Community > Posts By > wiley

wiley's photo
Mon 04/20/09 11:33 AM
I am not here. You did not see me. You can just go about your business. Move along.

wiley's photo
Mon 04/20/09 11:30 AM
I am not here. You didn't see me. Just go about your business. Move along.

wiley's photo
Thu 04/16/09 10:41 AM
Edited by wiley on Thu 04/16/09 10:42 AM

Start buying your guns before its too late!

surprised scared

Don't worry. Nobody has to buy any guns before it's too late. laugh :wink:

We will know if HR 45 gets passed. Even if you can't buy firearms at stores anymore the blackmarket will flourish even more. This is what happens. So there is no need for a panic. Fight to keep stupid, destructive, ignorant legislation our of the books the best you can, but there is no need to get violent, or scared. Even the democrats are telling their own party to leave the guns alone. So if all the repubs and a bunch of dems are trying to distance themselves, i'd say there is nothing to worry about...yet...bigsmile

They cant overturn the Supreme Court ruling from last summer driven!

Exactly. All the talk of banning guns is just that. Talk. They're more likely just to tax the hell out of ammo to make owning a gun less affordable for most people.

wiley's photo
Tue 04/14/09 10:33 AM
Edited by wiley on Tue 04/14/09 10:34 AM

I don't believe this is a partisan issue folks.

Oh it absolutely is. The "right" is reaping the rewards of enabling this bull**** legislation and now they're out of sorts because their side is no longer at the reigns. Poetic justice if you ask me.

This legislation should never have been allowed to go through to begin with. It was unconstitutional on its face. But hey, who ever thought the government would abuse its powers? Meh.

wiley's photo
Tue 04/14/09 09:13 AM
But...but... most right wingers are terrorists. Haven't you seen all their rhetoric about seceding from the union and armed rebellion against the Federal government?

wiley's photo
Fri 04/10/09 08:43 AM

Unfortunately it is a set of limitations and regulations not on the people, but the government.

A point that many do not understand. The Bill of Rights does not grant any rights. It only serves to keep the government from infringing upon those rights by limiting said government from doing so. And without people willing to actually stand up and enforce the constitution, as it was written, the document is virtually meaningless. The government is supposed to be accountable to the people, but when you have an overabundance of ignorance and apathy among the people who are supposed to hold government accountable, you get a government that holds no regard for the constitution or the people it is supposed to represent.

Gotta agree with Driven, first off, I was and still am totally anti-Bush, but only because he's a puppet of Globalism, same as Mr. Obama.

They all are. The thing is, most people don't seem to notice or care.

wiley's photo
Thu 04/09/09 09:21 PM
I bet they're still collecting stimulus money to boot.

wiley's photo
Thu 04/09/09 08:47 PM
Packin' heat?

wiley's photo
Thu 04/09/09 08:47 PM

Well... any job is a good job at this point in time. Just be glad you don't live in Cali, where the unemployment rate has just broken the 14% barrier recently. And it's even higher in L.A. County, too.

It's so bad, I'm getting these dolts calling me up for work in the movie business... it's bad enough when people in the film industry aren't working, but when people who've never worked in Hollywood are bugging you for work, then you've got problems. laugh

We're not that far behind. I think we're at about or just over 11% now.

wiley's photo
Thu 04/09/09 07:43 PM
I may have a lead on a Pharm Tech job in Oregon city starting in a couple of weeks. Got my fingers crossed. Would pay between 13-14/hour to start.

wiley's photo
Thu 04/09/09 07:43 PM
It's going ok I guess. Usual nonsense with unemployment again this week. I did work yesterday. Now I'm thinking that probably wasn't really worth it. laugh

wiley's photo
Thu 04/09/09 07:21 PM
((((princess)))) flowerforyou
((((fire)))) flowerforyou
moof drinker

wiley's photo
Thu 04/09/09 04:18 PM
Meh.

wiley's photo
Thu 04/09/09 11:06 AM
Just so you know...

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

wiley's photo
Thu 04/09/09 10:55 AM
Edited by wiley on Thu 04/09/09 10:56 AM

Unfortunately it is a set of limitations and regulations not on the people, but the government.

A point that many do not understand. The Bill of Rights does not grant any rights. It only serves to keep the government from infringing upon those rights by limiting said government from doing so. And without people willing to actually stand up and enforce the constitution, as it was written, the document is virtually meaningless. The government is supposed to be accountable to the people, but when you have an overabundance of ignorance and apathy among the people who are supposed to hold government accountable, you get a government that holds no regard for the constitution or the people it is supposed to represent.

wiley's photo
Wed 04/08/09 10:12 PM

Any premature death of a person who is not self-supportive would naturally be seen as less of a burden on society.
If there were a cure, something I could take once or for a short period of time to quit smoking, I would do it.
But, there's not as much money in a cure as there is in research.
Ex,; If they found a cure for AIDS, that would displace a lot of jobs and have more people living longer. Zero for the Pro, two for the Con.

how long has magic johnson been around

when was it reported he had aids

what is the life expectancy of an aids patient

draw your own conclusion on if there is a cure

It just depends on how much you have to spend.

wiley's photo
Wed 04/08/09 10:09 PM
Speaking from experience, if living with a friend doesn't kill the friendship entirely, it definitely puts a strain on it.

wiley's photo
Wed 04/08/09 10:08 PM
tired

wiley's photo
Wed 04/08/09 10:06 PM
Edited by wiley on Wed 04/08/09 10:07 PM
Family wouldn't be so bad if murder was legal. Still, there's the whole burden of proof thing to work with. laugh

wiley's photo
Wed 04/08/09 10:05 PM
Jail bait??? Where???? Oh wait.. that's not what you said. Never mind.