Community > Posts By > northrn_yanke

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 03:36 PM
^^^...congrats...not one insult towards the Jewish people in your post...miracles will never cease...laugh

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:58 PM
and here is the guy who actually wrote that somewhat biased article...I had trouble pasting it though cause it kept going to the far left side of the page....

Joe Conason is national correspondent for The New York Observer, where he writes a weekly column distributed by Creators Syndicate. He is also a columnist for Salon.com, and the Director of the Nation Institute Investigative Fund. His books Big Lies: The Right-Wing Propaganda Machine and How It Distorts the Truth, and The Hunting of the President: The Ten-Year Campaign to Destroy Bill and Hillary Clinton, with Gene Lyons, were both national bestsellers; his latest book, It Can Happen Here: Authoritarian Peril in the Age of Bush, was released in February 2007. His writing and reporting have appeared in many publications, including Harpers, The Guardian, The Nation, and The New Republic. He also appears frequently on television and radio (notably as a regular Friday guest on Air America’s The Al Franken Show). He lives with his wife in New York City.

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 02:52 PM
The Iraq War is Illegal

except in the real world where it really counts....laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 01:39 PM
Blix: Iraq War Was Illegal

and the results of Blix's opinion on the war??...can you say zilch?....laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

oh wait....I think he sold more books....but other than that...zilch....laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 01:36 PM
Just to cut and paste someone else's work without comment is pointless. Other then to display your lack of ability to form an original thought. To republish someone else's work off of a less then reputable site? Demonstrates that you are a follower, and a gullible one at that.

bigsmile

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 01:30 PM
Could Bush Be Prosecuted for War Crimes?

By Jan Frel, AlterNet. Posted July 10, 2006.

almost two years old but no charges yet huh?....laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 01:28 PM
oh that one about the doc ....

The judge maintained that the US and British forces were now there on the invitation of the Iraqi government

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 01:16 PM
for those who claim the war is illegal I would love to see your posts in here.....smokin

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 01:14 PM
Here is the listing of all cases since 2000 in the International Court of Justice which is the only court with jurisdiction over the matter.....if there any formal and legitimate allegation that the war was illegal it would be listed here....

* 2008 Proceedings instituted by Peru against Chile (Peru v. Chile)
More...

* 2006 Certain Questions of Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters (Djibouti v. France)
More...
* Pulp Mills on the River Uruguay (Argentina v. Uruguay)
More...
* Status vis-à-vis the Host State of a Diplomatic Envoy to the United Nations (Commonwealth of Dominica v. Switzerland)
More...

* 2005 Dispute regarding Navigational and Related Rights (Costa Rica v. Nicaragua)
More...

* 2004 Maritime Delimitation in the Black Sea (Romania v. Ukraine)
More...

* 2003 Sovereignty over Pedra Branca/Pulau Batu Puteh, Middle Rocks and South Ledge (Malaysia/Singapore)
More...
* Certain Criminal Proceedings in France (Republic of the Congo v. France)
More...
* Avena and Other Mexican Nationals (Mexico v. United States of America)
More...

* 2003 Legal Consequences of the Construction of a Wall in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
More...

* 2002 Application for Revision of the Judgment of 11 September 1992 in the Case concerning the Land, Island and Maritime Frontier Dispute (El Salvador/Honduras: Nicaragua intervening)(El Salvador v. Honduras)
More...
* Armed Activities on the Territory of the Congo (New Application : 2002) (Democratic Republic of the Congo v. Rwanda)
More...
* Frontier Dispute (Benin/Niger)
More...

* 2001 Territorial and Maritime Dispute (Nicaragua v. Colombia)
More...
* Certain Property (Liechtenstein v. Germany)
More...
* Application for Revision of the Judgment of 11 July 1996 in the Case concerning Application of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (Bosnia and Herzegovina v. Yugoslavia), Preliminary Objections (Yugoslavia v. Bosnia and Herzegovina)
More...

* 2000 Arrest Warrant of 11 April 2000 (Democratic Republic of the Congo v. Belgium)
More...

and here's a list of pending cases...nothing here either..

