Community > Posts By > Curious9

Curious9's photo
Thu 10/25/07 01:05 PM
Bob, I took a look at your profile after reading this thread, and I have to say I find it very odd. It certainly has the feel of "trying too hard" (IMO) but then also you write in your profile this sentence:

"I am a big dog with no need to prove his machismo in a world of small dogs who think they have to get you all liquored up if they want to talk to you and eventually leave you in the bed of his pickup truck after a rather disappointing one-night stand."

On the one hand it seems like you're trying to build yourself up -- "I am a big dog" -- at the expense of all other men in the world -- "in a world of small dogs" -- and then you go on to insult women by implying they all drink to excess and have one-night stands.

And your numerous references on this thread to "I don't want to have to buy a woman a drink", "get her all liquored up", etc. etc. is very peculiar. Are you a teetotaler? Are you cheap? Are you bitter because you feel like you spent money on someone who didn't (a) appreciate it, or (b) deserve it? You've got a chip on your shoulder about something!

Lastly, there is a phrase that I have found useful to know and it's this: "The common denominator in all my relationships is me". How are your other relationships? at work, personal life, family, etc.? Are they good?

Curious9's photo
Wed 10/24/07 09:47 AM
the other thing is, why ask for the flaws now? Believe me, you'll discover 'em soon enough!

Also, what one person sees as a flaw, another might see as a great quality. So ... it's all relative, really :wink:

Curious9's photo
Wed 10/24/07 09:03 AM
I don't know about you but I hate endless emailing. If I really sense a connection, (which is not often) I want to get to the phone as soon as possible to talk. I've experienced too many times, having wonderful email relationships that go on for a while, and then the minute I talked to the person on the phone I'd think, "what happened to that great guy who emailed me?"

So much gets lost communicating by email only. Plus, I really like to hear what the person's voice sounds like. Let's face it, if they have a terrible sounding voice, or one that sounds terrible to me, am I going to want to be in a relationship with them? What if the guy is a "high-talker" like on Seinfeld?! noway laugh

Curious9's photo
Tue 10/23/07 03:24 PM
Tonyat, I agree with you completely! I don't like chasing guys online or off. Well, let me rephrase that: I'm perfectly happy to chase guys if they want me to! I mean, if they're happy I'm chasin' 'em and not put off by it.

But more often than not, I find they don't like it. No matter that it's 2007, no matter all the sexual/social/political changes in the world, I think guys still prefer to be the ones who "hunt". If we do the hunting, what are they left to do?

Okay, no need to get graphic here laugh but I don't like being the one to initiate contact. It's never worked out. Never!

Curious9's photo
Tue 10/23/07 07:45 AM
Hi Florida man, you're a cutie! flowerforyou

Curious9's photo
Mon 10/22/07 07:05 AM
lilbug and tsw, I agree with you both! And that's why I posted this thread. What's the point of Mutual Match if all we do is get matched with people and nobody WRITES anybody?! explode :cry: embarassed

Curious9's photo
Fri 10/19/07 07:54 AM
Paris ! happy

Curious9's photo
Fri 10/19/07 07:52 AM
Ocean Seeker, there's more info on how Mutual Match works; look for the other threads in Community. You have to do some searching yourself; click Search and then Mutual Match and then vote yes or no or maybe and whoever's voted yes/maybe to you, and you to them, then show up as Mutual Matches on your page. I get the emails too, and didn't understand how it worked at all at first! Now I know how it works, but nobody's corresponding :cry:

Curious9's photo
Fri 10/19/07 06:58 AM
Okay, puffins and LLh, maybe I'll start writing people. I -- it's so confusing now, isn't it? I think men don't know what to do and we don't know what to do and so nobody does anything! noway

Curious9's photo
Thu 10/18/07 02:09 PM
You guys are right, yes, I guess I could email them. I just kind of like it when a guy approaches me first and my experience has shown they prefer it too embarassed

Curious9's photo
Thu 10/18/07 11:38 AM
This is a great quote from a great book. Thanks for the reminder flowerforyou

Curious9's photo
Thu 10/18/07 08:08 AM
Xavier, at least you're writing her! I've gotten matched with all these guys who don't write me! WTH?!

Curious9's photo
Thu 10/18/07 08:07 AM
Mac, I think you must be right. I don't think I'm being haphazard when I check "yes" or "maybe"; I actually do read what the person has to say. I just find it odd that no one writes anybody! Maybe people are just here for grins and don't actually want to meet anyone! grumble

Curious9's photo
Thu 10/18/07 07:57 AM
This post literally made me LOL laugh laugh laugh

Curious9's photo
Thu 10/18/07 07:44 AM
Welcome Xavier, you adorable thing you love

Curious9's photo
Thu 10/18/07 07:42 AM
Xavier, you are cute and I love your profile and I wish I weren't more than twice your age LOL flowerforyou

Curious9's photo
Wed 10/17/07 09:09 AM
280 people on their Friends list, I love it noway

Well, as long as it's not just me, at least I have company with this thing! I still think it's odd. Everyday I check in and see those ol' Mutual Matches, just starin' at me, and nobody writin' nobody. Well, as my dad used to say, "Hell's bells!"

(Can I say "hell" on here?!) yawn

Curious9's photo
Wed 10/17/07 08:08 AM
MM Cyber Space, that's it! laugh They're orbiting bigsmile

Curious9's photo
Wed 10/17/07 07:18 AM
Hi everybody, thanks for all the replies and points of view happy

Maybe if I hang out on the boards and chat all day .... but ... um ... my boss wouldn't go for that :angry:

It is funny, tho. Maybe I'll try writing some more guys. I just haven't found that working very well. I suppose I'd get responses if I changed my profile to say I'm looking for Intimate Encounters LOL glasses

Curious9's photo
Tue 10/16/07 04:53 PM
noway Okay, teddybear, thanks, guess I'll go off and cry me a river now, sigh sad grumble