Community > Posts By > Cosmic Charlie

no photo
Sat 04/18/20 11:33 AM

I'm thinking that I don't fit in with people in the forums.

Nonsence Cat :-) your right on.

I wish I could do my thing without upsetting people sometimes.

And be as likable as you. :-)

no photo
Sat 04/18/20 08:30 AM
Edited by Cosmic Charlie on Sat 04/18/20 08:31 AM
Interesting article. I think the fact that online you are cut off from body language, eye contact and unspoken cues, tone of voice etc. We are left with text.
the word friend for example, depending on the tone of voice, can be easily used in a haughty almost derogatory sense, you can't tell with text alone for sure.

so the degree of ambiguity in a text and the potential for misunderstanding is magnified by the lack of proximity. It's kind of hard going.

imagine..." I didn't mean it that way"

"yea but that's what you wrote"

And so it goes... misunderstandings / arguments, are the worst part of a relationship. on the pluss side if two people can communicate well in this time consuming, handicapped fashion, then thats a good sign. in my view.
It's just hard....

especially if it takes you 20 mins to type your piece.

no photo
Sat 04/18/20 07:22 AM
Edited by Cosmic Charlie on Sat 04/18/20 07:26 AM

I got my new router today and a DVD of "The Whisperer in the Dark" by and from the H.P. Lovecraft Society. A bit expensive ( US Dollars 20.99 for the DVD, 15.03 for shipping then the equivalent of another US D 16 for customs duty and handling, so just over USD 51 altogether.

Are you talking about an H.P Lovecraft audio book? there's loads on youtube Seamus. including that one.

love this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqIxCqayQok

or this one.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CZZo_y3TB8

O.T. A thread

no photo
Sat 04/18/20 06:56 AM
Probably cheaper in the long run , if you had some plastic surgery m8.
Have a mangina fitted, you wouldn't be without then. think of the savings lol

no photo
Fri 04/17/20 07:46 AM

We all know that men who has money will build a woman who has absolutely nothing but would you women build a man in the same position if you had money?????
Your most honest opinion.

Not really true m8. I personally know of several women whose men, did nothing but drink them selves silly and left these women with depts. It is a common thing..... mostly women take better care of thier money, than men..mostly.

when I was a teenager the man who came to live with my mum, took to drink/drugs and finally abuse. I ended up clobbering him and he left us with £ 36,000 in dept.
It's a familiar story to many... It happens with both sexes.

no photo
Fri 04/17/20 07:15 AM

don't forget to use plenty of pedal steel solos

Absolutely, and of course this is just the refrain, stills need some verses. :smile:

Recon it will be a hit m8 :smile:

no photo
Fri 04/17/20 07:02 AM
Smart woman. articulate, comfortable in herself. :-)

no photo
Wed 04/15/20 05:24 AM

Dear God bless this ol world,
You have the last word with this Covid 19, I lost a friend to that virus, (One day at a time),I'm having a tuff time no huggs from friends or family I miss people it's a scary situation I feel alone
like never before,take care be well Coldersky :thinking::disappointed_relieved:

((( hugs ))) You're not alone Coldersky. Better days will come. And bless you. :-)

no photo
Wed 04/15/20 05:09 AM
I have an image of my love of 30 years past

It's not in any photo album

That the memory lasts.

no photo
Tue 04/14/20 01:25 PM
mmm. When you feel someone else is as or more value than self?

no photo
Tue 04/14/20 01:11 PM
A re-evaluation of values?

no photo
Tue 04/14/20 10:57 AM

Fed up , sad , missing my children , frustrated

This missing my bigs praying they are being careful

Same. one of mine lives in a city that is suffering a bit. Scary....

no photo
Tue 04/14/20 08:19 AM
Interesting techniques, sounding with the chord fingers. The bow is novel. the second one is amazing. Sh 1 t hot. nice.

no photo
Tue 04/14/20 07:40 AM
Tv? The idiots lantern...