List of pending cases before the Court (order by date of introduction)

# 1. Gabčíkovo-Nagymaros Project (Hungary/Slovakia)
Read more...
# 2. Ahmadou Sadio Diallo (Republic of Guinea v. Democratic Republic of the Congo)
Read more...
# 3. Armed Activities on the Territory of the Congo (Democratic Republic of the Congo v. Uganda)
Read more...
# 4. Application of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (Croatia v. Serbia and Montenegro)
Read more...
# 5. Territorial and Maritime Dispute (Nicaragua v. Colombia)
Read more...
# 6. Certain Criminal Proceedings in France (Republic of the Congo v. France)
Read more...
# 7. Sovereignty over Pedra Branca/Pulau Batu Puteh, Middle Rocks and South Ledge (Malaysia/Singapore)
Read more...
# 8. Maritime Delimitation in the Black Sea (Romania v. Ukraine)
Read more...
# 9. Dispute regarding Navigational and Related Rights (Costa Rica v. Nicaragua)
Read more...
# 10. Pulp Mills on the River Uruguay (Argentina v. Uruguay)
Read more...
# 11. Certain Questions of Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters (Djibouti v. France)
Read more...
# 12. Proceedings instituted by Peru against Chile (Peru v. Chile)

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 01:10 PM
Edited by northrn_yanke on Thu 02/28/08 01:10 PM
The War on Iraq as Illegal and Illegitimate*

Iraq war illegal, says Annan

it's a lie, lie, lie

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 12:59 PM
Edited by northrn_yanke on Thu 02/28/08 01:00 PM
it was a lie, lie, lie

and who better than you to know what a lie is....laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 12:55 PM
here it goes with that illegal talk again....laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 12:24 PM
it appears those who falsely claim the war to be illegal has nothing to say to challenge these facts....but then how can one challenge facts like this...

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 12:18 PM
It is obvious to many that my truths are truths

and to many more that your lies are just lies....

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 10:00 AM

what I'm wondering about is who the native people stole the land from....noway

Just to answer your query there Northern Yanke....here in AUstralia, the Indigenous Australians are the original inhabitants, they have 40 000 plus years of history here...and are the purest race of original man...bigsmile

so the Australians stole it from the original inhabitants then because Australia itself did not exist until the continent called Sahul divided into what we now call Australia, New Guinea and Tasmania around 6,000 years ago..oh and as far as being the purist people the Aboriginal ancestors were thought to have come from Asia...

someones been researching their little fingers off........ show off. hahahahahahahaha

well it really quite easy...I don't know why more don't do that before they post.....and if you can't research something like way it is in Iraq it's nice to be able to rely on you and others who have personal knowledge of what it is really like....I don't know how you even put up with some who are so belligerent with you....drinker

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:51 AM

i have a child in school, she is doing well too... no thanks to the school system. if her mother and I hadnt sat down with her and retaught her what the school was mesing up she would be hurting right now and surely on her way to waiting tables(no offense to the waitresses out there).

schools should be held accountable! there are a lot of things wrong with them and if the no child left behind act has put a spot light on it and cause awareness to increase then so be it, we expect everything from the government and hold no one responsible for shotty work, its part of the reason for the decline. throwing good money after bad is irresposible and reckless.

a good part of the problem rests the education of teachers themselves. It is getting better now but teachers were the lowest level of educated people coming out of universities...

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:40 AM

what I'm wondering about is who the native people stole the land from....noway

Just to answer your query there Northern Yanke....here in AUstralia, the Indigenous Australians are the original inhabitants, they have 40 000 plus years of history here...and are the purest race of original man...bigsmile

so the Australians stole it from the original inhabitants then because Australia itself did not exist until the continent called Sahul divided into what we now call Australia, New Guinea and Tasmania around 6,000 years ago..oh and as far as being the purist people the Aboriginal ancestors were thought to have come from Asia...

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:22 AM
but realistically in a time when mommy and daddy arent around as much as they need to be, or families are sitting around a tv instead a table there are things not being done. Im for raising a child at home not at school, but WTF is so hard about throwing in a tree sentence comment about abstaining at the same time your trowing out condoms?

good point and it's time that parents be parents again...one way I taught no-sex education I taught to my sons was showing them the copies of checks for child support I paid their mom before they moved in with me...money sure has a way of swaying their minds...bigsmile

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:10 AM

Responsible ones are.

most responsible ones don't have kids who have kids.....

no photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:07 AM
I think parents who's teens have kids should be financially responsible for their kids having kids....