Community > Posts By > funvendorguy

funvendorguy's photo
Fri 07/01/11 07:57 AM
HA!! That's what I'm talking about:thumbsup:

funvendorguy's photo
Fri 07/01/11 07:21 AM
Wouldn't it depend on what the squirrel ate?

funvendorguy's photo
Thu 06/30/11 07:11 PM
If there's no one there to hear it, will anyone care?whoa

funvendorguy's photo
Thu 06/30/11 05:20 PM
Everybody has that "One". Unfortunately for myself, my ex was just that. Only after a few months of not having her in my life did I come to realize that. But I walked out on her, 6 times too many. Not till recently did I understand that I only hurt myself by leaving. Imagine that, I walked out thinking I was hurting her but. . . I wanted her, to be with her and her kids cause I simply liked being with them. . . so who'd I really hurt?oopsslaphead Gonna be upset for a bit about this one.sad2

funvendorguy's photo
Thu 06/23/11 07:43 AM
It really makes ya wonder what would've happen if I'd been broke and asked her to help. But really, she didn't have to pay a dime, was driven there and back, taken care of while there, if she thought I was cooler cause i paid then that's on her, but truly we had as much fun and got all the things we would've if I paid. She's gone. Maybe there is another woman out there who can find the simple pleasures in life a true adventure.

funvendorguy's photo
Wed 06/22/11 03:38 PM

Well, when I go grocery shopping, I look at prices, and I consider which one is cheapest, and I usually end up buying that way. I don't shop at expensive stores unless it's a special occasion. (YAY ROSS)

So honestly, I don't see why anyone would think that spending more money means more fun.

Like, if I want to go out with someone, I'd offer to make dinner for me and the man or woman, as going out to dinner is expensive! That and I love cooking.

So I'd have to say you took the wrong person. Fun doesn't need to cost a cent, heck, I'd have fun on a date if we went to the park or something.

I too love to cook and a nice dinner made by myself or the other is always a great time for me. Truthfully, I'd like to start out the date shopping for the food, great creations come from the influx of two hungry mindssmile2

funvendorguy's photo
Wed 06/22/11 03:35 PM

Just a response to those playing devil's advocate (which I already did with my first post in this thread)...

I would say this woman has expensive tastes, and likes being pampered. However, once she knew that the OP didn't have to pay for the trip, she came to question whether he was willing to spend the money to afford her own tastes. Therefore, disappointment set in.

Truth is, if that is what she wants, then shouldn't she put herself in a situation to pursue it by her own work and merit using her own money? If her tastes are too expensive for her own means, then she should adapt her tastes to what she can afford but still enjoy. Anything beyond that, the proverbial gift horse, should either be accepted with modesty and appreciated, or outright refused with humility.

Since A happened and B didn't, isn't that pretty much the definition of a gold digger? Especially since the OP already admitted that she knew he had money, or at least money in the family?

You're hitting the button best on this comment.drinks

funvendorguy's photo
Wed 06/22/11 12:09 PM

Is it possible that amoungst all the (supposed)premeditation and hidden agendas that she just didn't find you to be her "type"?
And in demonstrating that in her off-beat way... you now know that she's not your type either?
Just wondering...?

(just wanted to add... I do see that it was hurtful to you OP, there's no taking that back for her... and that's important for you to note and verbalize. Still, try not to let it eat you... my hope, that.)

Great angle!whoa
Hurt is the understatement to the "let down" feeling. It did take a bit to get everything set up and with my friends pulling what strings that they could too, makes it feel that the effort was left to be appreciated, and not so much the event. Maybe her type is the one who'll spend thousands for a bucks worth?? Mine is someone who'll see what it took vs. what it was. smile2

funvendorguy's photo
Wed 06/22/11 07:35 AM

maybe, just maybe...
she thought you were paying for a lavish weekend so she was being appreciative by showing that she was impressed and once she found out it wasnt costing you much she felt more comfortable saying how she really felt about the place. some people dont like being all fancy pants, a date taking you somewhere you might not otherwise go is sort of pressure to act/react a certain way. maybe she isnt complaining that a $5k ring could be outdone by $6k, but rather that a $300 ring could mean just as much. just sayin