no photo
Tue 04/14/20 06:44 AM
Enough people like to believe in it, and allow it, rightly or wrongly, to influence their decisions, that it is a real factor in life.
As for being true or not. personally I think it is pretence at knowing the future. And lacks any real substance in its self.
no one knows the future. It's just playing. Fantasy, utter nonsence. Bolderdash, piffle. Like 99% of everything else people like to believe in. Without any empirical evidence. for example mine for today says. "you will have extraordinary success with technology today" well I'm doing the garden today. am i supposed to see a garden fork as technology? And believe the time of my birth predicted it?

utter nonsence. every time...Believe what you want.

no photo
Tue 04/14/20 04:33 AM
Basicly, If anyone is remotely interestesd :smile:

no photo
Mon 04/13/20 08:03 AM
I've 2 near death experiences, it wasn't fear of dying I felt. but concern for family and friends being told. death is probably nothing. And if it isn't, then I wont have this problematical carcus to fuss over anymore. Pesky thing...

no photo
Sun 04/12/20 11:27 AM

"Hope is an optimistic state of mind that is based on an expectation of positive outcomes with respect to events and circumstances in one's life or the world at large."

As a verb, it's definitions include: "expect with confidence" and "to cherish a desire with anticipation."

So a long distance relationship is going to require a huge dose of HOPE.. and an optimism that can conquer the many moments of dejection, and despair. The confidence of the parties involved will be severely challenged.. No doubt about that..

If you come across a soul who speaks to you, moves you, and has opened up a desire to meet this person.. just like any difficult task in life.. you would need to get your self in order. Yes, you have to use your head.. but that doesn't mean you rationalize yourself to death over a decision. You have to counter with your heart..

There will always be doubt, and then you overcome.. there will the "I want this NOW" feelings.. and the world will create many obstacles.. and you overcome again.

It is each involved person's responsibility to tackle those obstacles so that they may come together at the middle ground.

It is not fair for one of the two, to make the situation turn successful.. it is a joint effort.. the whole way.

That meeting of the mind and heart is essential before taking the road of the long distance relationship together.. it is a hard travel.. and some may not be up for the challenges that will arise.

That being said.. most everyone knows themselves.. are you that person? Or are you not? If you are.. it will most likely work out if the other person is as like minded as your self.

If you are not that person.. and you feel you cannot overcome the despairs, the loneliness, the impatience for the amount of time it takes to make the goals a reality.. you have a strong chance of it not being successful.

Myself.. for some dumb reason, have either been cursed or blessed with a strong heart, and yet still a mind for overcoming most obstacles. So I still believe..

May everyone be successful at whatever path they find themselves going down...flowerforyou

Beautifully said cityblues, and thank you. That's pretty much what I was trying to say, only it came out different. I guess I've been cursed or blessed as well, I still believe also and have that strong heart and will to over come obstacles. Perhaps some day I'll find someone who does the same.

I wish you success as well. flowerforyou

That will happen the moment you feel ready and worthy of that. And if you then happen to meet someone online who lives a little further away -which can also be a few hours- you will feel whether or not it is right. But only when you are ready for 'higher' love if you catch my drift as then you are can also attract a partner who's at that level.
I know that as I've been there myself. What you then feel and experience is totally different from an 'average' connection and you will both just know and feel it.
All people that show up on your path are reflections of your own inner world. So use that knowledge to your advantage to see where you still need to work on Self.
You will be ready for a deeper/higher connection when you reach the point you are not really wanting or needing a relationship anymore. When you are truly entirely fulfilled on your own.

**I'm using quotation marks to make clear I mean no judgement with the words higher and average. It's neutral and factual, not right or wrong either way.

Thanks Crystal, that makes sense. And I agree, each experience we have when people show up in our lives can be used to our advantage, to learn and grow from within.

so it's mostly for the betterment of self with woman. a little deeper and it would be shallow. women are superficial transparent creatures. hi hi

no photo
Sun 04/12/20 10:31 AM
cold hearted :-)

no photo
Sun 04/12/20 10:20 AM

haircuts and shaving is optional for now? unless you have a zoom call

Shaved my head and stopped shaving my face

lol you going to change yourname? To Freebeard :-)?

I'm letting a beard grow as well. cut my hair with nail scissors' last night. Really good job too..

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25