Community > Posts By > AutumnGirl76

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/22/07 08:20 AM
But, rara777, you are a rare breed - a gentleman. I've been lucky enough to know you for a short time now and you have proven yourself to be a great listener with broad shoulders!

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sun 12/09/07 08:08 AM
Love it - thank you for sharing!

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/08/07 06:48 PM
Don't kick yourself over it...it's only natural to still care about him!
I won't tell you what to do, of course, but be real sure that you know what YOU want or need before you talk to him again...for both your sakes.
S

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/08/07 06:35 PM
No monkeys in my bed! :)

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/08/07 06:32 PM
Just me -- but I love to run my fingertips through a man's chest hair!!!
On the head? Well...I prefer it but I've known some VERY sexy men who had very little or no hair on their head.

Shelley

AutumnGirl76's photo
Thu 12/06/07 08:39 PM
Edited by AutumnGirl76 on Thu 12/06/07 08:42 PM
If a man drinks too much - I'm talking swigging vodka out of the bottle, drunk - Does that excuse the things that he says or does during that "episode?"

A friend of mine has had a pretty rough go of things, going through a nasty divorce and he's had some painful health problems lately -- but I never know what I'm coming home to anymore (I rent a room from him - partially, so that he's not alone) ... If he's been drinking, I'm likely to get cussed out and told to get out...

He got wasted the other night (only the 3rd time in 5 months) that he's done that - and cussed me out over the phone .. took the phone off the receiver .. and locked me out of the house. I came in, checked on him (he was passed out in his bed) got my dog and a change of clothes - then went and stayed in my car...planning on sleeping there, if need be.
We're in a small town that's at least a thirty mile drive from a motel...I was exhausted (I'd worked all day, taken care of my grandson until around 9:30, and I'm recovering from a nasty bout of flu) so I was too wrung out to drive anywhere else and didn't want to wake up any of my friends that late at night.

He came out, woke me up (thank God it wasn't below freezing here yet, as I didn't have much to cover with) and begged me to come in to the house. He was in horrible pain, I know, but still swigging vodka.

He's never hurt me, physically, and I know that he genuinely cares about me (probably more than he should)but I'm really getting to the point where I'm scared of him. If I leave here, he'll be alone ... but if I stay, will I have to deal with this every time I am out and come "home?"

He apparently has no memory of what he's said to me or what he's done ... but he is aware that he's got a near-violent temper. He also has guns in the house...I have handled guns all my life and am trained to use them -- but I also am all too aware that loaded guns, booze, and a bad temper are not a good mix...

I talked to him tonight and told him that I will not stay here any longer, if he's going to continue to go off the deep end like that. He seemed sincere in his apology but I know he didn't mean to let it happen this time - what will stop him the next time?

Should someone be forgiven for what they say or do - if they are drunk at the time?

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sun 12/02/07 07:05 PM
Edited by AutumnGirl76 on Sun 12/02/07 07:06 PM
Green apple Jolly Rancher

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sun 12/02/07 07:18 AM
laugh Great! Thanks.

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sun 12/02/07 05:42 AM
If today were my last day I would see as many of the people that I care about as I could and send messages to the rest - not telling them that this was my last chance but just letting know that they are important to me, that they have changed me for being in my life. This is something that I try to do anyway.

There is a part of me that wants to say that I would fulfill a lifelong dream of mine - to drive as fast on an otherwise empty track as I possibly could! But the rational side says, why risk even a second of that precious time?

I guess the trick is to live every day, as if it may be your last!

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/01/07 05:42 PM
I didn't watch much of the game, I admit...but it was pretty good.

S

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/01/07 05:40 PM
Have fun, Girl! Just be safe.

Shelley

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/01/07 05:27 PM
Thanks

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/01/07 05:22 PM
Love it. Thanks

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/01/07 03:50 PM
Great.......unfortunately, I know a couple of these guys!!!

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/01/07 03:47 PM
Geez! Thanks for the laugh!!!

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/01/07 01:58 PM
They say the first step is admitting that you have a "problem." LOL
Thanks

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/01/07 01:57 PM
I'll keep that in mind - thanks!

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/01/07 01:56 PM
Thank you

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/01/07 01:46 PM
I'm new on this site. I've already been fortunate enough to meet a couple of nice guys ... just talking at this point.

Really like this Discussion Forum idea!

Shelley

AutumnGirl76's photo
Sat 12/01/07 01:42 PM
The game's just barely over! Quite a game, wasn't it?

S