The places were nice, not the best Estes Park has to offer, but nice. She was actually amazed the whole time, well almost. She even made statements that she had always wanted someone to do what I did. I mean it was Father's day weekend and my plan was all her. Alone, what it cost is besides any point, to believe that it lost VALUE is to say that the only ring that would do is the $6K ring even if I had lost an arm getting the $300 ring.

funvendorguy's photo
Tue 06/21/11 03:37 PM

If you consider yourself a real genius, you'll dump her gold digging butt.

rofl

funvendorguy's photo
Tue 06/21/11 03:36 PM

IMHO - she had fun on the weekend... and once she found out it did not cost you much, YOU lost YOUR appeal to HER!...

sorry man, she's definately a "digger"...!!

$.02 drinker

No ****, good point. Probably mad cause she didn't have a total to tell her friends of how much she is worth sad

funvendorguy's photo
Tue 06/21/11 08:45 AM
I still had a blast. Thanks to my friends for an amazing weekend.

funvendorguy's photo
Tue 06/21/11 08:44 AM

OK ladies lets get down to it. Next time I think he should take one of you!

Honestly though, sorry she treated you like this, not cool.

I agree fully. I am now accepting requests of the true-hearted female.

funvendorguy's photo
Mon 06/20/11 03:47 PM

At first reading, I felt the OP's frustration, then I began thinking about it more...

There could be another side of this story - one that hasn't been brought up. We haven't been told in what terms "it lost some of its appeal". That part has been left open to interpretation by a lack of detail.

Does she think you were trying to impress her when she felt it unnecessary?

Does she now think you are a bit of a mooch or a phony?

Have you ever led her to believe you had more money than you actually have?

For this woman to be a gold-digger, she needs to have the impression there is gold to be dug.

So, I am thinking there may be some miscommunication going on here. Therefore, I have no way to judge where the blame should be laid.

I actually have good money at my disposal. Enough of it to say "Disposal". Yes, she knew i have money, and my friends not being Jerks and charging me all the time is one reason as to it, another is that I was lucky to have a rich Grandfather who liked me. I wasn't trying to impress as much as I was trying to make a comfortable weekend.

funvendorguy's photo
Mon 06/20/11 03:44 PM

cheap or genius? i'd say, neither. you just took the wrong person. an appreciative person would find that awesome. besides that, fun doesn't have to cost a dime.

Of all the answers, you are what I feel most correct.

funvendorguy's photo
Mon 06/20/11 01:39 PM
I was able to (through a few friends and business connects) get a lavish weekend getaway, for myself and a lovely woman I've been seeing periodically, up in Estes Park, CO. It included a 5 Star hotel, dinner at a very fine Banquet, and a free tour guide on some of the back country trails. Needless to say it was completely awesome!! But, when she came to realize that it didn't cost me a thing but gas and tips, she thought that it lost some of its appeal....WTF?? I still had to put it all together no matter how much it cost. So....Am I Cheap.....Or Am I Genius??frustrated

funvendorguy's photo
Mon 06/20/11 07:39 AM
I wonder if my staler gets excited about seeing cars that look like mine; similar to when I get uneasy when I see cars like hers?what

funvendorguy's photo
Sun 06/19/11 11:14 AM

So has anyone had someone tweet a picture of their wiener to them?

I'm sure quite a few women have had someone "tweet" their wiener to them, both being stalked and not.scared Sadly some guys think that women like it.slaphead

funvendorguy's photo
Sat 06/18/11 12:18 PM

So has anyone had someone tweet a picture of their wiener to them?

Do you have the need to text your wiener? spock

funvendorguy's photo
Sat 06/18/11 12:49 AM
The weird part is that I truly don't think I'm stalking material?! I'll never put all my effort into a first night ever again.:banana: