Community > Posts By > SunnyMike

SunnyMike's photo
Wed 05/13/20 06:57 AM

Feel like I need a Chiropractor.

I'll be right over. I'm not a Chiropractor, but, hey, how hard could it be? Now, hold still, this won't hurt....me....A bit. :smile:

SunnyMike's photo
Wed 05/13/20 05:52 AM
Ah, to be in Sweden where the restaurants didn't close. Of course, it doesn't matter who can afford to go to them anyway. laugh laugh

Don't like fast food. Love cooking and baking and BBQing. Oh my.

SunnyMike's photo
Wed 05/13/20 03:38 AM
1. I feel sorry for Larsi666, I understand the frustration of not sleeping well.

2. I feel great after my lunchtime workout.

SunnyMike's photo
Wed 05/13/20 02:54 AM
+3 C

Snow mixed with rain, and windy, really windy.

SunnyMike's photo
Wed 05/13/20 12:12 AM

no way can I narrow it down to only 3.
healthy
honest
engaging
stable
well groomed
if he passes as all that, then there is an X factor that makes each of us want to spend time together

Healthy - Check
Honest - Check
Engaging - Check, check
Stable - Hm, I did say I was honest, so....
Well groomed - Check

4 out of 5 ain't bad. It ain't good, but it ain't bad. Possibly I can substitute financially stable for just generally stable???

SunnyMike's photo
Wed 05/13/20 12:08 AM
warm feet

SunnyMike's photo
Wed 05/13/20 12:07 AM
I'm looking to book a trip to Panama.

What? Corona what? Sorry, we don't acknowledge that exists in Sweden? Oh, that's a nice way to talk to a potential customer.

SunnyMike's photo
Wed 05/13/20 12:05 AM
Just realized "New Life" sounds like a cult.

Hi, Are you sad, lonely, depressed? Do you need a friend? Well we're from "New Life" and we can take the pain away. You'll never be alone again.

RUN!! RUN FAST, RUN FAR!!!!

laugh laugh

SunnyMike's photo
Wed 05/13/20 12:01 AM
Words for talking, speech for giving.

Yeah, this is going to go well.

SunnyMike's photo
Tue 05/12/20 10:43 PM

One has nothing to do with the other.

You can have sex with out love and love without sex.

Sex is a biological function, a hormonal need and can be nothing more than that. Love, in my opinion, is also biological, and can be strengthened through sex, but can also be strengthened through a myriad of other things. Often, we confuse infatuation with love. Infatuation never lasts. Infatuation is fleeting, but through closeness, which can include sex, it can grow into love.

SunnyMike, I like you more and more every time I see your posts. You "get it". Alas, two separate continents. Oh well.
Dating or relationship does not have to be about love, or sex. Consenting adults can make it about whatever they agree on. If their goals don't align, that's a recipe for disappointment.

SunnyMike;I totally agree with you, it's the old "being in love with being in love" trap that many fall into and yes it can grow into love but in my experience it's very rare and truly time consuming. At my age 63 1/2 btw I feel like do it now and if not when? Another Mike

Mike, I love how you add the 1/2 - shows you're still a kid at heart.

SunnyMike's photo
Tue 05/12/20 08:26 PM
A veggie version of S.O.S.

SunnyMike's photo
Tue 05/12/20 09:49 AM

What is love baby don't hurt me...I can't see those words without thinking of this songlaugh

laugh laugh

SunnyMike's photo
Tue 05/12/20 08:18 AM
Grading reports sad sad sad

SunnyMike's photo
Tue 05/12/20 04:36 AM
Sonnet 116 says it very well

Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments. Love is not love
which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark that looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark, whose worth’s unknown, although his height be taken. Love’s not time’s fool, though rosy lips and cheeks within his bending sickle’s compass come: Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, but bears it out even to the edge of doom. If this be error and upon me proved, I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

Love is sacrifice. Even as the object of your affection changes, your love does not. It does not wander towards every whim. It does not see age or infirmity. It does not demand love in return. It is not a social contract with clauses set forth that must be upheld, maintained or abided. It does not ask for, but instead gives. It is devotion to another's needs, even at the denial of your own. If it is not these things, it is not love.

SunnyMike's photo
Tue 05/12/20 03:17 AM
+9 C, Cloudy, with a high possibility of rain in the evening.

SunnyMike's photo
Tue 05/12/20 03:06 AM

Thinking I should have used the semi-sweet chips instead of the milk chocolate chips, makes more of a difference than I thought it would.

When in doubt it's always semi-sweet chips. Whether while baking, eating straight from the bag, or in an isolated corner while crying to.....Hm....TMI.

SunnyMike's photo
Tue 05/12/20 03:02 AM

It's not what women and men want, you have to choose among what is available if you want anything. When you want a steak sandwich at a hog dog stand, you get a tube steak or nothing!!

But then you go to another place... If you want steak and put up with a hot dog, you're settling. Plenty of 'restaurants' in town.
Also, when you want steak you wouldn't even stop at the hot dog stand...

OK, now I'm just hungry

SunnyMike's photo
Tue 05/12/20 12:33 AM
I'm wondering if people are interpreting this question differently.

Do I think it is possible to fall in love with someone via the internet?

No, I don't think that can happen. I think you can get infatuated with someone over the internet

Do I think you can meet someone via the internet that you could fall in love with once you are together?

Absolutely!! I've done that.

We met via the internet. We corresponded and talked on the phone for months becoming enamored (as in having a liking or admiration for each other). Once we met it grew into a deep a loving relationship.

SunnyMike's photo
Tue 05/12/20 12:00 AM
My favorite quotes about death come from the same person:

If even dying is to be made a social function, then, grant me the favor of sneaking out on tiptoe without disturbing the party.

and

Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment.

- Dag Hammarskjold, Second Secretary General of the UN

My take on this, is not to focus on things that are inevitable and you cannot change.

What makes loneliness an anguish is not that I have no one to share my burden, but this: I have only my own burden to bear.

-Dag Hammarskjold

We become fearful and depressed when we focus too much on ourselves and not enough on others.

SunnyMike's photo
Mon 05/11/20 11:17 PM
Life only demands from you the strength that you possess. Only one feat is possible; not to run away.

-Dag Hammarskjold

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25