Community > Posts By > RedMustangRS

RedMustangRS's photo
Mon 12/31/07 10:56 PM
Thanks for your post and suggestion.

Unfortunately I was still un able open the pic(s) utilizing the program you suggested.

I even went through the file extension associations in the folder options, setting everything back to their default values, no luck.

The Explorer (Windows Explorer); keeps doing it, freezing, crashing, not responding, and then does not open any picture of any type (regardless of the extension, or what I've tried to associate it/them with).

I however, was fortunate enough to stumble across a program for viewing and editing pics at download.com, called "XnView" which does exactly what it's supose to! (ie, it works). So I've used the program itself, to associate it with all my picture files, and everything seems to be ok so far.

As far as the "Explorer" issue is concerned (although it's still not fixed, or working correctly) I don't care anymore now that I have something to replace it with. So, I'm not concerned anymore.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help!

RedMustangRS's photo
Sun 12/30/07 02:47 AM
My favorite to date is without a doubt SAW, the Origianl one! What's your best, or most fav? What would you recommend that would just feel so real it scared the s--t out of you. That's the kind I've been waiting for!

RedMustangRS's photo
Sun 12/30/07 02:43 AM
Great Movie, esp. in preparation for entering the military. Spent 8 years serving my country for the US Marine Corps! Ooh Rah!

RedMustangRS's photo
Sun 12/30/07 02:42 AM
Heck yeah, a Stephen King Classic! Secret Window was pretty good too.

RedMustangRS's photo
Sun 12/30/07 02:41 AM
I love all the CSI's but don't get to see them all. Currently No TV. I do however have the 6th season on pc of CSI Los Vegas which I watch quite often! I'd like to get more though and can't wait till I get a TV.

RedMustangRS's photo
Sun 12/30/07 02:38 AM
Awesome Movie. All 8 of them. I really like the first and original most, but 8 is a close second.

RedMustangRS's photo
Sun 12/30/07 02:35 AM
I'm partial to an old classic. "Some Kind of Wonderful" with Mary Stuart Masterson. She plays Awesome DRUMS, and in the end each other get's just who they wanted to begin with (just didn't know it at first).

I also really like "Wild Things" and "Posion Ivy" if you could consider those to be Romance?

I though Titanic was Great. The notebook was good, but a little too far fetched for me.

RedMustangRS's photo
Sun 12/30/07 02:30 AM
H-ll YEAH...I LOVE SOUTH PARK. Got the whole 5th season on pc already. Looking for more. I go to Comedy Central to watch current episodes too. I love the episodes with Terrance and Phillip.

RedMustangRS's photo
Sun 12/30/07 02:26 AM
I Couldn't personally agree more. Sure being on your own and by yourself has it's advantages; but in the long run...it's much better to share LIFE and LOVE with SOMEONE ELSE!

RedMustangRS's photo
Sun 12/30/07 02:16 AM
Thank you all for your comments, suggestions, and help.

I'm afraid you've misunderstood me though.

You see, I am having a problem with the Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer.

But there's another complication too. The OS version is let's just say been licensed more than once (though only on my computers); so therefor cannot get the updates from Microsoft (at least not any that require the pain in the a-- "genuine advantage" first). Also regarding the Internet Explorer (weather any of the Windows Explorer uses any of it's features, or files or not) I have 6 not 7 to begin with.

I've also tried right clicking on the photo(s) to "open with" various programs, and it's always the same thing; the explorer itself keeps freezing. I've even tried re associating the file extensions for picture files to an appropriate program; but that has failed as well.

So, I am still in search of the correct remedy.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

RedMustangRS's photo
Fri 12/28/07 05:07 PM
Hello,

With XP (all versions) there's a program called "System Restore" which should allow you to reset your pc back to whatever date you'd like.

The only drawback, and perhaps this is just my experience, is that sometimes you have to manualy set restore points yourself (as in after you've done updates, installed new third party software, or uninstalled software) before it will allow you to pick such a date.

System Restore sets restore points itself at random dates and times (which you can change in the settings).

You should be albe to find System Restore from your start menue (provided you haven't deleted it or for some other reason does not show).

You should be able to find it with the following path...
START > ALL PROGRAMS ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSTEM RESTORE
(just click on the system restore at that point and it will open).

If you can't find it there, you can do one of two things:
1) Use Search Companion to search for the program itself (called "rstrui.exe"). By typing this into the search box (with the extension) your pc will find it for you.

2) Alternately, and probably the fastest would be to just cut and paste this"C:\WINDOWS\system32\restore\rstrui.exe" into your explorer window and it will go directly to the folder with that program in it (usually also highlighting itself). If not you'll have to search for it (but be warned the system 32 folder is the largest folder of the windows OS <and be sure not to delet any files>) manually.

Once you've found it with whatever method works for you, just click or double click on it to open it and use it.

I hope that helps. If not let me know.

RedMustangRS's photo
Fri 12/28/07 02:14 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm knowledgeable in computers and have some college education as well; but there's something specific I just can't seem to fix, or solve.

To make this short; I'm mainly having problems, or trouble viewing pictures on my pc. There's some glitch in the os that I can't seem to find or repair.

It's (windows) allowing me to view the thumnails as in the folders I'm in; but once I "double click" on the photo to view it at standard size, that's when it goes haywire.

The "explorer" keeps stalling, freezing, and crashing; so I've got to kill it with the task manager and restart it (then reset everything on my desk top). It's quite inconvient and a pain in the rear.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or knows what I can/should do, please do so.

Thank you for your time.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Oh, it would be helpful if you could email me (here) too, thanks.

Richard