Community > Posts By > Kinnison

Kinnison's photo
Sun 07/13/08 09:54 AM
I'd like to kiss for the first time.... some day... I never had the luck to do so :(

Kinnison's photo
Thu 12/20/07 11:08 PM

I have no idea who Pat Robertson is.

He's that guy that ruins your moment of comedic elatedness after you watch Who's Line is it Anyway with the 700 Club airing directly after.

Anyway, I think you should educate yourself toward tolerance, dude... There shall be no ignorant acts of religion-bashing here.

(I haven't ever seen those shows. I am not American, you know!laugh Anyway it doesnt matter. No, I haven't read the Qu'ran but what I said is something I've heard from different people at different times and I thought it was true. Didn't mean to offend anyone. If it isn't true, then its for the best that it isnt. I always despised the idea that a religion could be promoting such views. Anyway lets not hijack this thread with this off-topic thing, I merely wanted to show that Christians dont have to be religionmongers. At least not in my part of the world.)

Kinnison's photo
Thu 12/20/07 01:49 AM

I can't help but think of hardcore Christians who have found God and spend every waking moment trying to convince others of their newfound beliefs.

I am being off topic but please refrain from this kind of stereotyping. I am an (orthodox) Christian and I am proud that our religion promotes respect, acceptance, understading and love for everyone no matter their ethnicity, religion, etc. First and foremost we are taught to respect the beliefs of others.

We may show what our religion is about ("love your fellow people and be kind to them") but whether or not they wish to believe in it, is a personal choice of each individual.

What you said reminded me more of Muslims - "Kill the infidels and you'll go to heaven" as their "Bible" , the Koran, mentions.

Wow, I'm with you about stereotyping christians then you lost me with your stereotype of Muslims. How about you actualy take time to read the Qu'ran (Koran is indonesian for newspaer) and then talk about Islam, the Qu'ran only justifies holy war against a group who is trying to attack Islam itself. So yeah, please go read the Qu'ran instead of believing everything Pat Robertson tells you;^[

I have no idea who Pat Robertson is.

Kinnison's photo
Tue 12/18/07 01:33 AM

I can't help but think of hardcore Christians who have found God and spend every waking moment trying to convince others of their newfound beliefs.

I am being off topic but please refrain from this kind of stereotyping. I am an (orthodox) Christian and I am proud that our religion promotes respect, acceptance, understading and love for everyone no matter their ethnicity, religion, etc. First and foremost we are taught to respect the beliefs of others.

We may show what our religion is about ("love your fellow people and be kind to them") but whether or not they wish to believe in it, is a personal choice of each individual.

What you said reminded me more of Muslims - "Kill the infidels and you'll go to heaven" as their "Bible" , the Koran, mentions.

Kinnison's photo
Thu 12/13/07 11:24 AM
I felt some very strong emotions for one person once in my life...

but I really don't know if that was love... or if there is such a thing.... I 've never been in a relationship after all.

Kinnison's photo
Thu 12/13/07 11:22 AM
Well I do beleive she needs you, and since you want her too, you should do everything you can to be with her. Try to make her stop feeling bad about herself and about her giving you trouble. Hopefully that will make things better for both of you.

And sometimes it feels like there should be more understanding and love/acceptance from the world in general towards singles.... or maybe its just me, and my own being single is a bias to my point of view.

Kinnison's photo
Thu 12/13/07 11:04 AM

so your advice for him, being that he can't think of anything to say is to think of 8 things at a time for him to say lol laugh

I prefer somewhat active dates rather than just sit at a bar. Especially on a first date cause there's a lot of pressure to think of things to say and keep things interesting. If I'm at a bar and there's a pool table I'll suggest we shoot some pool, that almost always leads to a "let's play for something" and then you can bounce betting ideas around. Or I'll ask if she people watches. Then we'll look around and find guys talking to girls and we'll role play the conversation.

If you go shopping with a girl you can always ask what they suggest in terms of cologne or shirts or whatever.

And don't think "what can I say that she'll find interesting?" to yourself the whole time, that's a lot of pressure. Instead try to bring her into a conversation about one of your interests something you know a lot about. Or ask about one of her activities and let her do most of the talking.

thats not bad advice, me thinks. The last paragraph in the PUA post should also be a helpful hint for you. I always get carried away and talk way too much when it is about something I know well. You should probably try to use that to help you.

Kinnison's photo
Thu 12/13/07 10:50 AM
I beat most of you in singleness though.. I've been single for a full 23 years!!!!!!! bigsmile

I did make an aquintance the other day and I hope there is something there but it looks like that person is unable to get back online at the moment (didnt show up on messenger and has not read my last mail)...

I dont have too high expectations especially because most people on here are from the other side of the planet... but it is still interesting and.. well who knows... if the One Person shows up... there is always airplanes... blushing

Kinnison's photo
Thu 12/13/07 10:22 AM
I always liked the sound of the electric guitar.. and at one point some friends gave me (an acoustic) guitar for my birthday so I am learning to play... in a way it is like a preparation for the electric. Although I dont spend much time in it and I dont know if I will get an electric one.

Maybe I would be more driven with an electric anyways.

