Community > Posts By > oddonion007

oddonion007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 04:59 AM
Good mornin. Remember, to have a bad day is easy, to have a good one takes a choice and energy. Keep your mind and eyes open as often as you can!

oddonion007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 04:54 AM
Excellent, I'm almost the other way around. Prana is the Indian(east) word for the energy and it was a Pranic healing book-"Your Hands Can Heal You"- that taught me a lot of my fundementals. Reiki I've barely skimmed the surface of, what do you think of that?

oddonion007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 04:21 AM
Hm... I suppose I digressed... Meditation is a way to clean your meridians, energy channels-just like accupuncture. I don't like needles... nor bruising suction cups. So I stick to meditation! Have you ever looked into Reiki or Pranic healing?

oddonion007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 04:16 AM
Lol, I dunno. Personally I think religion falls short because people cop out and never look past blind faith. Science falls short because the universe is paradoxal. They both take root in truth, I believe. Truth cannot be really transferred from the source entirely by either vessel, just kind of tasted and pointed in the right direction by. Language is imperfect, as are our methods and enlightenment can only be reached by yourself if you want to.
And no I'm not a hippy!

oddonion007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 04:02 AM

interesting...... mixing science/medicine into beliefs....

hmmmm wars were started on less I guess....

laugh laugh

Lol tushe... Actually I get a lot of my crazy beliefs from the Chinese "one source, two poles" idea. Hopefully I won't start anything like that from my beliefs... on here... yet...

oddonion007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 03:56 AM

I personally am interested in Eastern philosophies of medicine. I take as little medicine as possible for my condition. About the only thing I can't do without is vicidon when I have a really bad backache. Otherwise, I believe in the bodies ability to heal itself and the power of positive thought.

That's where I see the two forms of healing merging though. Your body/energy is still doing the healing, its just a matter of weather or not you feel the pain. And as long as you keep in mind that that medicine is not really healing you, therefore not making it worse in the meantime, you still have the right idea.

oddonion007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 03:54 AM
Depends what you believe... Personally I think of the mind as seperate from the brain itself. Theres definatly a strong relationship between the body and mind though I believe in the whole physical body, astral body, energy body, different consciencness thing.

oddonion007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 03:50 AM
Lol the brain is an amazing organ. Do you think that Holosyncing works more with the brain itself or with the mind? Lol and I think both forms of healing are good, eastern and western. I personally think the eastern "higher level thinking" is the better philosophy but to be honest when I get a bad headache I do like havin asprin around...

oddonion007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 03:41 AM

Darn, I'm sorry. Hm, I don't even know where to start on text... A breif summary is there is energy circulating both in and outside of you. When you get sick, there's a blockage or disruption of some sourt. Basically everything you have ever heard about kinesis is really(in my opinion) energy related. "qi follows yi" meaning the energy follows your intent so if you have ever read about "the secret" it finds some base here(I personally believe "the secret is about 80% right). Masters of energy manipulation can make fire dance, water boil or freeze, move objects and know if you are sick just before doctors can. Energy healing has literally cured cancer(oh yeah, gettin contravercial) and has an amazing success rate. You will not, however, see teenagers doing this stuff because it takes a lot of dedication to reach the more advanced levels(lol so far I can move a peice of paper whoo). People who see auras arguably see the energy around people which can tell you a lot about someone and the state that they are in. Uhh.... yeah think thats enough for now. I'm not afraid of "non-believers" nore will i "Shun the non-believers... shuuunnn..." so yeah.. Google it if you want but keep in mind theres a lot of bs out there too

sounds very interesting, definitely will check it out

=D awsome, Best of luck!

oddonion007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 03:39 AM

Dr. Emoto's Healing Books/CDs are awesome alsoflowerforyou

In all honesty I had never looked in2 him much b4. From my short google search(lol) they seem interesting-I'll have to do some more research. Holosyncing does too, though not much more than a meditation helper it seems to me. Thanks for the suggestions

oddonion007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 03:33 AM

What the Bleep? is The Secret on steroids. laugh The Secret is pretty shallow by comparison. It's cool and all, but it's targeted at the simple-minded masses, and barely scratches the surface...

Yeah, i'ts way too simple which is why I can't fully agree with it. It did reach a lot of people though and sort of looks the right direction... It just... Falls a bit short...

oddonion007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 03:27 AM

If you're into this kind of stuff, you should go buy the movie What the Bleep?. Get the Quantum edition, it has hours of extras in it. It's got mystics, college professors, physicists, psychics, channelers, all kinds of interesting people in it. It's very thought provoking and sheds a lot of light on all kinds of things. Check it out. You'll be glad you did.

Actually you're not the first one to suggest it. Thanks for reminding me, will do. http://youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc one of my favorite videos. Quantum physics also= awsome.

oddonion007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 03:24 AM
Darn, I'm sorry. Hm, I don't even know where to start on text... A breif summary is there is energy circulating both in and outside of you. When you get sick, there's a blockage or disruption of some sourt. Basically everything you have ever heard about kinesis is really(in my opinion) energy related. "qi follows yi" meaning the energy follows your intent so if you have ever read about "the secret" it finds some base here(I personally believe "the secret is about 80% right). Masters of energy manipulation can make fire dance, water boil or freeze, move objects and know if you are sick just before doctors can. Energy healing has literally cured cancer(oh yeah, gettin contravercial) and has an amazing success rate. You will not, however, see teenagers doing this stuff because it takes a lot of dedication to reach the more advanced levels(lol so far I can move a peice of paper whoo). People who see auras arguably see the energy around people which can tell you a lot about someone and the state that they are in. Uhh.... yeah think thats enough for now. I'm not afraid of "non-believers" nore will i "Shun the non-believers... shuuunnn..." so yeah.. Google it if you want but keep in mind theres a lot of bs out there too

oddonion007's photo
Wed 01/23/08 03:00 AM
Heya, couldn't quite put this under religion. I'm just seeing what you guys think an have to say about life energy.
Over the summer my life changed quite a bit after I was introduced to ki/chi/prana. For those of you who don't know what it is it's basically life energy inside everyone. It was actually scientifically found in like the 50's supposidly, looks/acts like a bluish liquid. Below are some links.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w86hDdUD03o&feature=related The psywheel

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T6UTGkC73GE Televised, one of the (many)ways energy can be used for healing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sw-aDENlHWA Qigong through a master

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PF8_RjyMmHs Martial arts, these guys aren't even all that special (relativly)but just bringing it closer to home.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RAAB0dbc3Es Long. Not sure what to think but this guy seems real and powerful.

