Community > Posts By > Swede700

Swede700's photo
Tue 12/04/07 11:49 AM

Perfect Stranger was by far the biggest waste of money, time and energy this year laugh

I actually have that movie on Netflix at home right now. Is it truly that bad?

Swede700's photo
Tue 12/04/07 11:48 AM

I didn't like the movie V for Vendetta. it was so dang confusing! :tongue:

That movie was awesome!

The worst movie I've seen over the past few years has to be "Bottoms Up." Paris Hilton is in it, that's all you need to know. laugh laugh

Swede700's photo
Tue 12/04/07 11:44 AM
Where the heck is Jack Bauer?

Swede700's photo
Tue 12/04/07 11:41 AM
Ummm...the last I checked, the 16th Amendment referred to taxing on income, so it can't be considered unconstitutional.

While I don't know exactly why no one else would pay for 7 years (if that's an accurate figure), my educated guess would be that would be because they pay such outrageous taxes on everything else.

If you eliminate the income tax, the government will just get you via a sales tax, which is far more destructive to the economy than an income tax.

The IRS is not an illegal part of the government. The IRS evolved from the Commissioner of Internal Revenue position in 1862 or 1863. If the IRS is illegal, then so is every other administrative agency.

Swede700's photo
Tue 12/04/07 11:19 AM

So far I don't see any good candidates. I've ruled out Guiliani, Obama, Clinton and probably Romney.

I'm curious as to your reasoning for ruling each of them out.

I personally don't care for Giuliani (Reducing crime in NYC and walking around the streets after 9/11, while good things, don't qualify you for the Presidency, he has no diplomatic skills whatsoever), Hillary (no qualifications either beyond being First Lady), or Romney (If you thought Kerry was a flip-flopper, this guy takes it to the nth degree),

I think Obama has the potential to be the best President of the bunch. He has the persuasiveness and charisma you need to lead the Free World, which Bush sorely lacked. This current President has weakened our status in the World, and that has hurt us here at home economically. Whether we like it or not, we need the international arena in our favor just as much as they need us. Sure, Obama may lack some experience, but he certainly has more than our current President did when he took office, whose only Foreign Affairs experience was signing Sammy Sosa to a contract.

Swede700's photo
Tue 12/04/07 10:57 AM
I can't and won't vote for a guy who would let corporations run even more rampant than they are right now in destroying the American workforce, and creating class warfare.

While his points about Iraq are right, his views on everything else are completely absurd. While the tax system does need to be overhauled, simply eliminating the IRS doesn't solve the problem.

Swede700's photo
Tue 12/04/07 10:49 AM
Edited by Swede700 on Tue 12/04/07 10:50 AM

Remember Kids, a Bad plan is better than no plan at all.

Sorry, I can't agree with that...and I have a fairly high IQ myself. I'd rather have someone a little more flexible with their planning than a complete moron unwilling to change his plan.

For the record though, I only voted for Kerry because I traditionally won't vote for a Republican (although I have on rare occasions). The typical Republican platform defies all logical sense. And I certainly wouldn't vote for a guy who fashions himself a dictator.

Swede700's photo
Tue 12/04/07 10:43 AM

<----kansas girl

That you are...western Kansas. I've driven through WaKeeney before (on my way to Denver) laugh

Swede700's photo
Mon 12/03/07 07:48 PM

I'm considering going to Bullfrog's next Tuesday to go see the stand-up comedians, but I've never been there before. Anyone else been there?

Well, I've decided to go. It begins tomorrow at 8:30 PM, so be there or be square! laugh laugh laugh glasses

Swede700's photo
Sun 12/02/07 12:28 AM

i believe there is a section for mental health issues on here somewhere for those that are.

my condolences....

You're a Packer fan, living in Minnesota, maybe you should check out that section. happy

Swede700's photo
Sun 12/02/07 12:25 AM

Hell NO!!!... he shouldn't go...give his spot to Jim Rice...drinker

Jim Rice is a borderline HOFer. And yes, Barry Bonds should still go to the Hall of Fame. Unlike McGwire or Sosa, Bonds was a HOFer even before his 'roids period.

gotta be from SF

Nope...I've never even been to SF.

Swede700's photo
Fri 11/30/07 11:38 PM
Considering I have had epilepsy (mine is controlled however) since I was 1 1/2 yrs old (I'm 34), as well as my son, who has both tonic-clonic (controlled) and absence (slowed down, but not stopped altogether) seizures, I have pretty good knowledge of it.

The tests often come out normal, from my own experience. Both my son and I have never had an EEG that didn't come out normal. An MRI might tell you something, but it might not, especially if it's something so small that it can't be located.

It sounds like from your situation, that your niece may have issues with multiple parts of her brain, which always makes it more complicated. The thing with epilepsy though, is that everyone's is different, and responds to different drugs. 2 people may both have tonic-clonic seizures, but one may respond to Dilantin and the other may not. It's often a trial and error to figure out which ones work for an individual. It took 3 different neurologists to finally figure out to use Keppra to slow down my son's absence seizures (like me, he uses phenobarbitol to control the grand-mal seizures).

What I suggest is either you or your niece's parents get all the information about epilepsy that you can and try to see if you can figure it out yourself. Sometimes, you may even know more than the neurologist, because there aren't many neurologists that are very knowledgeable on epilepsy. If worse comes to worse, she might have to go see an epileptologist, which is sort of a neurologist who specializes in dealing with epileptic patients. You can start getting information by going to www.epilepsyfoundation.org. If you need anything else, let me know and I'll be glad to relay what I know.

Swede700's photo
Fri 11/30/07 11:18 PM

The Gophers.... I almost wish we could give them away to another conference laugh

Who would take them, though? laugh

Swede700's photo
Fri 11/30/07 10:47 PM
Motor City Kitties this weekend...it should be a good one!

Swede700's photo
Fri 11/30/07 10:44 PM

Hell NO!!!... he shouldn't go...give his spot to Jim Rice...drinker

Jim Rice is a borderline HOFer. And yes, Barry Bonds should still go to the Hall of Fame. Unlike McGwire or Sosa, Bonds was a HOFer even before his 'roids period.

Swede700's photo
Fri 11/30/07 10:41 PM
Ohio State is lame, but so is Madison. Even though the team sucks right now, I still gotta give some love for the Gophers. I still hold out hope that sometime in my lifetime we'll make it to another Rose Bowl.

But, even with that said, until they dump the BS known as the BCS and have a playoff, the NFL is still much better.

Swede700's photo
Fri 11/30/07 10:13 PM
Edited by Swede700 on Fri 11/30/07 10:15 PM

To be able to read a man's mind. That would mean more to me than any of the other ideas I listed!!!bigsmile

You should know we're not that complicated. As Jeff Foxworthy says, all that's in a man's mind is "I want a beer and I want to see something nekkid" laugh laugh

BTW, I want my superpower to be able to snap my fingers and a pile of cash appears. happy

Swede700's photo
Fri 11/30/07 10:09 PM

good day now!

And now it's good night! laugh

Swede700's photo
Thu 11/29/07 08:57 PM
That's wonderful, ain't it? laugh drinker

Swede700's photo
Wed 11/28/07 09:34 PM
I guess you could say I'm the older nerd, I used to play my Atari 2600, write programs in Basic, Pascal, and FORTRAN, and spend mornings watching "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" laugh