Community > Posts By > BrooklynDeluxe

BrooklynDeluxe's photo
Sun 06/01/08 03:31 PM
I like Mick Jagger's "God Gave Me Everything I Want" :D

BrooklynDeluxe's photo
Sun 06/01/08 03:28 PM
Tribo: this is not really a democratic country :P
people have extremely limited (and delusional) choice of who is in the office (two parties? this is joke! - what if you don't like either of them?). It's a closed club of people who set the rules for themselves and there is no control over them.
But, at least there are people, who are not afraid to say it aloud!

some time ago I witnessed a group of people who were demonstrating at Union Square. They were carrying large signs asking to investigate the 9/11 - and you know what is funny? There were these two guys running around them and shouting: "This is not true! The evidence is clear!" - I understand there is a freedom of speach, but... you know? the way these guys were doing it - it looked exactly like these guys were trying to cover everything up and discredit the manifesters. I had a gut feeling these guys were sent out to scare these protesting people.
I have never believed in any conspiracy theories, but what is happening here makes me wonder: What if ....

Anyway, I'm happy that this is not my country and I neither should nor I'm obliged to care about it.

BrooklynDeluxe's photo
Thu 03/20/08 06:37 PM
Fabulous! :D

BrooklynDeluxe's photo
Thu 03/20/08 06:29 PM
that "personal space" line is a killer :D
Everything is fine as long as you think it is :D

BrooklynDeluxe's photo
Fri 02/29/08 06:37 PM
Edited by BrooklynDeluxe on Fri 02/29/08 06:38 PM
I think that every religion is trying to explain unexplainable. The reason why have so many of them is just the variety of ways people tried to explain this what is beyond them - faith.
If you understand - you will have faith. If you don't - you just worship - as good as talking to a stone or a cross - it's just an object.
If you don't understand you will die for your religion.
If you DO understand, you will live with faith.

If you look closer, you will notice that
Every religion is flawed, because it's based on how humans perceive the notion of God and try to explain it to others.
If you don't understand, you will continue to argue which religion is better or worse, hard to understand or easy to follow.
But you will miss what matters.

BrooklynDeluxe's photo
Mon 01/28/08 11:38 PM
Mick Jagger's: God Gave Me Everything I Want ;]

BrooklynDeluxe's photo
Mon 11/05/07 08:50 PM
If a woman cannot accept you it simply means she's not for you and you're not for her. Never try convince/rationalize her. It applies to most situations, including yours.
there is nothing wrong with living with parents (unless you are over 30 ;-)

BrooklynDeluxe's photo
Sun 10/28/07 09:21 AM
That's really important:
alcohol and painkillers combo - restrain from it at all costs!
Toxins from alcohol digestion are a huge load to your liver and taking painkillers you make it overload and damage the liver.
Drink healthy.

BrooklynDeluxe's photo
Sun 10/28/07 09:12 AM
some polish hints:
* eat well before you drink (heavy, fatty food helps alcohol to be absorbed slower. Don't worry about your shape, it's still much healthier than drinking on empty stomach)
* try not mixing alcohols (and don't smoke weed or you might pass out)
* if you are drinking vodka, go for the best brands (which are distilled couple more times)
* have a beer ready for the morning if your head is killing you
* for stomach-ache try kefir (cultured milk)

In Poland we have special pills that you take couple hours BEFORE drinking that boost alcohol metabolism. I'm not sure if they sell something similar here in the US.

And of course know your limits. You cannot beat Polish, Russian or Finnish :D
Happy drinking! :D