I personally can do the psywheel(first vid) and have been able to teach some people how to do it. Only one person was able to do it on his first attempt(and even then it took a minute). What do you guys think?

oddonion007's photo
Tue 01/22/08 04:51 AM
My philosophy pretty much coinsides with yours. I believe in a "twin flame," or someone who resonates on the soul level with you. However, if you find yourself in a new relationship you should give it your all. No one deserves to suffer because the other person won't commit entirely to them. Personally I'd suggest reserving yourself physically for a while because that bonds you on a physical level but often times prolonges relationships that shouldn't be prolonged.
"The Secret" is 80% right. Your focus has a huge impact on your reality. Put it into what you want(otherwise it's "I don't WANT TO BE HURT, I don't WANT TO BE HURT). Otherwise breakdown pretty much nailed it

oddonion007's photo
Tue 01/22/08 04:31 AM
Edited by oddonion007 on Tue 01/22/08 04:33 AM
Heya, I admire that you were strong enough to come out and talk about something like this the way you did. It takes a lot. I was clinically depressed from like 2nd grade on. I was finially diagnosed and put on meds in like 7th grade because it got so bad. The meds helped, though if I forgot to take them, that pain was terrible. My dad ended up getting rid of my meds one night and the time I went through was bad, though I learned that every emotion has something to tell you. The meds helped me ignore my problem, as it were. The school social worker helped me learn to guide my thoughts and after talking about some things I was able to face other things myself. I learned to face myself. Then more recently I've discovered Ki/Chi/Prana. I've learned to manipulate it on the most basic of levels and that gives you energy and teaches you peace of mind. It's also opened up the doors on my beliefs. After a lot of thought, and all mentioned, I'm happier than I've ever been. I've gone through hell and had to deal with hell to get here but It's worth it. I don't know if that helps, but I truly believe there is hope for you and that when you are willing to go through hell to leave it, you will find what you deserve.

oddonion007's photo
Tue 01/22/08 04:15 AM

I also apologize for any critical comments I may have made earlier on this post

Right on, I personally forgive you. You're slightly off on no other prominent figure of a religion dying and comming back to life though. Gnostics, one of a few examples I know about, believe that one of the gods who lived in paradise came down to earth- which is a mockery of paradise- to show people how to live. Later there were Christian Gnostics which is why I mentioned this one in particular, the Gnostic Gospels are kind of interesting to read when you've got nothin to do.
Oh, and btw, nice post Mars, I'll have to pick up that book.

oddonion007's photo
Mon 01/21/08 11:17 PM
First off, I commend all the regular posters. I've never seen anything like this: relative calm, educated conversation with scary words like satanism, witch, Asatru, and Christian so close together! I've actually learned and re-learned a lot by reading all your posts.
Personally, since I think this room has gone beyond the literal definition of religion, I'm kind of a Pantheistic Christian... The best metaphor I have for my beliefs came from a Taoist though I've changed it alittle. Think of the truth as a pool of sourts or a lake. You cannot really transfer it from where it is to another person, you need a vessel (which I think of as words though religion or science work just as well). People tend to look at the vessel and think of it as the truth itself("bible- thumpers *cough*) and of corse once truth is taken from it's larger source it picks up dirt from said vessel or parts of the vessel soluvate(lol sorry no other word came to mind) and mix in with the truth.
I know... I'm still working on my beliefs... Figuring a little out every day =) though you guys have helped a lot, thanks!

oddonion007's photo
Sun 01/20/08 08:28 PM
My answer: You're wrong on both accounts. At least your mentality is. Truly once you begin putting your happiness outside of yourself, you cannot be filled with happiness. Once you begin telling yourself that you "need" your job because you "need" this or that(most of the time useless crap, not saying I never want lol) then your focus shifts to your job and you don't enjoy your time off because you loose sleep, allow your body to deteriorate and let a good most of your life(you spend a lot of time at work) slip by. In relationships if you become dependant on the other person for your happiness, then you destroy your relationship and usually other person in the process. If you want to be down and to suffer, that doesn't take much. To be happy takes a decision and energy (I was diagnosed as clinically depressed for a good most of my life so don't tell me it's impossible).
Simply put, if you are lucky enough to have a job, make the most out of it. Nothing's perfect but let it grow-you do not make a plant grow by pulling on it. If you are not in a relationship, allow yourself to grow. There is an AMAZING ammount to learn and I doubt that you are perfect(if you are my appologies) so you should worry about bettering youself for your love so you have all you can offer. If you are in a relationship, let it grow, like your job. Both are important and possibly life long commitments. Keep in mind "A rich person is not one who has most but one who needs least"
And no, I'm not a hippy!!!

oddonion007's photo
Sat 01/19/08 06:40 PM
Detour: Sagittarius sun, Leo Moon, Capricorn Ascendant, 3 planets in the 12th house and born in the Year of the Dragon. Checkmate.

2 Next