Community > Posts By > CanonShooter

CanonShooter's photo
Sat 12/17/11 09:20 AM
The new old photo is posted to my profile, though I don't remember exactly when I posted it...yesterday maybe.

CanonShooter's photo
Sat 12/17/11 01:45 AM

its nice to know what a man really wants for a change. And advocates it too. Nothing more attractive. Just be H O N E S T.

Thank you. I guess the best classification for my line of thinking is "Old School". Of course...that doesn't work in every area of life (the current cultural atmosphere in the US doesn't help), but this seems to be an exception.

Times have changed. Sadly most men haven't even considered those things let alone put any in action. We live in a fast-paced society now. Everything is digital and things are done in a matter a seconds, sometimes people lose interest that quickly too. ohwell

Please, don't say the word "digital". It makes me think of the digital photography equipment that I used to have which I loved dearly. tears

Getting back on track, though, I would say that it's more like "a great deal of" rather than "most" men. And I lost my train of thought so I guess I'll stop here.

CanonShooter's photo
Thu 12/15/11 10:29 PM

In whatever sense comes to mind, man. It's an old saying, the question is, in your opinion, is there any truth to it?

A most good hearted guy I knew died single.
And all the a$$holes are living lives of great wealth and luxury.

Considering the fact that humans by nature are for a lack of a better term "corrupt" (i.e. morally flawed) the fact that the liars cheaters and general filth of the moral realm tend to prosper shouldn't really be a surprise. Does it catch up to them in the end? Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. And again, I'll bring up the current culture that we're living in as part of the problem.

How is this an issue? It's rather simple, and one word comes to mind.

Greed.

This is, again, part of human nature; but the fact that being greedy/selfish is more often than not viewed as a good way to be successful is not a good thing (dUh). There are other facets of Human construction that contribute to this issue, but that is the one I'm focusing on for now. My brain is rather tired at the moment. And foggy.

What drugs are you on my friend?

Stuff for Schizoaffective disorder (mood stabilizers, antipsychotics, and an antidepressant to boot).

CanonShooter's photo
Thu 12/15/11 04:39 PM
Added 2 more photos, though the one I'm thinking about adding is rather...well...goofy. I'm not sure I want to post it either, because even though I'm not wearing a hat, my hair is a mess and it's been edited in CS3 (text was added, nothing more).

CanonShooter's photo
Thu 12/15/11 01:45 PM
"You have the right to remain stupid. anything you say can and will be laughed at by intelligent human beings. You have the right to defend your opinion. If you are not smart enough to do so, nobody really cares. Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?"

CanonShooter's photo
Thu 12/15/11 01:27 PM
The original thread is gone, and I was wondering what kind of pics we post here in general...

CanonShooter's photo
Thu 12/15/11 01:05 PM
"Of all of the natural wonders I've ever witnessed, you are by far the most beautiful creature to ever grace the Earth with your presence."

CanonShooter's photo
Thu 12/15/11 01:01 PM
I would use my favorite line for when I read or hear something like this, but I don't want to get kicked from the site. So I'll simply say, "Welcome to Mingle2."

CanonShooter's photo
Thu 12/15/11 12:52 PM
It was a temperate fall day like any other I had experienced in my years of existence. What made this day different from any other, was that I was going to burn Magnesium in Chemistry, which was my favorite subject. I never did very well on the tests, but the experiments never stood a chance when it came time to ponder the results and deduce precisely what was happening before my eyes.

I took my seat in the usual spot, next to my lab partner. We were two of the same mind, and were equally excited. Our instructor had setup the bunsen burners around the room, and we were itching for some real action. We sat on the edge of our seats, pencils and feet at the ready. The teacher telling us that we could go to our stations would initiate within I and my lab partner a fervor that would put a thoroughbred racehorse which was about to burst out of the gates to shame.

The other students lacked our enthusiasm, which was fine with us. The less competition we had, the better. We were to our station in a matter of seconds. I made my way by sliding under the table next to me at full speed, while my partner in crime opted for the classic vault maneuver. I never did tell her, but I chose to slide on the ground so I could catch a glimpse of her butt from below as she cleared the table. I think she knew about this, however, as after a certain point of this going on, she began to accentuate her figure by clenching her cheeks after clearing the acid proof counter.

Our pencils worked furiously on our analysis sheets which recorded every stroke and grain of graphite which was unfortunate enough to be at the bottom of the column. Our eyes followed the sliver of magnesium, telling our hands what to write about the intriguing metal. There honestly wasn't much to record visually, which only meant that we could get to heating things up even faster. However, there was a problem which I would regret for a short time during the class.

In the chaos of hands flowing and heads revolving around our sample, my pencil fell to the ground. This was made even worse by the fact that I could hear my partner pick up the candle lighter and ignite the burner on the counter. I began to stand up very quickly when I heard the magnesium begin to burn. In a momentary lapse of concentration, I looked directly into the white hot flare of the burning metal as my eyes came up past the edge of the counter while I was still becoming fully upright. I was temporarily blinded, and several expletives exited my mouth at a high decibel value.

