mattherin's photo
Tue 04/05/11 09:37 PM
fugly and proud here!

mattherin's photo
Sat 04/02/11 09:37 PM
lookin good tho. :)

mattherin's photo
Thu 03/31/11 09:32 PM
So for my something different today it was something small. I tried a Migimo? It's a high concentrate coffee drink. It was so strong but yet so good. The gals at the coffee shop were laughing at me, but that's okay. Always good to shake up the routine.

mattherin's photo
Thu 03/31/11 07:00 AM
I'll start putting date on them. I was thinking of that myself. But I like to keep track of how many people view/reply each day, so that is why they are different threads completely.

mattherin's photo
Thu 03/31/11 06:48 AM
Okay, so yesterdays' challenge was a little weak. Thanks to those who replied. So I was trying to think of what today's challenge would be.

Try something new. Alot of us go to the same coffee shop, order the same thing, walk the same way. Basically being in a rut. So today try something a little out of the ordinary for you. I will do the same. Post here and let us know what you did. and HAVE FUN!

mattherin's photo
Wed 03/30/11 04:50 PM
/bump

mattherin's photo
Wed 03/30/11 12:48 PM
/bump to the top. :)

mattherin's photo
Wed 03/30/11 10:11 AM
While kind of nasty and a bit disturbing, you might have made his day. Can't think of anything to say about that one. :)

mattherin's photo
Wed 03/30/11 09:20 AM
Okay, so I am running a little bit late this morning. Had to jump out of bed and run because I thought I had a meeting at 8:00. Turns out I didn't.

So todays challenge is this.

Go out of your way to help a complete stranger. I have already completed mine for the day so i will go ahead and write it up.

I went to Subway for breakfast after my non existent meeting. While there a gentleman came in that had to use two crutches in order to walk. He came in and ordered a coffee and they put it in a bag so he could carry it to his table. As he was walking the bag broke and his coffee spilled all over the floor. Almost without thinking I jumped up and grabbed his cup. I told him that I would go and get the gals to refill it for free. They did refill it (2 cream 2 sugars added as well). I then took it back to the guy and told him to have a nice day.
I didn't wait for a thank you as I was leaving anyways, but as I walked by the window I glanced in and the guy gave me a huge grin and waved.

So there it is. Let's see what ya got Minglers. :)

mattherin's photo
Tue 03/29/11 09:15 PM
ooo, I gotcha. I don't mind any kind of responses. It's all about getting people to think about their lives and to push their boundaries. This is a project that I am using to try to look at myself as well.

For now it is time to sleep. I will post a new challenge tomorrow! Thanks for following the thread!

mattherin's photo
Tue 03/29/11 08:03 PM
I have an endless supply of challenges. From small ones to major.

I guess I didn't understand your second paragraph

"we will all forgive and forget if this goal you set yourself becomes different from your idea of fun on Mingle2" what is there to forgive and forget?

mattherin's photo
Tue 03/29/11 11:13 AM
So my three things I would change.

1.) My weight. I want to finish losing the other 65lbs to get to my goal weight of 235. :)

2.) My teeth. I have receding gums disease and it makes my teeth very hard to keep in good shape cause the roots are always getting infected

3.) My lack of patience. I am very irritable in some ways. I would like to find a way to be more patient in general.

So there it is, there are many more things that I would change, but those are the big three.

mattherin's photo
Tue 03/29/11 06:07 AM
All righty. Todays theme is going to be vanity. Yesterday we looked at ourselves and noticed the good things about ourselves. Here is todays challenge

Look in the mirror and find 3 things that you would change about yourself. I will open it up and say that it can be either physical or otherwise.

Again, you don't have to write it in here. I will in a couple hours tho. :)

mattherin's photo
Mon 03/28/11 07:17 PM
/bump to the top. Some good answers, let's see if we can get a few more people in here. :)

mattherin's photo
Mon 03/28/11 02:11 PM
/bump to get some more peeps in here. :)

mattherin's photo
Mon 03/28/11 01:27 PM
For sure!

mattherin's photo
Mon 03/28/11 09:04 AM
Okay, I meant to go first to start the ball rolling, but y'all did it for me!! All righty so the 3 things that I like about my appearance.

1.) My Eyes. I personally like them because they can't lie. When I look at myself in the mirror I see the truth of myself.

2.) My birthmark. I have a small birthmark on my left cheekbone that is kind of my trademark. It's small, like nickel sized, and no shape just round. But it's ME.

3.) My hands. I have always kept my hands in good shape, they are strong yet soft, and they are the instruments in which I work. They type out my ideas. :)

So there it is. The three things about my appearance that I like.

mattherin's photo
Mon 03/28/11 06:10 AM
Okay, so for todays challenge it is going to be a little bit different. Ever since I can remember I have had a problem with self-esteem. Some people don't, and that is totally awesome.

So for todays challenge, simply look in the mirror and find 3 things about your physical appearance that YOU like. Not that other people like, but that YOU like.

Some people are very self conscious about themselves, so you don't have to post it here, but if you want to please go ahead.

Have a GREAT Monday!!

Previous 1 3