Community > Posts By > John8659

John8659's photo
Mon 01/02/12 10:09 AM
Edited by John8659 on Mon 01/02/12 10:19 AM
I still believe that facts are fundamentally different from platitudes, no matter how self-derogatory or flattering they may be.

The only thing I have ever had to offer a love, is an environment conducive to self-realization.

John8659's photo
Mon 01/02/12 09:45 AM
Edited by John8659 on Mon 01/02/12 09:47 AM
Now, a person who does not know what they are, what their purpose in life is, nor were they capable of knowing or of doing that work;

Would they be a fit companion? Fit for what? All they could do is pull one off life's true path, destroy one's work, waste not only their own life, but the lives of all they touch.

The importance of the question, cannot be overestimated, the answer is simply a life long path of seeking the light, and trying our best to walk in it. It is a metaphor for life itself.

John8659's photo
Mon 01/02/12 08:02 AM
Edited by John8659 on Mon 01/02/12 08:41 AM

I woke up this morning and had an epiphany.

I already AM perfect!

You must have had one hell of a night.

Each of the above systems determines what is moral and ethical, in regard to the self, and in regard to how one treats the environment.

A rock, on the other hand, makes a nice garden.

A rock never asks this, this very important question. How do I perfect myself. It is the first step, not the last, in self awareness.

Notice that each of the above systems works best when guided by judgment. If one wishes to be ruler of all, one must be servant of all. Not a very difficult concept at all. However, it does denote a radical psychological change in mankind. One that has been foretold. From being ego-centric, to being craft-centric.

As it has been written, it shall be done, for the good of mankind. I just think it is sad, at this point in history, when people think of improving themselves that they paint their face, color their hair, and cry when told they have a real job to do, a real life to get.

John8659's photo
Mon 01/02/12 07:50 AM
Edited by John8659 on Mon 01/02/12 08:30 AM
If I wanted to perfect a toaster, I would have to know what a toaster was suppose to do.

If I wanted to perfect a car, I would have to know what a car was suppose to do.

If I wanted to perfect a radio, I would have to know what a radio was suppose to do.

And if I wanted to perfect a rock, I would have to know what the rock was suppose to do.

Now, this brings up something interesting. A rock has no purpose, so, can it ever be perfected? One rock is just as good as another. One can say, all rocks are equal, as there is noting they have to do. Any purpose claimed for a rock is just as good as another. Judge not any rock.

Perfect for something. The drive for perfection may imply that there is a purpose in mind.

So, if one has not even the slightest idea of purpose, I imagine the question is pointless.

Now, take the case of a toaster. One could not even make one if one did not know what its purpose was to be.

Or a car,

So, if one imagines, for example, the self, could anyone be driven for self perfection if they had no idea of what the purpose of a person was?

Then there are various levels of awareness of what the purpose of a thing is for,

Take for example Kohlbergs stages of moral development.

Each stage of may be likened to a stage of self awareness, and the greater the awareness is, the change in focus as to why someone does something changes.

It is like being born with bad eyes, but slowly one works with them and things come into focus.

Now, every environmental acquisition system of a living organism has a purpose, to maintain and promote the life of that organism. Each has a specific domain of responsibility to maintaining and promoting the life of the body.

There are seven of these systems, a constant metaphor in Scripture, but Science has been happy with "sensations" and mostly does not take the big step.

There are seven of these systems in the organism of man, that I see.

1 The digestive system.
2 The respiratory system.
3 The ocular system.
4 The vestibular system.
5 The manipulative system.
6 The procreative system.
7 The judgmental system.

To be perfect, is both biologically, and scripturally the same. Learn judgment.

John8659's photo
Sun 01/01/12 06:13 PM
Edited by John8659 on Sun 01/01/12 06:20 PM
The Merry Minuet The Kingston Trio Words and Music by Sheldon Harnick -From their 1959 LP From the Hungry
They’re rioting in Africa (whistling)
They’re starving in Spain (whistling)
There’s hurricanes in Flo-ri-da (whistling)
And Texas needs rain
The whole world is festering with unhappy souls
The French hate the Germans,
the Germans hate the Poles
Italians hate Yugoslavs,
South Africans hate the Dutch AND

I DON’T LIKE ANYBODY VERY MUCH!!
But we can be tranquil and thankful and proud
For man’s been endowed with a mushroom-shaped cloud
And we know for certain that some lovely day
Someone will set the spark off
AND WE WILL ALL BE BLOWN AWAY!!
They’re rioting in Africa (whistling)
There’s strife in Iran
What nature doesn’t so to us
Will be done by our fellow *man*---<*man* is sung off-key>

Source: http://lyrics-a-plenty.com/m/merry_minuet.lyrics.php

These types of questions seem to half formulated concepts. Why not ask, does non-violence ever solve problems, when the truth of it is, the question is anthropomorphic.

Language is how we reason, how we solve problems. Now, we can formulate an equation for a rocket engine, and then say, they are violent things, but they get the job done.

What a situation requires is discovered by reason, the means found necessary is not the reason.

Sometimes the question really resolves to this,

are we responsible for our own actions?

John8659's photo
Sun 01/01/12 03:19 PM
Edited by John8659 on Sun 01/01/12 03:20 PM

They just look at my profile and move on. I was wondering, should I send an email just to see what they didn't find interesting? What do you guys think?

Do you ever return the look? read their profile? Perhaps there may be answers there.

John8659's photo
Sun 01/01/12 07:49 AM

drinker

I drinker dye my hair because I had the best role models- Grandparents and Parents that taught me:

The way you look is your business card!

Also,wear light foundation to my face-skin, mainly because I see the difference. I feel "gorgeous" with it; OK without it.

