Community > Posts By > mylifetoday

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 05/29/11 03:15 AM
I agree Josie.

Love is a very short and simple word that covers a wide range of feelings from love of your child, to love of a brother to love for you lover.

Why do so many get hung up on it when talking with the opposite sex. It doesn't have to mean that you want to go to bed with them.

So, Josie: you are a great friend and I love you. drinker :heart: flowerforyou

Obviously if you love a friend for being a friend and they are uncomfortable with hearing that word from you, probably shouldn't say it then. :tongue:

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 05/29/11 03:06 AM
play

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 05/29/11 03:05 AM
rofl rofl rofl

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 05/29/11 02:57 AM
The Great Raid.

WWII drama based on actual events, the story of a daring rescue mission to liberate the Americans and Filipinos who've been captured by the Japanese and thrown into brutal POW camps in the city of Cabanatuan.

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 05/29/11 02:47 AM
pointless not purposeless

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 05/29/11 02:41 AM
You are just too nimble. I have to stop to catch my breath, then the croc reminds me he is there! shocked

Ties my shoes together when she sets the crocs out surprised

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 05/29/11 02:36 AM

Thats funny you bring this up....

I just got an email, from a georgous "23" year old man. When I told him I was "flattered", and "thank you" but he was too young for me..im 48, he sent me an email saying that "people that are older, judge younger people, by their age, and not their personality". I wrote back and told him I "was just telling the truth". I think he got his feelings hurt, but my gosh, hes like half my age.

What's your secret? I'd give anything to be contacted by some people half my age....!

shades

Now you wouldnt.

(No disrespect intended)...

but the minute they start to talk...
offtopic the fantasy ends.

Or the fact that they are younger than your childrenwhoa

Well in my case, that would just be creepy! He is only 12 right now. noway

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 05/29/11 02:33 AM

Are an elite few born to be geniuses, or does genius reside in each and every one of us?

Before I read other posts, I would like to write out my respose to your initial question...

When I hear (or read) the word "genius" I think of one who is gifted with an an uncommon intelligence in a subject(s) special to each of the individual genius. So, with using the word "gifted" I think of that which one is given without having to work hard to achieve, study to know, or keep trying to obtain.

(Someone who is intelligent, on the other hand, is one who is able to understand complexities, to put it simply.)

I do not believe that genius reside in each and every one of us. Here I will metion personality tests. I do not use personality tests as a matter-of-fact that one is exactly defined as a result from such a test tells him he is. Rather, from such tests I come to realize that the pool of geniuses is rather small while there are many people who can be identified as protectors and healers and artesian (for examples).

Could it be a Western thought, that each and every person have genius potential, running along the same line that you can be what ever you want to be, so long as you put your mindg to it and work hard?)

On the other hand, there is a possibility that I have yet to explore. What is one's environment has a role in molding a genius? I would have to research various geniuses and look back on their early lives and their influences. That is all I will say on this, although my hypothesis is that one's environment does not play a part in shaping a genius. To say that I would also need to mention that there may be a comparison of genius across cultures...

That sounds like a good doctoral thesis. flowerforyou

mylifetoday's photo
Sun 05/29/11 02:30 AM
I think there is a big misconception about romance these days.

The first thing that comes to my mind is dressing up for a 4 star diner followed by ballroom dancing and caped off with a walk by the pond under the stars.

But that is the Hollywood version. If you do that all the time, even that looses its luster.

Romance I think is nothing more than paying attention to the one you love. Seeing what they would like and surprising them with it before they ask. Doesn't have to be much. Sometimes just the right word at the right time is all it takes.

You just need to be in tune with your love. Then it is easy.

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 05/28/11 09:26 PM
Michael Jackson laugh laugh laugh

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 05/28/11 09:26 PM
Head them off

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 05/28/11 09:24 PM
Most do

If you were a woodchuck - how much wood would you require?

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 05/28/11 09:22 PM
vultures circling above

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 05/28/11 09:21 PM
Macaulay Culkin

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 05/28/11 09:20 PM

I'm thinking I finally got the belt for my car. I thought it was going to be around $50, but was less than $25. My neighbor is going to help me put it on tomorrow, he has the tools. I also talked to a friend who is now a foreman at an aluminum plant, he said he can get me a job and to stop in Tuesday.

Cool, good luck. Still looking myself... :smile:

Thanks, I don't know if you have a skilled trade or not, but you can look into apprenticeship programs, they're usually free, aside from a small application fee. Your local OneStop should have information on some of the ones near you. I'm going to get into an apprenticeship program for plumbing and pipefitting.

Thought about that. Not ready to bail on my primary goals yet. Thanks. drinker

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 05/28/11 09:17 PM
has a recipe book titled "To serve man." Best recipes ever found for cannibals...

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 05/28/11 09:11 PM
go around them

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 05/28/11 09:10 PM
home

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 05/28/11 09:09 PM
Chooses produce at the grocery store by biting them. Leaves lots of teeth marks in her wake.

mylifetoday's photo
Sat 05/28/11 09:07 PM
Friday, Party Time!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25