TheiaLynn's photo
Mon 02/18/08 12:33 PM
Tommy tutone Cheap date

TheiaLynn's photo
Mon 02/18/08 12:28 PM
David cassidy

TheiaLynn's photo
Mon 02/18/08 12:26 PM

Yes so now with another election approaching and the candadites paradeing around as if in some type of MEANINGLESS dog show and the best bred and the prettiest will be ordained king of america for 4 years and like a dog he will be led around by the elite special interests that put him there.

Have to agree with you here the one with the most money to get the votes will winn and the votes cast by the people make no difference what so ever.

TheiaLynn's photo
Mon 02/18/08 12:23 PM

cutlittledevil and daveb........

I am not being sarcastic, but if you have ever studied Civics, you would change your stance and realize that America is the government. Americans, that is, we the people elect government officials. Therefore, the government represents the people. The people, America and the government are one and the same. These are the cold hard facts.

I suspect that you two are getting into the realms of idealism and/or philosophy. If one wants to enter your world of idealism and/or philosophy, if you disagree with the way the government is running things, then yes, you can say that the government doesn't represent you or the American people since the government isn't adhering to your wishes.

However, in conjunction with the above, the world doesn't operate on idealism or philosophy. Sure, we would be better off, if it did, but it doesn't. Therefore, in the real world of cold hard facts our President, our Contress, which we the people elected into office are our government and they represent us. Therefore, America and the government are one and the same.

If you're content with that, then enjoy. I for one do not believe that we actually elect our officials any more, they are chosen for us. I am not content with that situation and do not consider it unamerican to feel that way. The fact is everything in our history tells me that that is part of what defines us as Americans.

Daveb..... As far as my being content with the way things are, I am not. That is one of the reasons I always vote; I keep hoping that my vote will bring some change. However, I hope I have made you realize the difference between idealism and reality.

I do agree with that part of your post wherein you state we actually do not elect our officials anymore. That is correct since the only people we are permitted to vote for are the ones that the officials of the Demoratic and Republican Parties nominate. Look at this business of delegates on the part of both parties. It is akin to the Electoral College in that the vote of the majority means nothing.

In the Electoral College system, each state gets a certain number of electors, based on each state's total number of representation in Congress. Each elector gets one electoral vote. For example, a large state like California gets 54 electoral votes, while Rhode Island gets only four. All together, there are 538 Electoral votes.

In December (following the general election), the electors cast their votes. When the votes are counted on January 6th, the Presidential candidate that gets more than half (270) wins the election. The President-elect and Vice President-elect take the oath of office and are inaugurated two weeks later, on January

The electoral votes choose not us.

TheiaLynn's photo
Sat 02/16/08 08:14 AM
Thank You storm happy you are here too.bigsmile

TheiaLynn's photo
Sat 02/16/08 08:09 AM
yes i certinly have and by the hand of some very good doctors.

TheiaLynn's photo
Sat 02/16/08 08:08 AM
mom:Don't be a smart ass
Me: cant't help it ma my ass goes to school right along with the rest of me.
Mom; well atleast it learns some thing.
Me: love to see that graduation photo on the mantel.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14