The teacher being rather concerned rushed over to our station and asked what had happened. It took me a few moments to gather my thoughts about what had happened, but my reply came instantly.

"She blinded me with science!"

Our instructor turned to my lab partner with a look of disdain and jokingly scolded her.

"Oh come on Eileen!"

CanonShooter's photo
Thu 12/15/11 12:18 PM
I think I posted this in the other thread after the contest was already over...not sure, but what the heck.

Me: "I'm impressed."
Lady "By what?"
Me: "By you, my dear."
Lady: "What have I done to impress you?"
Me: "Being kicked out of heaven. Surely you must have made the other angels so jealous that God was tired of hearing them complain."

CanonShooter's photo
Thu 12/15/11 12:07 PM
Hoping that my files transfer from my somewhat damaged internal HDD to the portable one that I dusted off and pulled out of the desk draw. I had been getting BSODs on Bootup before Windows7 even started to load, and this was without me changing any settings or anything being changed without my knowing. That's the long and short.

CanonShooter's photo
Thu 12/15/11 09:06 AM
Added some more "about me" type of stuff dealing more with the things that are intangible.

CanonShooter's photo
Thu 12/15/11 09:04 AM
Mass Effect 2 Main Theme - Jack Wall, Wall of Sound.

CanonShooter's photo
Thu 12/15/11 09:01 AM
...right here in River City. Trouble with a capital T which rhymes with P which stands for Pool.

Well, not really. It's more along the lines of "Are there any ladies in Sherman on the site 18-24?"

Bonus points if you get the reference in the beginning of the post. WITHOUT using a search engine of any kind. :tongue:

CanonShooter's photo
Thu 12/15/11 08:55 AM
Edited by CanonShooter on Thu 12/15/11 08:56 AM
I think, therefore I am. Am I right?

Feel free to "hit me up" as the kids are saying now-a-days. Fairly new to the site, 21.

CanonShooter's photo
Thu 12/15/11 08:40 AM

In whatever sense comes to mind, man. It's an old saying, the question is, in your opinion, is there any truth to it?

A most good hearted guy I knew died single.
And all the a$$holes are living lives of great wealth and luxury.

Considering the fact that humans by nature are for a lack of a better term "corrupt" (i.e. morally flawed) the fact that the liars cheaters and general filth of the moral realm tend to prosper shouldn't really be a surprise. Does it catch up to them in the end? Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. And again, I'll bring up the current culture that we're living in as part of the problem.

How is this an issue? It's rather simple, and one word comes to mind.

Greed.

This is, again, part of human nature; but the fact that being greedy/selfish is more often than not viewed as a good way to be successful is not a good thing (dUh). There are other facets of Human construction that contribute to this issue, but that is the one I'm focusing on for now. My brain is rather tired at the moment. And foggy.

CanonShooter's photo
Wed 12/14/11 01:35 PM
I've talked to some of the people on the NAMI forums but have had little luck in finding alternatives to pharmaceutical medications for this, and no success in anything that I did find. I got back from my psychiatrist about an hour ago, and she reduced my mood stabilizer/anti seizure medication (depakote) after I told her that I broke my nice phone after throwing it on the floor in a fit of rage. I told her that the racing/intrusive thoughts are back, but she did not do anything with the antipsychotics that I'm taking.

I'm looking for a new psychiatrist as we speak (or type, rather). I hate it when people don't listen to me, and I'm not going to continue to see her if what I tell her about my mind just goes in one ear and out the other.

CanonShooter's photo
Wed 12/14/11 01:03 PM
Inspiration for the title came from the song Technologic by Daft Punk.

But anyways, I'd like some feedback on my profile, if you kind folks don't mind.

CanonShooter's photo
Wed 12/14/11 06:35 AM
Technically not pickup lines, but they're the closest thing I have. I'm not old enough to know any good ones yet, so cut me some slack. Also, they are for the most part...geeky.

"Let's play WoW (world of warcraft). I'll be your mount and we'll craft a lvl 1 Human."

"You smell delicious. I bet you taste just as good."

"You're hotter than my graphics card heatsink under a full load."

"When I saw you, my camera flash popped up...and fired."

CanonShooter's photo
Tue 12/13/11 11:35 PM
This was written about a week ago while going through a hard part of my life that I'm still dealing with and will be dealing with for the rest of my life. I don't think the meter or verse format is correct, but at this point I'm just happy that I wrote anything at all.

Rain bouncing
Thoughts dropping
Dripping down my scalp

I'm sweating intelligence
My skull can't hold me back

But problems
Issues, illnesses
Plaguing my brain

People say I'm insane
But they can't call me lame
Because my mind is to blame

These thoughts