I also like the sound of the violin. I would love to be able to play that. It seems just... perfect.

Kinnison's photo
Thu 12/13/07 10:07 AM
I get it aaallll the time. And in other sites too.frown

Kinnison's photo
Sun 12/09/07 09:01 AM
This all certainly sounds right to me, I agree fully with this... I suppose I'll read up on that pua techinics thingy :P

Kinnison's photo
Sat 12/08/07 10:48 AM

how hard is it to just walk up to someone you find attractive and ask if they would like to grab coffee or dinner? if it's meant to be then you really don't need a one liner or all those stupid rules and crap.

Ok thanks for explaining your view and I didnt mean to offend or anything. However it can be very hard to go up and talk to someone you like, especially for certain kinds of people ... I speak from experience... life-decimating kind of hard....

Kinnison's photo
Fri 12/07/07 01:15 AM
Edited by Kinnison on Fri 12/07/07 01:25 AM
Well too bad I live in Greece then:P And too bad there isnt any greek site like this one... you can actually share your thoughts here much more easily than in many real life social settings. People open up and share what they truly feel and believe, but they would often be reluctant to do so in real life. This is worth so much. Even if I cant use this to find someone interesting (not many people from my part of the world over here)it is still stimulating and apealing to me.

[This post got overly... huge! I wrote it as "it came" right out of my mind. It's entirely unedited but this my advice from heart for both singles and non-singles :) hope you agree/like this]

Those of you that find someone... appreciate him/her. Love everything about the person, love their faults, their weaknesses.. after all it is what makes as human. Don't forget that we often don't aprecciate what we have until we have lost it. So enjoy every moment with that special guy. Care about him as you care about yourself. Appreciate their interest in you and their feelings. Do your part to help the relationship grow.
Don't let your ego get the best of you! Try to put aside the bad things and look at the positives. Even if you eventually can't get along you will enjoy the experience with them more.

Be yourself and enjoy this bonding. Don't get too anxious about being a perfect person. Try, but its ok if you can't be perfect. No one is! That is a soothing thought.

If you are alone don't let it get you down (like it gets me down sometimes). Life is beautiful even if it gets lonely.
You dont have to feel lonely if you dont want to, actually. Learn to enjoy the little things in life. Watch a movie. Watch Amelie. A must-see movie for all of us loners out there. Think about the people who filmed it. They werent just doing their jobs, they put a little of their hearts in it. Because their feelings were a bit like yours. These people understood that loneliness can get to you, while it shouldnt. They all worked on it to help you see, that you can enjoy the little things in life. You are not alone. They did this for you. You have the love and understanding of all those people that have been there. They wouldnt want you to hurt. I wouldnt want you to hurt.

So take heed! Enjoy your moments with yourself. You have absolute freedom and that is one good thing about not having a partner. Go crazy!! Every piece of food and every drop of water or drink that you put in your mouth should be a festival, of enjoying life. Every step you take out the road proves your worth. Because you keep trying! Sing out loud the songs you like. No one will think you sound bad. Don't care about how you sound. Just let it all out! Don't stop trying! Try to find a thing means something to you. You can be anything you wish to. Someone once said, "There is no "I cannot". There is just "I don't want to"."

You are reading this so you have the internet. Exploit it! You can learn almost everything there is about almost anything. Did you ever wonder about how something works? You can know that! It's all out there waiting to be googled. Knowledge can make you happy. Read up on what Physics has to say about Comsology. You'll feel a sense of wonder!! Things that were science fiction in the first Star Wars movies are actually reallities today!! You live in a magical world. The miracles are all out there around you! There is an amazing wealth of knowledge waiting to be had. You have every right to be entusiastic about anything that you like! Love life! And love yourself as a part of life.

Enjoy your time and stop worrying about finding a mate. If you see someone you like approach them! Without worrying to much about it. Find a way to give them the gift of this happines, this enthusiasm you have gained about life. You dont need a lot of money, fame, or luck to be happy. Its OK if you are single. In fact you are a bold hero to stand against those who would want you believe that being single is a failure. Because there is absolutely nothing worng with it! Don't doubt yourself too much. Enjoy what you do! Your mind is your greatest strength. You can go anywhere, feel anything, meet anyone, be anyone with your mind. Your mind is a gift! Be happy and thankfull for it! Be you, be true!

Kinnison's photo
Fri 12/07/07 12:04 AM

summertyme...this spammer u refer 2 would beeee? _______

the post above yours abviously prooves all this topic is just a spamm attempt (funny though)

Kinnison's photo
Thu 12/06/07 11:55 PM

lame

while thats a beautiful photo in your avatar, I cannot say the same about the way you express yourself. You should at least have given a reason for your criticism.

There is a certain contradiction in all this. It advises us to be ourselves while telling as not to be ourselves. Or rather, change ourselves....

anyway many people will feel better by reading something like this. It helps give you "hope" that you can succeed in the flirting game, where you couldnt before. And if it gives you hop its good!

I dont exactly disagree with the content of the post itself. But it doesnt feel too right when you try to "loggicalise" and turn into rules and facts and math something as abstract and feeling related as attraction.

Still interesting advice though.