Community > Posts By > mylifetoday

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 05/27/11 11:12 PM

ALLAH AND JEHOVAH ARE THE SAME GUY.

I must respectfully disagree with you.

They are not the same...

How on earth would you know that? According to Muslims, Allah was the god of Abraham. Jews and Christians believe Jehovah was the god of Abraham.

These two (actually three) religions are Abrahamic religions. They have the same history. They are the same God.

Well, it is quite simple really.

Jews do not believe Christians worship the same God.

And from what I know of the Muslim religion --- their God is nothing like the Christian God.

They say it is --- doesn't make it so...

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 05/27/11 11:04 PM

good luck agreeing on which beliefs qualify as 'religion'

It doesn't matter. Any organized religion that has a church.
Get rid of all of them.

Let people have their own beliefs. Stop trying to make them conform to a church doctrine.

Beliefs are not religions.

so would that involve REFUSING the right of people to organize BASED upon their beliefs?

what in having an organization implies that people arent being able to have their own beliefs?

I'm making a point.

I'm just saying that if mylifetoday wants to get rid of the Muslim religion, then its only fair that we get rid of Christianity too.

People already have "their own beliefs." But when you have an organized religion, or denomination, you are expected to CONFORM TO THE NORM.

Morningsong expects Cowboy to conform to her beliefs about Christianity or she tells him if he can't then he should stop calling himself a Christian.

Why not let him believe what he wants? Why not let him call it anything that he wants?

That's what I mean about organized religion. They expect conformity of beliefs.

Because there are very specific beliefs all Christians hold as Truth. If you disagree with one of these truths then you are not a Christian.

Calling yourself a Christian in those circumstances is akin to me saying I represent women even though I have no clue what giving birth will ever be like.

I am not a woman - obviously - if you aren't a Christian - you have no right to call yourself a Christian.

He can believe whatever he wants. But if he doesn't accept the fundamental truths of Christianity, he should not claim to be Christian. Because in truth, he is not until he does.

I still have a hard time understanding how people can seriously today say Christians are the same or worse than Muslims. That is like saying night is day because the moon cast light as well...

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 05/27/11 10:58 PM

According to Muslims, Allah was the god of Abraham. Jews and Christians believe Jehovah was the god of Abraham. So isn't it the same entity known in different names?

Also, for centuries Christians have been slaughtering people who would not CONVERT TO CHRISTIANITY. Including Jews, and not more that two generations ago. (World war II)

So there is not much difference in the religions. Christians just deny their bloody past because they have become more civilized. The Muslims just need to evolve into a more civilized group. They are just a bit slower. Give them another couple of generations.

Christianity did not call for the slaughter of anyone.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. There is nothing in anything Jesus has ever said that could be interpreted as violence towards nonbelievers. The same cannot be said of Muhammad.

As for Hitler draw your own conclusions:

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler%27s_religious_views

In public statements, especially at the beginning of his rule, Hitler frequently spoke positively about the Christian German culture, and his belief in the "Aryan" Christ. In a proclamation to the German Nation February 1, 1933 Hitler stated, "The National Government will regard it as its first and foremost duty to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and co-operation. It will preserve and defend those basic principles on which our nation has been built. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of national life."[7]

Historian Joachim Fest wrote, "Hitler knew, through the constant invocation of the God the Lord (German: Herrgott) or of providence (German: Vorsehung), to make the impression of a godly way of thought."[8] He used his "ability to simulate, even to potentially critical Church leaders, an image of a leader keen to uphold and protect Christianity," according to biographer Ian Kershaw. Kershaw adds that Hitler's ability also succeeded in appeasing possible Church resistance to anti-Christian Nazi Party radicals.[9] For example, on March 23, 1933, he addressed the Reichstag: "The National Government regards the two Christian confessions (i.e. Catholicism and Protestantism) as factors essential to the soul of the German people. ... We hold the spiritual forces of Christianity to be indispensable elements in the moral uplift of most of the German people."[10]

