Community > Posts By > leah7br

no photo
Mon 10/19/09 12:20 PM
The book of John in the New Testament is a good place to start. Most churches give Bibles out for free if you need one. I'd stay away from the King James Version as it is in Elizabethan style and very difficult to grasp unless you enjoy reading Shakespeare. There is a new King James Version that eliminates the thee's and thou's or try NIV.

no photo
Fri 07/24/09 08:47 AM
It is easier for God to steer us if we are moving. I don't think it is wrong to date as long as you are only dating those you believe are potential marriage partners - unequally yoked with unbelievers, etc. are clear no no's.

no photo
Sat 03/07/09 05:27 AM
Chances are they haven't gotten over you, they are just better at faking it. If a person treats you like that... it may not seem obvious now but you are better off. Everyone deserves a person who makes them feel good, encourages, treats you with respect and recognizes your good qualities. Don't waste your energies on someone who doesn't appreciate who you are.

no photo
Mon 09/22/08 11:26 AM
While it is good to save money, I don't think a first date is a good time to do it. Typically with those type of coupons you are limited with what can be ordered. So if she picks something that doesn't fit with the promotion are you going to tell her she can't order that because they you can't use your coupon?

I'd save it for date two or three and start the invitation with .. hey I've got this coupon, want to help me use it???? Then there are no surprises or awkwardness.

no photo
Fri 11/02/07 02:25 PM
Christianity can't be defined by man, only by God. Man has proven over and over throughout generations how he makes himself the center instead of God. If a person is seeking to know what God meant, then that person needs to ask God directly. God promises seek and you will find, ask and He will answer. God also states that God is spirit and those that worship must worship in spirit and in truth. I accept the Word of God (Bible, Torah, scriptures) as being divinely inspired by God. That means you aren't going to use man's reasoning to dissuade me, only God's spirit will change my mind -- and He has on a number of topics. My life is spent learning what God means when He has said something, not what man means. For everything every individual has heard about God, you will be held accountable, whether you believe it or not. In simple terms, everyone will be without excuse. As a "Christian" we are commanded, not suggested, not asked if we'd care to, commanded to go and preach the Gospel (the good news) to those who have not yet heard. It is not our responsibility to force them to believe, that is left up to God to tug at their hearts and draw them in by His love. Our job is merely to present the information. God is a gentleman, He will never strong arm anyone. If you choose to walk away from Him, He allows you to go. But He doesn't stop inviting until you've taken your last breath. The invitation is always there.

Of course all this is based on my own personal beliefs. The Word of God states let each be fully persuaded in his own mind. My job is to present the information, what you do with it is up to you. The motivation is that all can share in the peace in knowing who God is and fullness that He offers to everyone. Peace in the midst of trials. Who in this life doesn't face problems and challenges. He desires to be there to help - not a magic wand - a guide.

It amazes me the amount of animosity that surrounds this topic. If you disagree, so be it, go your own way.

In the end, the only question asked is what did you do with my Son, Jesus Christ.