Community > Posts By > Tom1955

Tom1955's photo
Sat 05/21/11 05:34 AM
Afternoon everyone and am finally back in the land of the living (sort of). Vegas went fine - really busy and find that I'm just not the Vegas sort of fellow) - and flight back to Ireland was looonnnngggg. But good to be home. Raining here of course, but what else is new?

So greetings to you all from Eyeries way down in SW County Cork!

Tom

Tom1955's photo
Tue 05/10/11 08:33 PM

That is true.and with just a little
touch of dog food and salmonella
Flavor mixed in with some rotting
cheese you are good to go....literally.bigsmile

Ya know, I wondered why I was beginning
to lift my leg to pee.

laugh laugh laugh You know you had one taco Bell too many when you use your left leg to scratch your ear and you start to drink water out of the toilet bowl.
To all: I've decided that I don't like Vegas. Do you know what I discovered? They gamble here! Hah! Going to bed. Long day. Surely hope you're all well... Tom

Tom1955's photo
Sun 05/08/11 08:59 PM

The fart when you laughed so quietly, your part, that spread rapidly.

How did you know that about me? Hah! Sleep well everyone. Tom blushing

Tom1955's photo
Sun 05/08/11 02:50 PM
Hi Carol, and yep, am enjoying the forum very much... Vegas is - well - weird (to me anyway). Woke up early due to the time zone changes. Went downstairs and by God people were pumping coins into the slot machines big time. All I could do at that hour of the mornign was drink coffee! Anyway, hope all you Mom's had a Happy Mother's Day. Now...about time I got down to work. So best to all of you and catch ya tomorrow... T

Tom1955's photo
Sun 05/08/11 05:21 AM
Happy Mother's Day, ladies. May you have a wonderful day! Tom

Tom1955's photo
Sat 05/07/11 07:53 PM

Good evening.

Looks like another quiet night. I guess all you 50 somethings are going to bed earlier and earlier. laugh

No early to bed here. To onery for that.

Bed early for me, at least Vegas time. Not sure which time zzzzone I'm in right now: Pacific, East Coast, or Irish. Body clock is telling me that it's somewhere between 11PM and 4AM. Sheesh! Anything for a quiet life! Night all. I'm throwing in the towel.

Tom1955's photo
Fri 05/06/11 11:51 AM
Thanks for that Carole. I note you're from Bolivar OH. Mom was originally from East Liverpool - you far from there? Mind, I know that OH is a BIG state! Hadn't been to OH for many years, then went back to visit relatives in the fall. I was staggared at the beauty of the place. Dad was an airline pilot - so we moved all over the US and have lived in some very nice places (West coast, FL, etc) - but when I saw Ohio in the Autumn, I finally realized just how pretty the mid-west could be.

Am on Vacation for a few days. So off to the pool! My very best, Carole, and thanks so much for the greeting. Tom

Tom1955's photo
Fri 05/06/11 06:33 AM

All I can say is ........wow....noway
Anywho...enjoy Vegas...we have a fellow here from New Zealand..Ray..he's a day ahead of us, but manages to visit anywaylaugh He keeps trying to teach me 'proper English' but I'm turning him into a 'redneck'...and I think he having fun learninglaugh

Hah! And I completely understand re: 'proper English'. I write for both US and European markets, and every now and then get completely flustered, e.g. "colour" or "color", "plough" or "plow", "favour" or "favor". Of course some words have COMPLETELY different meanings (and Ray will appreciate this). For instance, "Rubber" is NOT a contraceptive device in Ireland/the UK. A rubber is ... an Eraser! I'll never forget - when I first moved over and only 2 yrs after getting married, a cute girl whom I worked with came over to my desk and asked me to "hand her my rubber". Honestly, I didn't know where to look! So being an Ex-pat has it's wild upsides... T :)

Tom1955's photo
Fri 05/06/11 06:20 AM
Wooppeee! I remembered. J.P. Patches! What'cha know? Occasionally, my 'Sometimers' retreats! :banana:

Tom1955's photo
Fri 05/06/11 03:43 AM
So - Does Viv get 10% commission on everything? (or is it Vi or Vivienne - I've seen them all!) And I also note references in various threads to a. Chocolate Chip cookies b. Ice Cream c. Various other foods. It's no fair! I've 'had' to live in Ireland for almost 30 yrs now (am in the process of FINALLY moving back part-time, but that's going to take a year to organize). Ireland does have choc chip cookies and ice cream, of course. But - it just ain't like home! tears

Tom1955's photo
Fri 05/06/11 03:28 AM
Morning everyone. I'm currently in Florida - so guess I'm up first. Off to Vegas for business tomorrow (I'm going to a Conference hosted by EMC, the tech storage people - I'm their 'European' writer, so will be writing flat out for the next week). Wait until I get back to Ireland - there's a 5 hour time difference between here and EDT - you'll be up, I'll be in bed, and vice-versa.

So glad I found this. Haven't had as much fun since the Separation (Irish law is weird because it's a Catholic country. Divorce was only legalized in 2000. Today, it takes over a year to legally separate - which is almost like a divorce because all of the main issues, finance, etc, are decided then, and following that, it takes 4 yrs before couples can apply for a divorce. In that I'm American, my Ex and I are talking about a US divorce which would be recognized in Ireland), but one step at a time...

