

I gotta admit the Bulldog in Speed-O Regalia almost made me spew it all over the keyboard!

For some reason, I shifted my schedule starting July the 4th when I stayed up with a date to watch fireworks. We were up past 1AM. My neighbors are firebugs, so there was quite a show.

My hours are USUALLY from about 3AM to maybe 8PM, maybe 9PM, I only sleep 5 hours most nights, one day a week I pu in a whole 8 hours.

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Wed 07/11/12 07:21 PM
Good night galendgirl!

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Wed 07/11/12 07:13 PM
Hi oldhippie1952 -

I'm actually an old hippie too. I couldn't even give up. In the mid-90's a couple of engineers I knew asked me to play in a band they were starting. I told them sure, I still have a few nice guitars that will play. They said, no, we want you to play keyboards. I said, hey, I'm a guitar player! They said, oh no, we've seen you play keys before, come play keys. So, I grew my hair out and got my hands in shape and we played clubs in N. Dallas for several years before we petered out.

That's where the longhair pic on my profile came from. The Bad Boy Bob look...

Were you at Woodstock? (grins)

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Wed 07/11/12 07:04 PM
esebulldog -

I gotta say that was funny AND timely! Bulldog In Speed-O Regalia!

Nice to meetcha too!

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Wed 07/11/12 06:59 PM

haha laughs @ esebulldog's pic!

B.

bob_kemp56's photo
Wed 07/11/12 06:57 PM
Ha!

I guess the censorship software isn't good enough to strike out descriptive visual effects like a bunch of men parading around in speed-o's, eh?

I saw you gals lookin'!

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Wed 07/11/12 06:50 PM
Hey you guys -

If you keep insisting the gals wear bikinis you know what's gonna happen next? They'll demand we wear speed-o's. Are you up for that?

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Wed 07/11/12 06:46 PM
Hi TxsGal3333!

I guess you are Kristi? I think you told me in that message and I forgot!

ANOTHER THING THAT WOULD BE EASY TO DO IS PUT IN A CHATROOM SO INSTEAD OF POSTING FORUM MESSAGES, WE COULD BE CHATTING.

If you want to know a cheap source of chat software, or free even, I have one you could add easily enough that works pretty well.

SOMMMMEBODY STOP ME! (Jim Carey quote)

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Wed 07/11/12 06:42 PM
Hi -

I certainly understand that sex sites are different and I'm certainly not suggesting you allow that here. If I wanted that, I have a list of sites for that purpose (or can get one quickly enough, too quickly!)

And I can understand that some people are very sensitive to foul language and shouldn't have to be exposed to it. Therefore, those people who want should be able to censor what they see. So, why should everyone be punished for the preference of a few? Not that I'm suggesting a vote, you know, because it isn't a democracy here!

A setting should be provided that allows individual censoring of foul language. This is the internet and the tech is readily available. Yahoo even does it and they suck!

Ok, I'm going to quit bitching, but why is the word "bitching" allowed and "a s s" not? I say free the "a s s" too!

Bob

ps. I know I said I'd stop, ya just can't trust me...bk

bob_kemp56's photo
Wed 07/11/12 06:27 PM
Hi --

I'm a little put off by this forum. I've operated many forums myself and they all have had the option to censor language as an individual option, not forced upon everyone.

Don't you have to be at least 18-years old to use this site?

That's something else to talk to the admin about, yellowrose. Each member in the forum should be able to set their own levels of censoring. Us adults should be able to use adult language. I'm not talking being nasty, just grown up. I couldn't use the word donkey in here! The OTHER word for donkey! It ***'d it!

ok, now I'm bitching about the site and I just got here...better stop...(did that show as *****ing?)

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Wed 07/11/12 06:15 PM
Edited by bob_kemp56 on Wed 07/11/12 06:18 PM
Hi --

I was going to make a smart-*** comment about "stilting at windmills" but couldn't work it into the conversation...

EDITED --> Hey! What's with the ***? ^^^ Is this forum censored? We can't use adult language here? Is it a setting I have? I'll check. I may not be a "senior", but I'm all growed up and certainly can handle the word "a s s" without some machine shoving asterisks into it....bk

Hey yellowrose, I just looked at the top of galendgirl's profile and IT says "Houston Senior Singles" on it too! So, everyone sees that on mine too, "Weston Senior Singles". I really REALLY don't like being cubbyholed like that. I'm only 55! I won't be a senior for over a decade at least!

You need to talk to the people who code this website, have the "senior" age pushed up to something like 75 or 80 years old!

Bob

bob_kemp56's photo
Wed 07/11/12 06:02 PM
Hi galendgirl - (just finished reading your profile too!)

Actually, I went back about 6 pages in this forum topic and read forward, so I've sampled some of y'all's personalities already!

I was brutally honest in my profile! Oops? Are you telling me I should've stilted it? I'm an engineer! I don't know how to stilt things!

Bob

ps. actually, I'm in sales too, so I stilt like nobody's business!...bk