someone, even if I am not interested. It's
the right thing to do. Perhpas that's my
first mistake; people don't seem to know
right from wrong anymore. indifferent

OR....
Sheer volume keeps you from replying.
Nudges=200 a month
Views=1030 per month
Friend Requests=100 per month (with 200 backed up)
Email=100-200 per DAY.

Replying to all would be impossible.
No reply, IS a reply.

Not when your on the receiving end it's not. It's aggravating.

Ravenli68's photo
Sun 12/11/11 07:54 AM
I can't stand it. It only takes a few seconds to reply "no thank you". I always reply to someone, even if I am not interested. It's the right thing to do. Perhpas that's my first mistake; people don't seem to know right from wrong anymore. indifferent

Thanks for the replys everyone. I read a profile on another site that said it was desperate for a woman to answer a man's profile first. I thought that was rather sexist, so I wanted to get some opinions. Thank god this is NOT the 1400s and I totally agree that driving by a man's house to see if he's home is VERY desperate. I have answered first (on this site and others), but have gotten no reply's, which is very discouraging, so I wanted to see if maybe that was the reason.

It seems you have experienced what nearly every man on these sites have experienced at one time or another (no reply). It seems the accepted norm by both sexes that it is easier to ignore any initial contact by someone they are not interested in than trying to tactfully say they are not interested. As for the appearence of being desperate, I wouldn't sweat it. We are all on here hoping to meet somebody. Making the first move, rather than hoping somebody else will, can be the difference between being successful and wondering why you remain single.

Ravenli68's photo
Sat 12/10/11 08:07 PM
Me too; however, I tend to get a little impatient so I will initiate contact. I couldn't initiate contact in person though; I am too embarrassed. It's much easier, and safer, to do it here.

Like I said, from previous threads about the same topic, many men have said they like when women make the first move. Some even say they never make the first move.

I think there are several women here, though, who don't make the first move ever and absolutely prefer men to do so.

I Absolutely agree...

Ravenli68's photo
Sat 12/10/11 07:59 AM
Thanks for the replys everyone. I read a profile on another site that said it was desperate for a woman to answer a man's profile first. I thought that was rather sexist, so I wanted to get some opinions. Thank god this is NOT the 1400s and I totally agree that driving by a man's house to see if he's home is VERY desperate. I have answered first (on this site and others), but have gotten no reply's, which is very discouraging, so I wanted to see if maybe that was the reason.

Ravenli68's photo
Fri 12/09/11 10:42 PM
Is it considered desperate for a woman to make the first move and contact you first?

Ravenli68's photo
Sat 12/03/11 08:56 PM
I live in Fort Myers.

Ravenli68's photo
Sat 12/03/11 08:55 PM

I appreciate the offer, but I figured it out.

Once I figure out how to crop pictures, I will. Is my profile hostile?

If you want, I'll crop them for you. If you want me to do it, send me a mail on here and I'll give you my personal email address so that you can send them to me.

Ravenli68's photo
Sat 12/03/11 08:54 PM
Finally, someone who understands what I am trying to say! Thank you.

No your profile isn't hostile and I love your new pic. IMO, you don't deserve the harsh comments - if certain things needed to be said, I'm sure that was a better way of expressing them...don't give up.

If you really want to meet people and get noticed, participate in the forums..let people know who you are and what you're about and don't let the negativity get you down.

Ravenli68's photo
Sat 12/03/11 08:32 AM

Ravenli68's photo
Fri 12/02/11 10:08 PM
I would be sitting right next to you watching the game. How would that be?

Ravenli68's photo
Fri 12/02/11 10:01 PM
I can take constructive criticism; that is not the problem. Those words would have been hurtful no matter who it was from. It is the way it was delivered that is the problem, not the information. There are ways to deliver criticism WITHOUT hurting someone or coming across as harsh. I'm a teacher; I do it ALL the time. I would love to hear comments from a man, but none have responded.

My nephew was about 14 at the time. I think you can tell he is a child in this picture. I don't know how to crop a picture, or make it larger. What program can I use?

Ravenli68's photo
Thu 12/01/11 06:27 PM
I know you are trying to help, but I find your comments harsh, rude and insulting. The "crotch from the end" is my Mother and "the guy" is my nephew. I'm not hiding behind anything; I do love dogs, so I am showing mine off.

Ravenli68's photo
Wed 11/30/11 05:41 PM
Single

Ravenli68's photo
Wed 11/30/11 05:39 PM
Thank you!

Ravenli68's photo
Wed 11/30/11 04:42 AM
I appreciate the comments. I have edited my profile. What do you think now?

Ravenli68's photo
Tue 11/29/11 05:55 PM
I agree. You need to put some details about you and what you are looking for. Don't put too much though, you want to leave us interested!

Good luck.

Ravenli68's photo
Tue 11/29/11 05:38 PM
I've been on here a little while, but I wanted to know what all of you think of my profile. Not having much success here either, getting rejected or ignored is pretty hurtful, however, no other way to meet people than online. :cry:

Ravenli68's photo
Sun 11/27/11 09:23 AM
I LOOOOVEE this show! It is so well written and well cast. This past episode (Episode 10) was INCREDIBLE. Alex O'loughlin is an incredible actor. If you thought his role as the Unsub in Criminal Minds was good, you should check out his performance in a movie called "Feed". He was PHENOMINAL in it! He plays one HELL of a bad guy.

Ravenli68's photo
Sun 11/27/11 09:17 AM
Would you go for a midnight swim with me?

Ravenli68's photo
Fri 11/25/11 10:01 PM
Sure would.

Would you go to the beach and watch the sunset with me?

Previous 1