Anyway, I thank ye all kindly, look forward to chatting again, and wish thee all a fine day... Tom

Tom1955's photo
Fri 05/06/11 03:03 AM
We're of the same vintage but don't think I EVER watched Howdy Doody! However, some old favorites for me were many of the cartoons: Bugs, Wild E Coyote, Bulwinkle (who said cartoons were made for kids even then? Best darn adult cartoon around!), Jetsons (Dad was an airline pilot so loved the flying), Flintstones; I had a penchant for 'B' sci-fi flicks then...Invaders from Mars, The Day the Earth Stood Still;

the 'usual' suspects that the folks insisted that we watch (or that they watched and in which case we had no choice): The Wonderful World of Disney, Lassie, Rin Tin Tin (what was it about dog shows back then?), Sky King, Bonanza, FBI (horrible when you were only 5), The Ed Sullivan Show, The Lawrence Welk Show (I used to love the bubbles!), Captain Kangaroo...and because we lived in Seattle back then a kid's show...with a clown...who's name I absolutely forget! Help! Rats! Memory? What memory?

Tom1955's photo
Thu 05/05/11 06:26 PM

Hi all and a newbie here, and thought I'd say hello. I've been running through some of the threads on the 50+ forum and find them great fun! Look what the kids are missing!

But truly appreciate being here. Finally! My very best to you all - Tom

Hi Tom....waving Glad you found us! Just jump on in...we never stay on subject here..But Jerry and Tim are the worse, so you have no competitionbigsmile laugh laugh

:thumbsup:

Jerry thinks he's the "fixer"....but he's notlaugh laugh
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, all. (Is Jerry really the fixer?) And Viv, thanks for the 'Friend' invite. Appreciated! T

Tom1955's photo
Thu 05/05/11 06:12 PM

I'm 57 ... I did not want it this way, and it tore me up but in the end that's how it ended up. I can't seem to put this to rest, I can't date anyone cause of feeling so sad all the time and all the time I missed with my son growing up and all the fun we had. I guess I am doomed to live this way, alone and sad and wishing the past had been different.
Hi Italy. Tom here and I think I understand. I'm 55 and left the marriage 2 years ago. I've 3 kids, older than yours (29, 27 23)...but all of them took it hard. The middle child - my daughter - hasn't talked to me in a year. Hasn't allowed me to see my grandson. Did not bother to tell me that she was pregnant with my first granddaughter (who was born day before yesterday, safe and well, and thank God for that!) It broke my heart. But I know that a) she feels, and will continue to feel, angry/hurt/abandoned for some time; b) sometimes the knowledge that I hurt my kids is close to unbearable; c) given time, I truly believe she will come back to me, my Prodigal Daughter returning to her Dad.

As parents, we would willingly walk into a flaming cauldron for our kids. The last thing we ever want to do is hurt them. And yet...it happens, despite our best intentions. I've no solution to offer you, Italy. All I do to cope with it is pray and continue to contact her via email and text (to which I have never received a reply).

But I continue to take great hope in that I know in my heart that time is a great healer. I choose to believe that. And I pray that it's so.

I'm sorry that I can't provide more comfort. But I wanted you to know that I truly understand your pain. You've a 'brother' right here who knows what it's like - and at times just doesn't know what to do anymore - except to keep on breathing... But I really don't think that we're doomed. At the end of the day, we're our kids' parents. And someday, I feel - I must believe - that they'll remember that. With so many good wishes to you - Tom :)

Tom1955's photo
Thu 05/05/11 05:34 PM
Hi all and a newbie here, and thought I'd say hello. I've been running through some of the threads on the 50+ forum and find them great fun! Look what the kids are missing!

But truly appreciate being here. Finally! My very best to you all - Tom

Tom1955's photo
Thu 05/05/11 05:23 PM
Never mind. I finally saw the QUOTE button. As my Octaganarian father says, occasionally I get Sometimers. Duh. T :)

Tom1955's photo
Thu 05/05/11 05:22 PM
Mon 05/02/11 03:18 PM

"food for sex is not a great trade off...but you could set under a bridge with a sign that says...will trade sex for food...at least you'd be burning some calories...let us know how that works for ya."

LOVED the above, Vivienne. I work for myself too. And it really is a passion (except when I want to kill a client).

Okay a question if all right: how do you do that 'quote' thingy? E.g. copy the quote from one comment to another? All I did above was to cut and paste, but it just doesn't look as good as yours! Ha! My very best to all - and sure am glad I joined. You all seem like lovely folks... Tom

Tom1955's photo
Thu 05/05/11 05:14 PM
I agree with Winterblue and Josie. Being single has it's benefits: no arguments over...the TV wand (I always get it); who takes out the garbage (I always have to - no one else is there to do it!); who gets the last Oreo Cookie (I do - or it goes stale). However.... I find that I:

Don't mind giving up the TV wand to someone I love;
Don't mind taking out the garbage all the time (especially if she gives me a kiss when I get back);
Giving her the ENTIRE last Oreo Cookie, cream bit and all! (Simply because if I don't, I know I'll never hear the end of it).

In short: single life has it's benefits. But a shared life - now for me that's a gift! And it's why I'm here...Oreo Cookies and all. T :)

Tom1955's photo
Thu 05/05/11 04:50 PM
Hi Dionne. I'm new here too - sorta. Joined a few months ago but never spent any time on it. I live in both Fl and Ireland and it gets sorta busy. But actually took a week off - and started to really look at this. As you say, it's rather cool, me-thinks. But we shall see. So as they say in the Eurovision Song Contest: "Hello, Edmonton! Ireland calling! And welcome!" - Tom