To enhance: brush abundant hair, curl my eyelashes; bit of color on my lips and walk with gratitude.
(People notice the last...it opens doors...people happy to see me again, and again).

Role models are not something we have, but something we choose. No one can choose that which they cannot see.

The greatest door anyone can open is not one of wood or steel, plastic or glass, but the soul.

John8659's photo
Sun 01/01/12 07:01 AM

I donno.

I just think that not putting even the slightest bit of effort into ones looks means that thier lover had better be prepared to settle for less.

But, it ain't a big problem.....go to wal-mart and take a good long look at how many people have settled for less.

Since I don't know anyone who is "Righteous"...I am gonna stick to my shallow ways and call a slob a slob.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and every blind man has his visions.

John8659's photo
Sun 01/01/12 06:37 AM
Edited by John8659 on Sun 01/01/12 06:57 AM

Occasionally I get drunk and let my best friend dye my hair or braid it. I shave....stuff. Spray on a little Hia Karate. Dress nice.

Personally, I have found, that the less you care about your appearance....the less you will be noticed. The less you are noticed,the fewer options you got when it comes to finding someone to be with. Most people are thier own worst enemy in the appearance department.

Looking good works....ask a peacock.

Then again....pigs, rats and dung beetles get laid too so, I could be wrong.

Gorgias, by Plato

Any one can enhance "appearance" but what about "reality" how many put as much effort into enhancing "reality".

A wise man once said, Judge not by appearance, but by righteous judgment.

Oh, lets "generalize that, you think I mean just Christ said it, how many in history have said it in various ways, and why? Were they all just misfits? Trolls of their time? Simply not wonderfully normal. Or not modern enough to have this wonderful understanding that it is appearance we strive for, but not reality. That the truth of things is just not flashy enough to catch our eye. We want flattery, we want deceit, we love the lie, The lie is the truth.

Well, I do spread my feathers, I do give realities. I am mind.

John8659's photo
Sun 01/01/12 06:20 AM
Edited by John8659 on Sun 01/01/12 06:35 AM

How many words do you know that is not a class word?

Or does every, or almost ever word you use stand for a class?

As as the word, so too language, I mean, standards are used as the coinage of construction. Standards determining a class, or as you say, generalizations?

"Cat" stands for every cat, a generalization.

"red" a generalization.

The one and the many, meaning the form and the material in a form. But no word used only one time in history, one moment and forgotten.

So, show me how to communicate without these generalizations.

More importantly, what have people like you ever contributed to the correctness of thought and expression, show me your work, feed my soul.

John8659's photo
Sat 12/31/11 10:29 PM
Edited by John8659 on Sat 12/31/11 10:31 PM
One of the things that I learned is to distinguish between emotion and reason.

We are given two elements to construct our behavior with, emotion, which is a material difference, and reason, which are shapes to apply to that reason. We construct a thing called our behavior.

Neither, in of itself, can do us any good. Reason without emotion does not drive us even to get out of bed. Emotion without reason, will simply drive us over a cliff.

John8659's photo
Sat 12/31/11 06:40 PM

I suppose it also makes a difference if one is fly fishing or trying to catch an angel.

In either case, I simply fasten and zip.

You mean angling. Or angle fishing. The seventeenth Archbishop of Canterury was a great fly fisher. All the altar boys can tell you all about it.

Or are you talking antler fishing. My auntie Eva, bless her soul, was after all the flies she could catch in her mouth. She, bless her soul, was a toad by birth. She had so wanted to become a cougar... but a toad can't change its colours.

And that brings us right back to make-up. Damn.

John8659's photo
Sat 12/31/11 06:22 PM

That is normal for people who confuse their body with themselves. Or for those, who like a Venus fly-trap, try to entice their prey.

I simply bathe twice a year.

One can always tell what a hunter hunts, by the bait they use.

I think you are saying something. I confuse my body with the soul of Claudia Cardinale, and my fly (zipper) for the Vegus star formation.

Hunters don't use bait, btw. Minor detail, I know, but I wanted to let you know, coz this is the sort of thing that has the potential to have you gain or be denied entry through the pearly gates. Any spiritual belief-system is full of traps. Just sayin'.

I suppose it also makes a difference if one is fly fishing or trying to catch an angel.

In either case, I simply fasten and zip.

John8659's photo
Sat 12/31/11 05:59 PM
Edited by John8659 on Sat 12/31/11 06:01 PM

Dye your hair? Wear makeup? or do anything to "enhance" your looks?

That is normal for people who confuse their body with themselves. Or for those, who like a Venus fly-trap, try to entice their prey.

ewwwwww!

Okay, so I lied, twice a year, if it rains pretty hard.

At such times, the locals cannot figure out if they should thank me or arrest me.

John8659's photo
Sat 12/31/11 05:30 PM

Why thank you.

You are thanking the wrong person, thank your parents.

John8659's photo
Sat 12/31/11 05:28 PM
Yours certainly do.

John8659's photo
Sat 12/31/11 05:19 PM
Edited by John8659 on Sat 12/31/11 05:19 PM
I have never even dated a woman who wore make-up. I am allergic to aromatic hydrocarbons. Most people get high off of them, I get dysphoria. My blood pressure starts to invert, well, not good.

I broke protocol once, and that was today. But it was not the make-up, but the eyes.

John8659's photo
Sat 12/31/11 05:01 PM

And you're still single??? I don't get it.

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
thats what I am doing wrong..I bathe every day. Who knew?
That must be why my fly trap is empty .

You must be hard on those plants!

John8659's photo
Sat 12/31/11 04:55 PM

And you're still single??? I don't get it.

Lucky you.

John8659's photo
Sat 12/31/11 04:52 PM
Edited by John8659 on Sat 12/31/11 04:53 PM

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 14 15