Community > Posts By > truthnhonesty

truthnhonesty's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:30 AM

So I'm new to this site and no really knows me on here, but I would really like guys' honest opinion about this subject matter. Guys, what do you think about a girl who is saving herself for marriage? Would you date someone like that and be willing to wait or would you get bored and find someone else instead? I'm really starting to wonder if I'm being unrealistic in my hopes...

Im not sure if you heard this one yet, but I did not wait until marrage and now I regret it.

I am a guy, and i would get with someone with this value in a heartbeat.

What i have found is a lot of women in my area lost their moral compass regarding sex.

Their relationships suffer, and eventually end. Im my most recent one, she was looking for something new 4 hours after we were just taking a few days off to think.

Like i said, i am a good man who would do just about anything to prove i was worthy, even wait until marrage if asked.

truthnhonesty's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:25 AM
Edited by truthnhonesty on Fri 12/14/07 02:25 AM

IF you think he's a good guy and worth keeping, TALK TO HIM and tell him what you need. Don't threaten him. Tell him that this is what you need in a relationship. How many of our problems could be easily solved if we would just have talked more to our ex's. But we're afraid of hurting them, or them being mad at us. Maybe the guy would say "look, that's just not me." Maybe he would say "Wow, that sounds hot!" Maybe "nice guys" like I used to be, just never learned how to truly act in front of a woman. You always hear how you're supposed to be nice. And when it doesn't work, you think you have to be nicer. That's not it though. And I'm glad I learned that.

Yes i would say, communication is vital to any relationship. I know that when a woman tells me how she wants is, I tend to cave. But if she doesnt, I'm the one laying down the parameters.

Without communication its going to eventually fail anyway, so if you see communication as the problem, and you cant fix it, tell him that you dont feel you can communicate.

truthnhonesty's photo
Fri 12/14/07 02:22 AM

I appreciate all the suggestions. You are all correct in so many ways. He is the second man I ever dated and I just didn't know how to do something like that. Got married, love at first sight. It is true. 28 years later he was killed in a car accident. I thought my life was over. My children encouraged me to start dating, which is a strong comfort. I don't to pick up any bad habits, because whatever I was doing, kept him wanting to come home at night to me. I saw the end of the rainbow and I want it again.

Thanks for all of your very well put responses. I will do the right thing and let him know that I really like him, but I am just not attracted the same way. How does that sound? No nice guy comment or lets be friends. Cat

Ok so i see something here... I am new to the thread and have been reading...

See do you still love your husband?

Because that may be why you dont feel this is going any futher. You already had the man of your dreams, so this guy is just whats left over. You could continue it, maybe you will fall further in love with him.

I dont know why women cant understand that the easiest way to break a guys heart is lead him on. If you dont feel the same way, put it like this:

"Can I tell you something? I like you a lot, but not in a dating way. I would really like to keep what we have growing as a friendship. I feel I could develop a long lasting trust with you, but im sorry im just not sexually attracted to you."

You can even include something like this:

"I have friends who would love a guy like you, and I would love to help you in your journey to find love, if you'll let me"

Basically what that is telling him is you want to be friends and want to help him find someone. He might interpret it as you pawning him off, so be careful. I have often wished that a girl wanting to break up with me would use that one because at least it would be easier than what they normally say.

Don't get me wrong, im no nice guy by any means, ok well maybe i am but im getting more away from that, because if a woman wanted a guy who was weak they would keep them. Women want a guy who i strong, who can protect them, go out into the world and make his stand.

To the nice guys in this thread, do this. Next time that woman says your too nice for her try being a little bit on the stronger side, and if you can get her to agree to being friends its a step back up the ladder.

truthnhonesty's photo
Fri 12/14/07 01:59 AM
Well if you want an honest opinion of someone who is well versed in relationships then the answer is:

Do you want it to work?

Relationships fail because one or both persons lose their faith in the relationship.
Not one person who has been the cause of a breakup can honestly say they wanted it to continue, but what many people dont realize too is that thoes "breakups" are something that can be prevented.

What do you want out of your relationship? Why did you fall for this person? What was the basis for the start of your relationship? Did you just settle for someone else, or are they really what you want?

If you want to ask if the relationship is worth salvaging, maybe you should ask why do you even need to ask if it is going to work. The mindset that it will fail, must be brewing, if that is the question.

I can tell you that if you have your heart set to it, it will work to a point, just make sure the other side of the relationship has the same mind set of it working.