Community > Posts By > rdglady

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 05:32 PM

this morning i found out that yesterday one of my friends passed away from cystic fibrosis. He had a lung transplant a year ago and was doing great, but things recently spiraled downhill.

I just wanted to post this to initiate some awareness for cystic fibrosis. Also to let everyone out there acknowledge those who have touched their hearts with this disease, or even let those out there who may have this disease be honored.

r.i.p. alex. you will be missed SO much.
:heart: :heart: :heart:

I haven't heard the name "Cystic Fibrosis" in many years. My younger sister died at the age of nine when life expantacy was only 7, that was 40 years ago. She held on for a long time. I still miss her, and always will.

I am sorry for your loss ~ tc

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 04:49 PM

That would be nice! :smile:

We are all but HUMAN,,and if anyone said YES to this ...
THEY would be lying, because of THAT FACT,,,human...
and someone's looks,,,,,,,IS AN IMPACT of SOME NATURE to the other one...so even a blind person would WANT to touch your face before giving you their life as a mate...

Thats my REAL THOUGHTS on YOUR question.
But ANYONE and EVRYONE might say THEY CAN,,,,,but,,:cry: :heart:

AMEN to that!

Men for the most part are automatically "attracted" by SIGHT. Thats just how we are made..period. Not saying we do not care about someone based on looks, or to say that we "judge" someone on thier looks would be also totally wrong.

Even most women are FIRST attracted by sight as well. Women are much easier swayed to personality, character, heart and those overcome the "looks" factor.

But even women have looks factors into it. Men I already know the real answer to, so I will ask the women a simple question..and be honest with yourself.

You find a man with all the qualities you want...caring, faithful, great humor, intelligent, romantic, etc...and you find TWO with the EXACT same traits...now one is me and one is Brad Pitt..who would you choose?

SEE! I'm finished! :tongue: :tongue: laugh

Duh... I would pick you of course!! Brad is married silly. blushing

btw - you are very handsome!

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 04:29 PM

OK, that didn't take long! Guess I just found love on the internet :tongue: All kidding aside, thanks for the compliment, and yes I need to get a better picture but that is all I have now, and I do have "Good sense of humor, intelligence, act together, etc.?" Know any single men? drinker

You are going to find plenty of single men on here, rdglady. Hey, I'm only 200 miles from you. flowerforyou

Seriously, though, don't be afraid to show your face. I've seen some profiles with pictures that were blurring, pixelated, glam shots, etc and some with no pictures. Why be scared of that? Some will find you attractive, some won't. No biggie. Some of these dating sites have an option to rate your pic. Just turn that option off. That's what I did.

and your single because?....... Hey is that a wolf dog? He is really cool. (is cool a "cool" word to use these days?)

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 04:18 PM

Greetings fellow northern Californian flowerforyou

Hi there, you don't say where your from? Near Redding?

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 04:15 PM

I am just wondering... I turned 50 this year and for this first time in my life I am questioning my ability to actually find a life-long partner. Can someone give me a clue as to what age group I still have a chance with and how men respond to a woman over 50?

Based on the one pic of your face, you could easily go late 20's early 30's if you wanted. You aged very well. One suggestion, show your eyes in your pic. Guys (as well as women) love eyes.

When I was 25 I started dating a 41 year old. Another guy on here mentioned the woman's kid not liking it. That is very true. Seeing as you have no children, this shouldn't be a problem with you.

It really depends on what you are attracted to. Do you find younger guys turn you on or do you prefer someone your own age or older? My ex g/f felt more alive dating a younger man. Perhaps you feel the same way.

You are definitely attractive but what else do you have? Good sense of humor, intelligence, act together, etc.?

Find out what you want rather than what others want. Don't ever try and change yourself just to attract others. Polish that diamond that you are and shine, baby, shine!

OK, that didn't take long! Guess I just found love on the internet :tongue: All kidding aside, thanks for the compliment, and yes I need to get a better picture but that is all I have now, and I do have "Good sense of humor, intelligence, act together, etc.?" Know any single men? drinker

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 04:09 PM

truth hurts sometimes...mad at me?...your choice...but at least you posted a picture....& not sucking up...just telling you my honest opinion....

Ha, no worries, one of my biggest problems is seeing life on the light side, I tend to joke around at the wrong times.

Still mad ~ tc flowerforyou

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 04:04 PM
I am at the end of a 5 month long LDR and my heart is heavy. I fell head over heels for this guy but at the same time I am so lonley. It takes constant communication to keep the flame going when you don't get to see each other. It is emotionally exhausting and stressful and the end is disappointing at best.

