Community > Posts By > MissAG

MissAG's photo
Thu 11/15/07 01:33 PM
Well, I have traveled and lived in different countries and I always tried every kind of food that was offerd. I did not care what it was made off. At least I had to try before I say I don't like it or yeiks...that sucks.

Living in Costa Rica for more then a year and being surrounded by so many iguanas, I had to accept that they make a very good stew with it and serious....it's so good. Here it is:

1 Iguana
1 lg Onion
2 Cloves Garlic
3 Tomatoes
2 Green Peppers
4 t Achiote Oil
1 pn Pepper
Salt -- To Taste

Make the achiote oil by frying the achiote slowly until the oil is red. Kill the iguana by cutting off its head. Open the belly lengthwise and remove all the entrails. [I didn't write this, folks.] Cook in salted water until the meat is tender (take care not to let it get too soft). Peel and cut in portions. Season with all the above ingredients and cook with about 1 cup water, until almost dry.

I also lived in Mexico for many years and they had some weird taco fillings..........but...it was so good

There is a special tree carrying a certain bug...forgot the name...but it is black with small wings and red strips. (very expensive) They fry the bugs, stuff it into the taco ans add the spicy salsa

or

the little tiny tiny worms which grow in the root of the corn is sold at a "caviar" price and also fried and filled into the tacos with the salsa.

Now....chocolate covered bacon...can you imagine?

Just fry the bacon strips until they are very crispy, place on paper towels to absorb the excess fat. In the meantime melt chocolate morsels in a double boiler. When melded cover the entire bacon strip and then place in the fridge to cool. I was very surprised how good it tasted.

Yes, I eat toast with a slice of cheese (pref. Swiz) and spread marmelade on it.

MissAG's photo
Wed 11/14/07 04:01 PM
I don't know if this "just say hi" also applies to us over 50....is there anyone here and what experiences did you have here. Is it a "just for fun" site or are there also some more serious members here?

MissAG's photo
Wed 11/14/07 03:45 PM
Edited by MissAG on Wed 11/14/07 03:48 PM
I don't see any topics here on dating when you are over 50. Is it more difficult since we all carry around our past experiences? Do guys over 50 still like to date or build a relationship with younger women. And women over 50...what are you looking for? Younger guys? Men in your age range?

In general over 50...are you looking for a long term relationship...maybe the last one....are you just looking for fun....what is most important to you?

Sorry I think I posted it into the wrong topic. However, I am new...and with this I introduce myself. I live in California and hope to find some friends and maybe more.