no photo
Sun 06/13/10 03:29 PM
I'll be damn..June 14 is Flag Day!!

and.... my birthday! :banana: bigsmile

no photo
Sun 06/13/10 03:24 PM

no photo
Sun 06/13/10 03:20 PM
You know the old saying, misery loves company. She's not interested in your opinion or what you have to say, she just wants a sounding board and someone to say "Poor you". I don't coddle people like that, that just keeps them coming back for more. Be honest and just tell her if she doesn't like...whatever the complaint of the moment is...tell her to change it or deal with it. Generally though, they are not willing to change. It's like a rut, literally their way of living, but if you are less sympathetic and more direct with her, she will not be getting the response she needs and will move on to another victim.

no photo
Sun 06/13/10 02:48 PM
Why do "they" have to be the one with something to 'chat' about. You can't come up with anything? It seems unfair. Apparently you have nothing to talk about either, and so it comes to a stalemate.

Exactly. A perfect response would be..

"Ha! I know what ya mean sometimes I get a little tongue tied when trying to talk to people...." and go from there, rather than being put off by their honest admission to struggling with what to say, give 'em break.

I don't get when someone emails me, then tells me they are not sure what to say. Why email someone if you're not sure what to say? It doesn't make sense. If I had nothing to say to someone, I wouldn't be emailing them in the first place. Then again, I expect people to read profiles. If they did that, they'd have a much better idea of how to start conversations.

Well, some guys are shy hon. It sounds to me like he already said he thinks your cute. Sometimes we just need a little push to get the ball rolling. He may be a safer bet than some well seasoned, smooth takin, club dwellin, city feller smokin

I agree, plus you are articulate and with the shyness makes it harder for them. Beleive it or not, in my teens and twenties I was more shy than not, so can understand this. Give them the benefit of the doubt if you like what you read from their profile..

:thumbsup:

no photo
Sun 06/13/10 01:01 PM

I don't get when someone emails me, then tells me they are not sure what to say. Why email someone if you're not sure what to say? It doesn't make sense. If I had nothing to say to someone, I wouldn't be emailing them in the first place. Then again, I expect people to read profiles. If they did that, they'd have a much better idea of how to start conversations.

Some folks have a hard time starting a conversation with someone. Some folks are afraid of rejection so don't get too invested right off the bat. Judging from the way some folks are treated for spelling incorrectly or saying what is deemed to be the 'wrong' thing, and all those other 'conditoins' folks place on others, they have reason to fear rejection. Expecting folks to adapt their behavior in an initial e-mail to our expectations is unfair to begin with, I think. Sometimes I think folks need to lighten up and give folks a chance.

*Edit*
How many times did I say 'folks' in this reply!! noway :tongue:

no photo
Sun 06/13/10 12:50 PM

I also worked with a guy who ran a 'snake n rooter' drain service. His recommendation was very hot water about 1 gallon with a cup of vinegar poured down the drain every month.

I do this, but before I put in the vinegar,I pour some baking soda in for the 'bubbling effect', then the vinegar, followed by hot water. I do this every couple of weeks, for the tub and sinks, and it seems to work great.

no photo
Sun 06/13/10 12:45 PM

no photo
Sun 06/13/10 12:34 PM

no photo
Sat 06/12/10 09:11 AM

I just asarted this whole dating site thing and my roommate started the same time I did. They already have tons of replys and people just tripping over themselves to get a word in. Me; I've sent out like thirty detailed messages and not even so much as a wink comes my direction. Am I ugly or something?

I think what you've written in your profile is great! :thumbsup: Maybe add another pic or two.

As far as nudges and e-mails, it's really a personal preference as to whether one likes to recieve them or not, so if you're comfortable sending them, by all means do so. They are features met to make connecting and communicating easier and a bit less awkward.

The forums are great way to get to know people and give them a chance to see what you're all about, so stick around and make some friends! flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 06/11/10 07:53 AM

no photo
Fri 06/04/10 06:46 AM
((((Mikey)))flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 06/04/10 06:28 AM

Hope everyone has a great weekend!flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 06/03/10 07:05 PM

Just spent another day alone... Well not completely alone I suppose, I've had the wonderful company of the two beautiful cats that I have to keep up in the room with me. Two cuddly cats, but other than that, I've been feeling rather down... :cry:

(((thayet153)))

no photo
Thu 06/03/10 06:29 PM
Depends on whose doin' the searchin. smokin

no photo
Thu 06/03/10 06:00 PM

flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 06/03/10 05:14 PM
I did reunite with someone from 25 years ago...it fizzled out pretty fast the second time around, we just weren't the same people. We stayed in touch until he got involved with someone else and I gracefully backed away. I still hear from some others once in a while, just checkin' in sorta thing. There's only one I don't hear from and don't wish to hear from again...yeah....karma can't rain down on his behind fast enough!noway

no photo
Thu 06/03/10 05:04 PM
flowerforyou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH476CxJxfg

no photo
Thu 06/03/10 04:47 PM

no photo
Thu 06/03/10 04:34 PM
You're welcome! Thank you sharing such a personal part of your life. I do feel the love you must have felt for her in your words, and I feel the loss you've been carrying with you. Keep your memories, just make some room for some new ones!flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 06/03/10 04:27 PM

Lex,

I have a better question for you. Instead of focusing on what others can offer, try thinking about what you want from them. I have had people come into my life bringing gifts I didn't even know I needed. Better or worse is so black and white don't you think?

The people that have come into your life have made it significantly worse? Really? They haven't taught you things? Opened your mind to different experience? Changed who you were or how you saw things?

Even my most painful experiences have taughte me things and made me a better me. Sometimes maybe that's all we get. And sometimes maybe the experience makes us better.

A world of black or white, better or worse, is to absolute and you really could miss the color.flowerforyou

:thumbsup: flowerforyou

There's a quote I love....

"We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace." Peggy Tabor Millin

I love this quote. Thank you.:smile: Now if we could all just remember to touch so gently as to leave a smile.

((Chrissy))