According to Hitler's chief architect Albert Speer, Hitler remained a formal member of the Catholic Church until his death, although it was Speer's opinion that "he had no real attachment to it."[11] According to biographer John Toland, Hitler was still "a member in good standing of the Church of Rome despite his detestation of its hierarchy, he carried within himself its teaching that the Jew was the killer of God. The extermination, therefore, could be done without a twinge of conscience since he was merely acting as the avenging hand of God — so long as it was done impersonally, without cruelty."[12] However, Hitler's own words from Mein Kampf seem to conflict with the idea that his antisemitism was religiously motivated. From childhood onward, Hitler seems to have continued to reject antisemitism or anti-Judaism based on religious arguments like the deicide claim:

There were very few Jews in Linz. In the course of centuries the Jews who lived there had become Europeanized in external appearance and were so much like other human beings that I even looked upon them as Germans. The reason why I did not then perceive the absurdity of such an illusion was that the only external mark which I recognized as distinguishing them from us was the practice of their strange religion. As I thought that they were persecuted on account of their Faith my aversion to hearing remarks against them grew almost into a feeling of abhorrence. I did not in the least suspect that there could be such a thing as a systematic anti-Semitism.

Then I came to Vienna.

Confused by the mass of impressions I received from the architectural surroundings and depressed by my own troubles, I did not at first distinguish between the different social strata of which the population of that mammoth city was composed. Although Vienna then had about two hundred thousand Jews among its population of two millions, I did not notice them. During the first weeks of my sojourn my eyes and my mind were unable to cope with the onrush of new ideas and values. Not until I gradually settled down to my surroundings, and the confused picture began to grow clearer, did I acquire a more discriminating view of my new world. And with that I came up against the Jewish problem.

I will not say that the manner in which I first became acquainted with it was particularly unpleasant for me. In the Jew I still saw only a man who was of a different religion, and therefore, on grounds of human tolerance, I was against the idea that he should be attacked because he had a different faith. And so I considered that the tone adopted by the anti-Semitic Press in Vienna was unworthy of the cultural traditions of a great people. The memory of certain events which happened in the Middle Ages came into my mind, and I felt that I should not like to see them repeated....[13]

According to historian Richard Steigmann-Gall, much is known about Hitler's views on religion through Hitler's book, Mein Kampf.[14] In Mein Kampf, Hitler wrote neither as an atheist, an agnostic, nor as a believer in a remote, rationalist divinity. Instead he expressed his belief in one providential, active, deity:

"What we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and the reproduction of our race...so that our people may mature for the fulfillment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe...Peoples that bastardize themselves, or let themselves be bastardized, sin against the will of eternal Providence."[14]

In an attempt to justify Nazi intolerance he recommends militantism, which he associates with Christianity's rise to Roman state religion, as a model for the Nazis in their pursuit of power, while simultaneously lamenting the demise of Pre-Christian Roman Religion,

The individual may establish with pain today that with the appearance of Christianity the first spiritual terror entered into the far freer ancient world, but he will not be able to contest the fact that since then the world has been afflicted and dominated by this coercion, and that coercion is broken only by coercion, and terror only by terror. Only then can a new state of affairs be constructively created. Political parties are inclined to compromises; philosophies never. Political parties even reckon with opponents; philosophies proclaim their infallibility. [15]

Elsewhere in Mein Kampf Hitler speaks of the "creator of the universe" and "eternal Providence." He also states his belief that the Aryan race was created by God, and that it would be a sin to dilute it through racial intermixing. Hitler writes:

The folkish-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfill God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. For God's will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will.[16]

According to Steigmann-Gall, Hitler's reference to God as the "Lord of Creation" and the necessity of obeying "His will" along with several references to Jesus, reveals the infusion of Christianity into his thinking. Other sources also show Hitler's Christian thinking, according to Steigmann-Gall. He notes an unpublished manuscript where Hitler sketched out his world-view with similar Christian references, and he gives as an example a speech on April 1922 where Hitler said that Jesus was "the true God." Finally, Steigmann-Gall gives another example where in a private Nazi meeting Hitler again stated the centrality of Jesus' teachings to the Nazi movement.[17]

Derek Hastings sees Hitler's commitment to Christianity as more tenuous. He considers it "eminently plausible" that Hitler was a believing Catholic as late as his trial in 1924, but writes that "there is little doubt that Hitler was a staunch opponent of Christianity throughout the duration of the Third Reich." [18]

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 05/27/11 10:51 PM

ALLAH AND JEHOVAH ARE THE SAME GUY.

