Community > Posts By > mattherin

mattherin's photo
Sun 03/27/11 09:49 PM
Okay, so for my challenge today it went very well. I was waiting to cross the street here in downtown Seattle and this gorgeous woman was standing next to me, so this is what I said.

"Good Morning Miss. I just wanted to tell you that you are very beautiful and to have a wonderful day." Then I walked across the street. About halfway across the woman caught up to me and asked. "That wasn't a pick up line?" When I answered no, she looked dumbstruck. I continued on my way and so did she.

People come to expect one thing and when something else happens, it throws them for a loop. Think of this next time you expect something to happen therefore it keeps you from trying it.

Good night all. Look back in the morning for the next challenge!!

mattherin's photo
Sun 03/27/11 10:13 AM
I agree krupa. But the fear of someone taking it the wrong way shouldn't stop one from trying. :)

I think only once in my life has a woman totally freaked when I told her she was beautiful. But that didn't stop me the next time.

:)

mattherin's photo
Sun 03/27/11 09:45 AM

Why not?

Because that's not the kind of remark that makes people feel good. It's weird. It will either be viewed as a "pick up" by a man or as just creepy by a woman.

These challenges are not for those that are too scared to try or for those that are completely happy with the way they are. These are for the people who want to push their own boundaries and see what happens. There is nothing creepy about telling someone they are beautiful. It all depends on the approach. If a guy walks up to a girl and say, "damn girl, you are smoking hot". Then yes, that is creepy and/or a lame pick up line. However, if you say this "Good morning, please don't take offense but I think you are very beautiful" That is a completely different approach.
As for women telling men they are handsome...what is so wrong about that? Use the same approach as above.

mattherin's photo
Sun 03/27/11 07:06 AM
Why not?

mattherin's photo
Sun 03/27/11 06:48 AM
Happy Sunday everyone!

Okay, so for todays challenge. A couple rules first. It CANNOT be your wife, husband, significant other. It has to be a complete stranger. And it has to be in real life, not on the computer!

For today, tell a complete stranger that they are beautiful/handsome.

Have fun, and put up your responses as you get them! I will too!

mattherin's photo
Sat 03/26/11 07:30 PM
Okay, my update.

Person 1. Said hello on the bus this morning going into town. She politely smiled and went back to texting on her phone.

Person 2. At the coffee shop I stop at. Gentleman said hello, asked me about my sweatshirt (it says Redstone Colorado on it)

Person 3. Completely ignored

Person 4. Completely ignored

Person 5. At Jack in the Box for dinner. She sat across from me at the table because the place was packed. Polite conversation, followed by lack thereof.

So what did I learn today. That 3/5 people will at least acknowledge that someone has said something to them. Good First experiment. Check back early tomorrow for the next Daily Challenge!

mattherin's photo
Sat 03/26/11 12:04 PM
It isn't about it being difficult or whatnot. It's about the physical act of going out of your way to acknowledge the existence of people that you don't know. :)

mattherin's photo
Sat 03/26/11 06:21 AM
So this is my first full day here at Mingles2. I am going to start a daily challenge and see how people react.

Todays' Challenge is: Say Hello to Five Complete Strangers.

Then post here and let us all know how they reacted. I will do the same. :)

mattherin's photo
Fri 03/25/11 10:25 PM
Props brudda. That is what the pink bracelet stands for.

mattherin's photo
Fri 03/25/11 09:47 PM
Thanks, appreciate the advice. :)

mattherin's photo
Fri 03/25/11 09:28 PM
as is my motto for online chatting, "you have to get through the sleaze to fine the prize"

mattherin's photo
Fri 03/25/11 09:18 PM

Okay, Okay. I will try to give a smirk... does that work?

Nope, that's the same as half a smile.

It has to look like that ===> biggrin

Okay! I tried. That's the best smile I can muster. Oo :banana:

mattherin's photo
Fri 03/25/11 09:17 PM
I come from the old school thinking in that Sex should be a sincere expression between two people who truly enjoy each other. Friends with Beni's, while good for some people, will never land you with your one true equal life mate.

mattherin's photo
Fri 03/25/11 09:12 PM
Check my pics, the third one uploaded. Props to those who know what it is. :banana:

mattherin's photo
Fri 03/25/11 08:56 PM
Thanks kissable. I will look into fleshing out the profile over the next few days. Wasn't sure how I would like this site when I filled it out for the first time. Now I know that it is all right. :banana:

mattherin's photo
Fri 03/25/11 08:36 PM
Okay, Okay. I will try to give a smirk... does that work?

mattherin's photo
Fri 03/25/11 08:34 PM
As a guy who has been stood up a LOT, I can say that this sucks. Kick him in the shin if you see him again. :banana:

mattherin's photo
Fri 03/25/11 04:01 PM
But I AM smiling in that picture... Oo :banana:

mattherin's photo
Fri 03/25/11 01:54 PM
It's all good! Thanks for the compliments. Stay tuned over the next couple months, I'll try to keep updates/pics of my progress. :)

mattherin's photo
Fri 03/25/11 01:23 PM
Sup, was told I needed to come over here and post as my next order of business