Community > Posts By > WallyWest

WallyWest's photo
Mon 11/08/10 03:13 PM
OkCupid is the only other online dating site that has tickled my fancy as well.

LexFonteyne: Does eHarmony even do man-man & woman-woman matching?

WallyWest's photo
Mon 11/08/10 01:23 PM
So what meaning (if any) is in your screen name? Why did you pick that to be your screen name?

WallyWest's photo
Mon 11/08/10 01:21 PM
Ahoy. I am new here and would enjoy hearing a cute joke. Anyone think they can make me laugh?

WallyWest's photo
Mon 11/08/10 01:20 PM
"It's only crush. It'll go away. It's just like all the others. It'll go away."
-She Wants Revenge (Tear you Apart)

A crush is just another form of romantic attraction and could always lead to love or something else? Why not give it a go?

WallyWest's photo
Mon 11/08/10 01:16 PM
I feel as if the parents should respect the child's decisions for a romantic partner regardless of the situation. The parent cannot control the child's emotions and romantic impulses, and the child should develop their romantic philosophy empirically since no one else has yet to develop one logically.

WallyWest's photo
Mon 11/08/10 01:13 PM
I do not think I am partial to the idea of Karma, for in Hinduism Karma tends to set up this unjust caste system. For example, if my job is to clean fecal matter off of the walls in a bathroom, then a CEO (or other upper-class member of society) would claim that my placement in life remains poor, due to the bad actions I made in another life.

On the other hand, Karma encourages people to pursue moral and ethical actions as opposed to unjust actions, which is always a plus.

WallyWest's photo
Mon 11/08/10 01:07 PM
I typically thought that people show who they really are when things in their life start to go wrong, but I may be wrong. Knowing someone can only go so far, since you can never empirically have a complete understanding of they think. Ask lots of questions though that usually helps me.

Ladylid: What's the law of attraction? Heh.

WallyWest's photo
Mon 11/08/10 01:03 PM
Kantian Ethics for the win. Never treat anyone as a means to an ends, all human life is equal.

WallyWest's photo
Mon 11/08/10 01:00 PM
My first online dating site was actually eHarmony as well. I remember sitting in my den one night, sipping on a nice micbrobrew, and an advertisement came on the tele for eHarmony. I mentioned to a friend how everyone on those sites appeared to be so bloody happy, and my friend told me I should try it out for a few laughs. I only had 4-6 matches, but ended up meeting one of them for a few dates/shenanigans. The eHarmony lass was knock out gorgeous, but rather dull. I never got a new match for eHarmony too. Paying for an online dating site just seems ridiculous to me.

1 3 Next