I must respectfully disagree with you.

They are not the same...

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 05/27/11 10:45 PM

it just wasnt worded that way, thats all,,,it wasnt stated, if we got rid of ISLAM,,,,it was stated if there were no MUSLIMS

and I would suspect ISLAM is also responsible for encouraging many peaceful and loving people as well(contrary to popular insistence)

, so I wouldnt want to get rid of IT either

Ok,

How about we just cull out the really antisocial aspects of it? I can live with that! :smile:

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 05/27/11 10:32 PM

Don't the priests or bishops whip themselves sometimes to repent?? I so often see this in medieval movies. Do they still do this today funches? If so there is your answer to that. They do enjoy such treatment, but they do it to repent or be cleaned off sins they have done. Kind of a punishment onto themselves believing god is punishing them for their wrong doings.

priests whipping is one example how Christians use their religion as a way to abuse themselves and claim it to be Love...that's what I meant about how Christian Love provides no distintion or guidelines as to when the Love is abuse

and because it provide no guidelines is how Christians use their religion to abuse and threaten others not of their faith and call it Love

For Example:
this debate started because "mylifetoday" posted that there would only be peace if there were no muslims ...is that comment a sign of Christians Love or is it a sign of Christian Hate flown under the flag of Love

hmmm,,philosophy is interesting,,,,

if the doctor commits malpractice,,,is that a sign of a doctors 'hypocrtic oath' or is a sign of doctors incompetence disguised as medicine?

or is it the sign of someone who has been deemed a doctor and either willfully or accidentally fallen short of their obligations?

MsHarmony...as usual your analogies generally leave key points out of the equation....

for example....the doctor saying there would be no malpractice if there were no patients just as "mylifetoday" said that they can be no peace unless there were no muslims

great,, use that example then

if the doctor says there will be no malpractice without patients, is that a comment on medicine or 'doctors' , or is it a comment on how even medicine can be misused by some doctors? or is it just an example of one DOCTOR who willfully or accidentally was mistaken in his CHOICE?

once again MsHarmony your analogies have left another key part out of the equation...for example...if the doctor mention that without patients there would be no malpractice...then why are you leaving the patients out of your equations

,,,,,things that make you go hmmmmm? (but which in no way condemn medicine or religion at large)

what should be going hummmmmm is the fact that you've already commented on "mylifetoday" posts are being Muslim Hatred ....and I was just trying to make the point that his muslim hatred is flown under the flag of being Christian Love

I don't know how many times I have to say this...

I don't hate Muslims.

I see the truth of their religion - note: NOT beliefs as everyone's personal belief is different.

The truth I see is that Muhammad told his followers to convert at the tip of a sword and he lead an army that did just that. Convert or we kill you...

That isn't hate. That is pointing out what their religion says. Just as you think you are pointing out the failures in Christianity...

Do you hate Christians???? If you can honestly say no, then you understand how I feel about Muslims...

the issue is, muslims are HUMANS first, and we can no more determine what the SPECIFIC beliefs of over a billion different individuals will be than we can any group of a billion humans,, to advocate for the disappearance of such a large number of individuals doesnt SEEM exactly like brotherly love

I don't advocate the disappearance of them.

I advocate the end of their religion. That can happen without them going anywhere.

Similar to Funches trying to dissuade all from Christianity.

If I am guilty of the things Funches says - He is guilty of the same things towards Christians.

