Batman.

no photo
Sun 01/15/12 09:41 PM
One can start here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g6q6SWJaBQ

no photo
Sun 01/15/12 03:11 PM
Edited by Point_A_to_Point_ on Sun 01/15/12 03:22 PM
No flying machines? I can't say one way or the other seeing how I have no proof for or against... However the Nazis were to have taken ancient documents from a place in the middle east on air travel. I think Moore's law holds true but the material/knowledge they had surpassed their understanding/technology. There are scriptures in the bible as well as in paintings and Hindu texts that refer to flying machines. "There is nothing new under the sun" . As for crop circles those are man made. A laser to make them would be pointless in my opinion... Now to burn a design in sand,dirt, or rock would be a better application and more effective means of leaving a message.

flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 01/15/12 09:18 AM

Pst.

You should ask this under Movie topic, not Science.

I think it fits here... The movie really culminates both aspects of science and philosophy.
I was leaning more so to the 11th dimension. How would one know one plane of existence from another if there are only subtle changes? Astral travel? Also, what actually happens when one dies? Energy is neither created nor destroyed. However; ones consciousness isn't formed until brain development... I could go on. I was looking for a more in depth analysis by someone.

Your reply is appreciated though.

no photo
Sat 01/14/12 09:02 PM
Who can be someone else?
Even if you are "pretending" to be something else... that is part of you... get it?

What's wrong with just saying there's water in the glass?
Not half full, not half empty... Matter of fact there are a lot of bonds of 2parts Hydrogen to 1part Oxygen in that Silica based crystalline structure.

In the words of Bruce Lee

"Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend"

no photo
Sat 01/14/12 08:46 PM
What separates an invention from a discovery?

You know what... I think that is a double edge sword.
As "we" create, "we" destroy.
I'd like to see somethings that actually help the planet and give back rather than take... Moving on to a more "normal societal view point".

I'd say higher level math.

If that doesn't count I'd say Metallurgy (Tool/Die) & Chemistry as was mentioned before.
Without it you'd have nothing that you see today.

you*tube.com/watch?v=IpLWu5ruf2s

Also, electricity has been around forever... or at least as long as there has been an imbalance (lightning provides balance) after the creation of the firmament. What did the "Arc"(Ark)of the covenant do? Baghdad battery and the Egyptian light bulb pre-date Edison. China also predates Gutenberg for the "printing press".

I wonder what was lost in the library of Alexandria and what further was lost in the fire recently in Egypt...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/12/pictures/111220-egypt-cairo-protests-fire-scientific-complex-world-science/

Knowledge is power... and "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" Hosea 4:6

LOL someone's playing a game with everyone...

no photo
Sat 01/14/12 07:50 PM
How bad the world really is (that isn't to say there isn't good in it).

no photo
Sat 01/14/12 07:31 PM
Has anyone else seen this movie and if so what is your take?

no photo
Sat 01/14/12 07:10 PM
laugh

no photo
Sat 01/14/12 07:06 PM
Edited by Point_A_to_Point_ on Sat 01/14/12 07:07 PM
Early one morning a farmer and his dog went out to the stable.
The farmer had intentions on plowing a field with his Mule.
The Mule told the farmer "I ain't working today is Sunday"
In a split second a cloud of dust was formed trailing from the stable.
Half a mile down the road as the farmer was about to collapse from exhaustion he stops and looks at his dog.
The dog turns and says "That's the first time I heard a mule talk".
In a split second a cloud of dust was formed trailing from the dog.

no photo
Sat 01/14/12 06:23 PM
?