Community > Posts By > @blrguy74

@blrguy74's photo
Sun 09/01/19 07:04 AM
they are not triangles, they are sectors (of the circle).

who knew forgetting middle school geometry would deprive one of the understanding of women.

@blrguy74's photo
Sun 09/01/19 06:27 AM
i'm back.

@blrguy74's photo
Sun 09/01/19 02:19 AM
Edited by @blrguy74 on Sun 09/01/19 02:21 AM
perhaps you are referring to this vsauce video

@blrguy74's photo
Sat 08/31/19 11:03 PM
there was another joke that ends with "hope in soul vs soap ...", wonder if this is the answer here too

@blrguy74's photo
Sat 08/31/19 08:04 PM
a crowd pleaser vs a croc on the prowl?

one is hunting for praise ...

@blrguy74's photo
Sat 08/31/19 12:16 AM

Hahaha nice..Atheism is not a Belief ..bro ..

Well spoken. If atheism were a belief then "bald" would be a colour of hair and "off" would be a TV-channel.....

Atheism is the lack of any belief and has got nothing to do with abiogenesis (the origin of life).

so you're saying atheism is a religion for bald people who keep the tv off ? ok.

just kidding :P

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 08/30/19 09:53 PM
(seen on youtube)

bottle of dead batteries that don't cost a paisa

... they're free of charge.

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 08/30/19 09:45 PM

From what I can see from the exalted vantage of my age, atheism just seems like another religion. I maintain the existence of God (or gods even), what happens when you die, is intrinsically unknowable. Religions say you have to have faith, meaning believe without evidence. Lacking evidence, agnosticism seems the only reasonable position. Nobody knows and those who claim to are delusional.

I know it's an old thread but things aren't so hot here anyway.

Now you're lumping together two different sets of people - those that say that they know there are no gods and those that say "what is the question? and how do those guys claim to know the answer one way or the other?". And then you (agnostics in general, perhaps) claim to know that the answer is unknowable (how do you know that?). So the agnostics (or maybe only you) are doing the same thing that the thread starter says the "people in religion" are doing ...

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 08/30/19 09:00 PM
one easy way is to get married and wait. sooner or later you'll have an unsatisfied wife. maybe you're lucky enough that you won't have to wait.

@blrguy74's photo
Thu 08/29/19 07:51 PM
Edited by @blrguy74 on Thu 08/29/19 08:07 PM
why can't a leopard change his spots ?

he's no cheetah ...

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 08/23/19 09:40 PM

... Both sides have to explain a 'beginning' because it is our mortal wisdom telling us that everything must have one, which requires there to be a 'nothing' that preceded it ...

(pointing the obvious out ...)
'beginning', 'everything, 'nothing' etc are only terms created and used for our convenience in everyday life and some more.

at least on the materialist side of things:
spatial and temporal boundaries for things and events are mostly defined by humans for convenience of understanding and transacting. a "beginning" is simply the transition of some matter and/or energy from some system/state to another (or between energy and matter). so, to that extent, the idea of "beginning" itself is questionable.

and then there is "nothing" ...

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 03/15/19 06:14 AM
oh, another one ...

The Dalai Lama walks up to a pizza counter at the food court and says
"Make me one with everything".

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 03/15/19 06:11 AM

My oldest nephew has a t-shirt that says “Never trust an atom, they make up everything”.laugh

@blrguy74's photo
Wed 01/30/19 08:36 AM

my uncle married my ant.

those aunts will bite any bear uncles ... so wear socks when hiking.

@blrguy74's photo
Sat 01/12/19 05:32 AM

Your English is difficult to understand.

"People in religion, especially the radicals, are never able to differentiate between atheists and agnostics"

Kind of pathetic and sad

Perhaps it simply shows that they just want everyone to agree with them (or obey them).

BTW, if they were able to differentiate between atheists and agnostics, what would be better?

@blrguy74's photo
Thu 11/08/18 06:13 AM

It's amazing how many of these guys don't even know the OP has deactivated....laugh

on a topic like this, replies can keep pouring in years after the original post. that said ...

on some sites, forums indicate a user's status/details through some means (e.g. different colors for active and inactive usernames, "a/s/l" in a hover popup etc). here, one has to check the user's profile for status - which may change in a day or less, so - repeatedly.

@blrguy74's photo
Tue 11/06/18 06:55 PM
perfect, this topic reminds me of the "thread killers" topic.

why did the cheetah cross the road?

because he saw a zebra crossing.

why is the leopard shy ?

he keeps going from one spot to the other to prove them wrong ...

@blrguy74's photo
Mon 10/29/18 08:18 AM
- the less they know you, the better your chances of getting some
- works way better as an excuse to visit the new neighbor
- your parents want you to do it and even dress you up for it

@blrguy74's photo
Mon 10/29/18 07:50 AM
You can tune a piano but you cant TUN A FISH!

they can tuna fish.

@blrguy74's photo
Fri 09/28/18 10:07 AM
Edited by @blrguy74 on Fri 09/28/18 10:10 AM
Almost 50% score