Community > Posts By > @blrguy74

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 09/14/18 05:38 AM
This (the topic starter) is the only post the OP has ever made on the forum, no response to the many replies. The only post invites private messages right away. A web search for the first line of text in the profile lands on "Tatiana from Kiev, Ukraine" ...

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 09/07/18 08:47 AM

Without Word, there is no Existence.

CHALLENGE IT!

Perhaps you'd be so kind as to define the terms.

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 09/07/18 08:16 AM
Edited by @blrguy74 on Fri 09/07/18 08:26 AM
(biting off only as much i could possibly chew ...)

No thing can exist unless it is perceivable. Neither Life nor anything else, can 'be' unless it is identifiable in some way.
My “word-tool”, (the ‘human grunt-offspring’), identifies the object I am seeing, as ‘chair’. In general terms, I “agree” - (following an earlier period of indoctrination!) - to define what I generally perceive/sense….as “REALITY”.
Without Word, there can be neither ‘chair’ nor anything else. To assert that “Existence”, (i.e., ‘chair’), is around in any case, begs this question: “but what proves that the chair is/was there if ‘homo sapiens’ is not?” Mind you, if you dare[!] to propose that ‘Word’ was around before “the big bang”, (or any other ‘kick-off hypothesis’), you’ll have to ask, ‘then who or what was doing the talking at the time?’!
Whatever I accept as being, is and remains so, for as long as I am able to think it.

Assuming you literally mean "word" there: Imagine - I and my dog, while walking on the street, are being chased by a bull, I'm pretty sure my dog would react to the chasing by running (as I would) or barking at the bull. All in all, the bull seems to share my reality about the existence of my dog (also of himself and myself ) and the dog seems to share my reality about the existence of the bull (again, also of himself and myself). Heck, we all seem to share the same reality that each of us exist and are in our particular states of motion in similar or different directions. Does this mean Canis Lupus Familiaris and Bos Taurus have Words of their own for the shared realities and perhaps those not shared as well?

Also, is this any different from what is generally called solipsism ?

Now the thought of whether the stray dogs barking on the streets are discussing this same question and wondering about whether Homo Sapiens might have words for things of interest, like bones and shoes ... that might keep me awake tonight more than their barking itself usually does.

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 09/07/18 07:56 AM
Edited by @blrguy74 on Fri 09/07/18 07:59 AM
a simple web search for the first sentence land only on the LinkedIn page of one Keith perreur-lloyd. if this is plagiarism, this poster is impersonating that person in full and so yeah, all those polite replies would be justified.
slaphead

@blrguy74's photo
Tue 09/04/18 09:52 PM
can't do it on app, you have to login to the web site

@blrguy74's photo
Mon 09/03/18 07:00 AM

Mingle2 doesn't have chat rooms, only forums. The forums are rated PG13.

The mingle2 app has chat rooms, there seems to be no way of contacting anyone who is in charge of them.

@blrguy74's photo
Sun 09/02/18 08:20 PM
looks like you're talking about the option you see in the app (can't see the option on the website). it does say there that it will hide you from every one - nobody can see you and you can't see anyone either.

maybe you could ask someone you've already messaged to help test it - e.g. you message them when you've turned it on and off, they can check your profile at that time and tell you what they could see.

@blrguy74's photo
Sun 09/02/18 09:24 AM
laugh

"damn, another self-proclaimed artist on the sidewalk"

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 08/31/18 04:41 AM

agreed.

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 08/31/18 03:52 AM
laugh

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 08/31/18 03:02 AM
why did the cheetah cross the road?

because it saw a zebra crossing.

@blrguy74's photo
Thu 08/30/18 01:43 AM

what kind of beans are magic?

the kind that talk ... remember "jack and the beans talk"?

@blrguy74's photo
Wed 08/29/18 10:58 PM
well hello there

@blrguy74's photo
Wed 08/29/18 10:17 PM
cocoa

@blrguy74's photo
Wed 08/29/18 10:03 PM
Edited by @blrguy74 on Wed 08/29/18 10:08 PM
testing whether html code works for <a href=http://www.mingle2.com>link</a>, in app, as BB codes don't

... well, no.

@blrguy74's photo
Mon 08/27/18 07:38 PM
cwm

@blrguy74's photo
Sat 08/25/18 07:03 AM
there's an android text/voice/video chat app called LINE that doesn't need sharing phone numbers, like kik and many others.

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 08/24/18 07:46 AM
Edit profile -> General

There's a text box for username that you can edit and save.

1 2 3 4 6 Next