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 05/27/11 10:20 PM

Don't the priests or bishops whip themselves sometimes to repent?? I so often see this in medieval movies. Do they still do this today funches? If so there is your answer to that. They do enjoy such treatment, but they do it to repent or be cleaned off sins they have done. Kind of a punishment onto themselves believing god is punishing them for their wrong doings.

priests whipping is one example how Christians use their religion as a way to abuse themselves and claim it to be Love...that's what I meant about how Christian Love provides no distintion or guidelines as to when the Love is abuse

and because it provide no guidelines is how Christians use their religion to abuse and threaten others not of their faith and call it Love

For Example:
this debate started because "mylifetoday" posted that there would only be peace if there were no muslims ...is that comment a sign of Christians Love or is it a sign of Christian Hate flown under the flag of Love

hmmm,,philosophy is interesting,,,,

if the doctor commits malpractice,,,is that a sign of a doctors 'hypocrtic oath' or is a sign of doctors incompetence disguised as medicine?

or is it the sign of someone who has been deemed a doctor and either willfully or accidentally fallen short of their obligations?

MsHarmony...as usual your analogies generally leave key points out of the equation....

for example....the doctor saying there would be no malpractice if there were no patients just as "mylifetoday" said that they can be no peace unless there were no muslims

great,, use that example then

if the doctor says there will be no malpractice without patients, is that a comment on medicine or 'doctors' , or is it a comment on how even medicine can be misused by some doctors? or is it just an example of one DOCTOR who willfully or accidentally was mistaken in his CHOICE?

once again MsHarmony your analogies have left another key part out of the equation...for example...if the doctor mention that without patients there would be no malpractice...then why are you leaving the patients out of your equations

,,,,,things that make you go hmmmmm? (but which in no way condemn medicine or religion at large)

what should be going hummmmmm is the fact that you've already commented on "mylifetoday" posts are being Muslim Hatred ....and I was just trying to make the point that his muslim hatred is flown under the flag of being Christian Love

I don't know how many times I have to say this...

I don't hate Muslims.

I see the truth of their religion - note: NOT beliefs as everyone's personal belief is different.

The truth I see is that Muhammad told his followers to convert at the tip of a sword and he lead an army that did just that. Convert or we kill you...

That isn't hate. That is pointing out what their religion says. Just as you think you are pointing out the failures in Christianity...

Do you hate Christians???? If you can honestly say no, then you understand how I feel about Muslims...

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 05/27/11 07:16 PM
I am really heart broken right now.

Just dropped my son off with his mom.

Won't see him for another week... :cry:

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 05/27/11 04:45 AM
Dresses as a nun on Sunday to get a discount

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 05/27/11 03:58 AM
Her dancing shoes are combat boots! huh

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 05/27/11 03:41 AM
Shhhhh you're giving away our secrets! noway grumble grumble grumble

Wears my boxers when she dresses up for the evening. :tongue:

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 05/27/11 03:26 AM

the love of GOD CANT BE INSIDE THE HEART OF TWO PEOPLE OF THE SAME SEX ???????????

It is your life but more impotently your soul.

I believe you already know what you should do.

Sounds like you are looking for someone to tell you it is ok to do what you know you should not. If not, why did you ask the question?

Everyone gave you their beliefs on here. You haven't heard what you wanted yet and are looking for a loophole somewhere.

All I can say is, it is your life to live. You are the only one that has to live with your choices, both in this world and the next.

You are asking for permission to openly sin as a preacher of God's Word. That would be like a married Pastor openly having sex with another married woman and asking for everyone to accept it because they are in love.

"Don't criticize me for doing what I am. Oh, and listen to what I preach because I know the way to God."

If you can't see why that doesn't work as a Pastor ...

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 05/27/11 03:04 AM
Taking a Dr. Who break.

Currently: Phineas and Ferb. laugh

mylifetoday's photo
Fri 05/27/11 02:33 AM
Wishes to have a spell cast on her.

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 05/26/11 07:28 PM

older men are more fun ............

and less dramatic......WIN,WIN happy

Ah yes,

But drama can add a lot of spice when the story emerges in it's propped form. bigsmile flowerforyou

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 05/26/11 04:37 PM
Dr. Who
Season 2. Season 3 coming up.

My son and I are having DVD marathon. :smile:

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 05/26/11 02:04 AM

dang mylife....you just can't get a break, your soooo misunderstood.
:tongue:

laugh laugh laugh

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 05/26/11 02:01 AM
I thought about working out once - got tired - stopped thinking about it...

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 05/26/11 01:56 AM
essence of pearl

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 05/26/11 01:56 AM
Cumbersome