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 03:56 PM

ah, I see you added a picture...now people will have a better idea of who they are meeting....Happy Birthday to you...I'm Sure now you'll get more responses....and not just from the over 60 crowd...

And LLH...looks do matter as i've already explained...& as you expressed in your email to me...true?

I am still mad at you so don't try to suck up. :cry: :tongue:

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 03:50 PM

I am just wondering... I turned 50 this year and for this first time in my life I am questioning my ability to actually find a life-long partner. Can someone give me a clue as to what age group I still have a chance with and how men respond to a woman over 50?

Redding Lady,

I peeked:wink:

Your ability is not a question. The guy of your choice is just unknown yet.

I can't offer an opinion about an specific age group, but think and feel that recognizing favorite values, moral judgements and lifestyles would provide a great backdrop to a search for a long term relationship.

Then there's that chemical click thingee that blows everything else outa the water.laugh :tongue:

Have fun exploring the possibilities!!

smokin drinker bigsmile

Your comment has great wisdom and advice. Thanks for taking the time. And yes, the chemistry thing is the true test. flowerforyou

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 03:45 PM

good suggestion klc...feel the same

rdg...don't take my over 60 comment personally...i bet you are a nice person & with a picture you will get more responses....

I have found even the ugliest people can make themselves look better....we all have our ugly days....so just be who you are, its probably gonna be fine....

OK, so here is a picture. Please do not give me your opinion. I have a weak heart right now.

You look great girl!! Date anyone you want!

Thanks, and coming from a very beautiful women. Your compliment is appreciated. :smile:

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 03:42 PM

I almost forgot
happy birthday!!

flowerforyou

Why thank you. I went for a hike on my birthday, came home had some wine and dinner and kissed my horse on the cheek. It was a really wild time. :tongue:

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 03:38 PM

youre gorgeous girl!
welcome to the game
oops sorry i commented

Thank for the compliment flowerforyou

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 03:32 PM

good suggestion klc...feel the same

rdg...don't take my over 60 comment personally...i bet you are a nice person & with a picture you will get more responses....

I have found even the ugliest people can make themselves look better....we all have our ugly days....so just be who you are, its probably gonna be fine....

OK, so here is a picture. Please do not give me your opinion. I have a weak heart right now.

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 03:28 PM

Hi all, just joined today and I have been enjoying the chat rooms. Looks like a great site to hopefully meet Mr. right or at least some new friends.

No picture right now, but I will try to get one - sorry.

OK, so here is a pic

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 03:17 PM

to generalise, men are really visual.

so this is true about the pic problem.

its not about pretty, its about visualising who they are talkin to. ok its prolly a little about pretty.

not to say that women dont need a pic too, its just not as important to as many of them.

OK, I know you are right, and I thank you for the advise. I just hate the thought of everyone seeing my picture and doing what ever they want with it. I really prefer to send it to those I want to see it. However, maybe it is time for me to get real and post a pic. I will work on it, thanks again.

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 03:12 PM
Hi all, just joined today and I have been enjoying the chat rooms. Looks like a great site to hopefully meet Mr. right or at least some new friends.

No picture right now, but I will try to get one - sorry.

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 02:39 PM

based on your picture I would say you should look at the 60+ crowd

BlueskyJ:

Ouch, that was mean. I don't even have a picture posted.

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 02:28 PM

I don't know if its a me thing or what?
But it seems like the women I have met who are older than me.
Have less energy than me and less sex drive?

And SOME women I've met who are 40, LOOK 55 ??
Women who have tanned alot when younger, NOW im sure regret that
Because the sun will make the aging process more dramatic.
:heart: flowerforyou drinker :wink: smokin

I think I could still find an older lady my cup of life.
IF SHE was of my energy, and all the rest of GREAT...lol

I find the same problem with men older than me having less energy and enthusiasm. Let me ask, since you are 50, how do you feel about dating women who are 50?

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 02:25 PM

I am really liking older women for their maturity. When there about 80 and 90 I find they are a lot more laid back and easier to talk to.

Oh come on, I am really trying to figure out this dating over 50 stuff. May I ask you... Since you are 50ish, how do you feel about dating women your own age?

rdglady's photo
Sun 12/09/07 02:16 PM

I could care less that I'm over 50 .. I've dated younger guys exclusively for almost 4 years and I think it's great :tongue:

Yahoo... What age group do you find are most interested? I am just now finding that younger men are very attractive to me, that had not been the case in the past.

Previous 1