Community > Posts By > dirtymindedgeek

dirtymindedgeek's photo
Fri 06/22/12 07:49 PM

OMM! QT better be worth it. It's monstrous! lol

Looks pretty promising though. Hopefully it will be what I'm looking for.

Good luck sir and I knew there were geekier people than me out there.

+1 internets for having brain cells left.

dirtymindedgeek's photo
Thu 06/21/12 09:31 PM
No sense throwing learning curves at you unless there's a specific function you need supported.

Whatever your idea is - look for what it will require, do you need direct hardware access or can you virtualise it?

How much memory will you need to access? (32 bit vs. 64 bit coding)
I'm no software engineer but knowing where you want to head will give you the answer to your question.

Let that idea you can't share right now - pick the language you need to use.

Or if any will work... pick the one you have the least problem using.

cls
@echo off
echo make up your mind.
pause
cls
echo knock knock neo.
pause
cls
end

dirtymindedgeek's photo
Thu 06/21/12 09:09 PM

I already do that.

I'm looking for programming.

I want to eventually develop my own OS and programming language, but can't decide where to start.

Well 1st off you don't want to have to re-invent the wheel unless that wheel doesn't fit.
Someone may already be working on exactly what you want to do and combined effort usually produces greater results.

Picking a language and then learning it through and through only to find that it's no longer supported by hardware may be a kick in the teeth.

Have you considered assisting ubuntu's programming base?
Or do you already have a nitche use in mind?

dirtymindedgeek's photo
Thu 06/21/12 09:03 PM

AVG just sent me a message says that no spyware has been found. Is Avast better than AVG??

Avast is WAY better.

fix'd

also the thing that infected your comp is probably designed to bypass detection, there's some nasty ones going around.
If you have the time and skillset I'd backup your stuff and start from scratch to be certain, takes about 14 hours depending on your bandwidth and OS, and programs.

Been using my comp with just the free version of avast for about 3 years now without issues, but never forget to do ad / flash /script blockers on sites you don't trust - some of those banners ads look like notification from installed software, but really aren't.

I use IE for my banking, chrome for my p0rn and firefox (fully secured) whenever I go to more "interesting" sites.

dirtymindedgeek's photo
Thu 06/21/12 08:57 PM
May my level 75 ranger with his Epic 2.0 Weapon slay this thread with a single arrow.

dirtymindedgeek's photo
Thu 06/21/12 08:55 PM
Perl scripting, Linux administration & PHP seem to be popping up in my inbox all the time for jobs.

dirtymindedgeek's photo
Thu 06/21/12 08:53 PM
It's a compound word derived from 2 separate words referring to "male" and "has money in his pocket"

dirtymindedgeek's photo
Thu 06/21/12 08:51 PM
Edited by dirtymindedgeek on Thu 06/21/12 08:52 PM
Just time.
Travel, to the bar, park, find a seat, try to find someone to talk to that isn't already having a conversation...

I got a reply here in what 3 minutes?
- I can't even find my keys that fast.

And I'm traveling quite a bit lately.

I don't even want to go over walking into the wrong bar...

dirtymindedgeek's photo
Thu 06/21/12 08:48 PM
OP: I am beside myself, well done sir.

dirtymindedgeek's photo
Thu 06/21/12 08:44 PM
Edited by dirtymindedgeek on Thu 06/21/12 08:45 PM
Bars tend to attract alcoholics - not good women.

Do you hit bars for your needs?
I really don't drink, and the few bars I've been to don't strike me as comfortable or cost effective.

Met one person at the park, but I work too much now-a-days.

dirtymindedgeek's photo
Thu 06/21/12 08:33 PM
Edited by dirtymindedgeek on Thu 06/21/12 08:34 PM
HAHA- made ya click.

I'm new... here. And apparently this place is chock full of ads pointing to real date sites.

It's almost a clicking minefield.

Anyway I'm lookin probably for you, but not finding you - yet so I'm going to slowly branch out over as many sights as I can that actually work.

share your experiences?
I'd like to know what gets results in the shortest time period.
Not getting any younger.