Community > Posts By > apasserby

apasserby's photo
Wed 06/18/08 04:22 AM
June 18, 2008
Pisces (2/19-3/20)
Handing control over to someone else, today, might not be an easy thing for you to do, but it will be an awful lot easier than trying to hold onto that control. Right now, if you want to reduce the amount of stress in your life, you have to step away from the power position, at least for a while. Hand things over to someone you trust and have confidence in this person's ability to take care of things -- and look out for your interests. Give them a chance to shine while you give yourself a break.

apasserby's photo
Tue 06/17/08 01:44 PM
From a 1950's high school home economics textbook, teaching girls how to prepare for married life.

1. Have dinner ready: Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal on time.

This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him, and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospects of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.

2. Prepare yourself: Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking.
He has just been with a lot of work- weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.

3. Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives, gathering up school books, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables.
Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift, too.

4. Prepare the children: Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces if they are small, comb their hair, and if necessary, change their clothes.
They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.

5. Minimize the noise: At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of washer, dryer, dishwasher or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet.
Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad to see him.

6. Things to avoid: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complain if he's late for dinner.
Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day.

7. Make him comfortable: Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes.
Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.

8. Listen to him: You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.

9. Make the evening his: Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment; instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.

10. The goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where your husband can relax

apasserby's photo
Tue 06/17/08 01:29 PM
lol naa just do hvac and putting self through college so im gone from 6 am till 11 pm

apasserby's photo
Tue 06/17/08 01:28 PM
sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me. so throw me down tie me down and show me how much you like me

apasserby's photo
Tue 06/17/08 01:27 PM
how the hell do people enjoy life when you have to work so hard in maintaining it??

apasserby's photo
Mon 06/16/08 09:30 PM
sleep

apasserby's photo
Mon 06/16/08 09:11 PM

fallen for a psycho? That sucks.

Still, a beautiful poem. flowerforyou

thats just my luck they the only ones i seem to attract.

apasserby's photo
Mon 06/16/08 09:07 PM
maybe if she did try to kill me.

apasserby's photo
Mon 06/16/08 09:03 PM
Fallen Stupid

as i look around in the darkness i live in
i hear your voice so beautiful to me
'cause i've fallen
fallen so far past the edge
fallen so far for you
down to a depth of new feelings
i don't know what to do without you
so many memories of conversations
and of such a pretty face
'cause i've fallen
fallen so far past the edge
so i think i talk i wish
of how we will be together hopefully forever
you mine and i yours in our perfect world
'cause i've fallen
fallen so far for you
this tells you everything i feel for you
i was speechless the day you came into my life
'cause i've fallen
fallen so stupid for you

Chase Adam Corbin

apasserby's photo
Mon 06/16/08 08:36 PM
say the past is behind you. and only judge for what they do while with you. cant really change the past.

apasserby's photo
Mon 06/16/08 08:34 PM
only myself but dont think that counts

apasserby's photo
Mon 06/16/08 08:31 PM
so mickey and minnie are gettin a divorce. the judge goes up to mickey and says i dont see why your leaving her i dont think shes crazy. mickey says i didnt say she was crazy i said she was ****ing goofey

apasserby's photo
Mon 06/16/08 08:08 PM
In the year 2008, the Lord came unto Noah, who was now living in the United States , and said, 'Once again, the earth has become wicked and over-populated, and I see the end of all flesh before me.
Build another Ark and save 2 of every living thing along with a few good humans'
He gave Noah the blueprints, saying, 'You have 6 months to build the Ark before I will start the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights.'
Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard - but saw 'NO' Ark.
'Noah!' He roared, 'I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark ?'
'Forgive me, Lord,' begged Noah, 'but things have changed. I needed a building permit. I've been arguing with the inspector about the need for a sprinkler system. My neighbors claim that I've violated the neighborhood zoning laws by building the Ark in my yard and exceeding the height limitations. We had to go
to the Development Appeal Board for a decision.
Then the Department of Transportation demanded a bond be posted for the future costs of moving power lines and other overhead obstructions, to clear the passage for the Ark 's move to the sea. I told them that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear nothing of it.
Getting the wood was another problem. There's a ban on cutting local trees in order to save the spotted owl. I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls - but no go!
When I started gathering the animals, an animal rights group sued me.
They insisted that I was confining wild animals against their will. They argued the accommodation was too restrictive, and it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space.
Then the EPA ruled that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact study on your proposed flood. I'm still trying to resolve a
complaint with the Human Rights Commission on how many minorities I'm supposed to hire for my building crew.
Immigration and Naturalization are checking the green-card status of most of the people who want to work.
The trades unions say I can't use my sons. They insist I have t o hire only Union workers with Ark-building experience.
To make matters worse, the IRS seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species.
So, forgive me, Lord, but it would take at least 10 years for me to finish this Ark. '
Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow stretched across the sky. Noah looked up in wonder and asked, 'You mean you're not going to destroy the world?'
'No,' said the Lord. 'The government beat me to it.'

apasserby's photo
Sun 06/15/08 12:56 PM
BI?? dude pick one already no wonder you like 16 and 17 year olds you share the same intellect.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next