Community > Posts By > CanonShooter

CanonShooter's photo
Tue 12/13/11 11:18 PM
A beautiful and well written poem. Well done! waving

When I saw the title I thought it would be about the NILMDTS foundation, which I hope to become a part of much later on if things pan out.

I don't know if I can post a link, but you can search Google for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep foundation for more information.

CanonShooter's photo
Tue 12/13/11 11:13 PM
Oh boy, a post about religion at an "un-Godly" hour of the night. *rimshot please*

My take on religion is very simple: We're all guessing. There, I said it.

Many of the religions that exist (or so far that I'm aware of) are based around trying to discover how we came to exist on the planet. And because humans are...well, humans, we all have different opinions and that leads to some interesting theories as to how everything we know of and don't know of came to be. This is where the word "Faith" comes in. Allow me to take the definition from Merriam Websters:

Merriam Webster defines "Faith (noun)" with definition 2b as:

firm belief for something in which there is no proof (2) complete trust).

That definition pretty much sums up all forms of religion on the different ideas of how we got here. And as several posters in this thread have said, religion is often blamed for when people who are fanatics do things that put others in harms way simply because they believe that what they believe is right, and they believe it with every fiber of their being. I like to call these people psychopaths, because that is what they are; they have absolutely no conscience. Instead of blaming the religion, or even blaming the individual(s) who carried out the acts that put others in harms way (or worse) simply know that it takes someone who is mentally unstable to do something of that nature.

That's the end of my post as I'll not get into the much more controversial modern religious happenings.

CanonShooter's photo
Tue 12/13/11 10:55 PM
When I read the title of the thread, I was worried that the OP and some of the people in this train wreck thought that women calling themselves b**ches and thinking that they are such was a good thing.

Glad to see that it's more or less a running joke on the forums, and that my first impression was wrong.

CanonShooter's photo
Tue 12/13/11 07:40 PM
Let me preface this by saying that my medication has my head in a thick fog, and organizing my thoughts is rather challenging. You have been warned.

My thoughts? Yes and no. Long winded explanation on my thoughts below.

Nice guys finish last quite often, but not always. I say this because the culture that permeates nearly every level of the US when it comes to relationships tends to focus on physical connections rather than emotional and even spiritual connections. In my mind, the emotional connection should come before the physical connection. If you and your partner are not compatible in terms of "the rhythm that your hearts beat to", then it's a good probability that the relationship may not last as long if this were not the case. We've gotten ourselves into a
"live for today and don't worry about tomorrow" mentality, and it's the ones who plan ahead who are "missing out".

I lost my train of thought somewhere along the line here, and I thought it got switched to a siding. I'll post more if I can remember what I was going to say after this....slaphead frustrated

CanonShooter's photo
Tue 12/13/11 07:23 PM

My idea of the perfect first date?

Expenses (where applicable):

It's my unwritten rule (this is how I was raised) that the man pays for everything on the date, unless it is stated and agreed to otherwise (i.e. she tells me that she doesn't feel comfortable about not contributing).

Somewhere public where we both feel comfortable, as well as being relatively quiet so that the two of us can talk. A coffee shop or book store (or a book store with a coffee shop in it) would be ideal.

Topics of Discussion:

I'm fairly certain that this one is a fairly common one, and it's pretty much everything and anything that both I and my date feel comfortable discussing, except for controversial or heated issues (politics, abortion, that kind of thing.

And that's my idea of a perfect date. And I'm new to the forum area of the site, though I joined the actual main site awhile ago. :smile:

its nice to know what a man really wants for a change. And advocates it too. Nothing more attractive. Just be H O N E S T.

Thank you. I guess the best classification for my line of thinking is "Old School". Of course...that doesn't work in every area of life (the current cultural atmosphere in the US doesn't help), but this seems to be an exception.

CanonShooter's photo
Tue 12/13/11 07:16 PM
I recently had a SPECT imaging scan done of my brain, which revealed what I and my family had long suspected; a diagnosis of Schizoaffective disorder of the Bi-Polar type. It is a permanent and degenerative condition which comes with the features of Schizophrenia and Bi-Polar Disorder. The only way I've discovered thus far to keep the condition under control (not have any hallucinations and maintain a stable mood) is with medication. However, the medication makes me fatigued to the point of sleeping more than 12 hours a day and generally in a constant brain fog thicker than cotton candy.

This is a problem because for the past 6 years, I have been studying and practicing Photography. In a fit of Mania I sold almost all of my camera equipment on eBay for $750 which would normally sell for about $1500 on fair value basis. I've been kicking myself ever since; but now that I have a concrete diagnosis, I'm really hating not only myself, but my situation. I either take the medication and keep myself from moving forward in life (I'd have to pretty much be taken care of as far as I know) or refuse to take the medication and possibly get in a whole heap of trouble over the long haul while enjoying the creativity that I ordinarily would be.

I don't know what to do, and my psychiatrist doesn't know what to do either. Before we got the diagnosis, everyone around me thought that it was just depression, which is far easier to manage. But after we found out what the problem really was, nobody seemed to know where to go or how to take care of anything. I know I sure don't.

If anyone knows anything that might help or any resources I can take advantage of, I would be eternally grateful. I'm at wits end and it's starting to affect the people around me as well as my thoughts.

CanonShooter's photo
Tue 12/13/11 04:52 PM
My idea of the perfect first date?

Expenses (where applicable):

It's my unwritten rule (this is how I was raised) that the man pays for everything on the date, unless it is stated and agreed to otherwise (i.e. she tells me that she doesn't feel comfortable about not contributing).

Somewhere public where we both feel comfortable, as well as being relatively quiet so that the two of us can talk. A coffee shop or book store (or a book store with a coffee shop in it) would be ideal.

Topics of Discussion:

I'm fairly certain that this one is a fairly common one, and it's pretty much everything and anything that both I and my date feel comfortable discussing, except for controversial or heated issues (politics, abortion, that kind of thing.

And that's my idea of a perfect date. And I'm new to the forum area of the site, though I joined the actual main site awhile ago. :smile:

2 Next