Community > Posts By > Empirion

Empirion's photo
Mon 05/21/18 05:54 PM
Fun!

Empirion's photo
Mon 05/21/18 03:26 PM

Im guessing youre a little soar huh slick

I'm guessing you didn't pass your GED exam.

Empirion's photo
Mon 05/21/18 03:24 PM
Interpreting and misinterpreting are two different things. The one in which you engage is quite obviously, as shown above, misinterpreting.

Empirion's photo
Mon 05/21/18 03:19 PM
wow, im not the one whining like some mortadella about women in general am I ?

Well let's review. From page 10:

I think you're generalizing Empirion. Its not women in general

generalization particularly hasty generalization are an example of...

Im not confusing stereotyping and generalization, I gave you an example of generalization...

Women in general

well I guess when I read Women in general I believe he is talking about all women

If I said Sicilians in general are always scheming...

That's just your posts from a single page. My posts on page 10 = 0. So to answer your question, yes. You're the one whining like some mortadella about women in general.

Empirion's photo
Mon 05/21/18 03:06 PM
Edited by Empirion on Mon 05/21/18 03:09 PM
I've noticed women, in general...

well I guess when I read Women in general I believe he is talking about all women

If I had meant all women, I would have said all women. I didn't say that though. I quite purposefully said in general.

I know you didn't say all women... but it also can be interpreted as you mean all women

Empirion's photo
Mon 05/21/18 02:12 PM

Perhaps, and especially on message boards where you cannot see nonverbal expressions or hear voice inflection, it's best to take someone's words at face value.

If I had meant all women, I would have said all women. I didn't say that though. I quite purposefully said in general.

In general, reading a more polarizing meaning into a simple statement is something akin to the female gender and less to the male gender. So quit acting like a girl.

Empirion's photo
Sun 05/20/18 06:20 AM
I've noticed women, in general, keep track of how much a man spends on a date. Then they use that information to make judgments. Making it worse, women have varying scales by which they make these judgments. While one woman might think you're careless with your money, another may be flattered you spent the money on her.

I keep the dates simple until I understand who she is and how much I really like her. Then the sky's the limit.

Empirion's photo
Thu 05/17/18 07:05 AM
I'd like to have someone to do things with. There's been a few shows in town recently that would be wonderful to take a companion to and create a memory with.

Empirion's photo
Mon 05/14/18 06:15 AM
Edited by Empirion on Mon 05/14/18 06:16 AM

He may have had an eye patch but it sounds like you were wearing blinders.

clever. I feel like when others might initially take note of the outside, I took more notice of the character. Do you realize your eyes take in EVERYTHING but our mind does not consciously take note of each detail the eye takes in. My eyes had to have seen the patch but my brain chose not to make any significant connections about it.

You seem to want to excuse yourself for not noticing the obvious.

Evaluating someone's character does not make it okay to be completely devoid of processing other obvious attributes.

If you did that to me, I'd constantly be wondering how many things you're missing in life.

Empirion's photo
Sat 05/12/18 02:56 PM
After you select the age range, try this: Click the search button.

Empirion's photo
Sat 05/12/18 10:59 AM
If she doesn't have daddy issues, I move on. It's a numbers game.

Empirion's photo
Sat 05/12/18 10:57 AM
He may have had an eye patch but it sounds like you were wearing blinders.

Empirion's photo
Fri 05/11/18 09:57 PM

Ok let’s start with an on line scenario:

We both signed up in the same dating app. You checked out my profile then I checked out your account too blushing we post in the forums and at a distance we observe how each other is by the way we express our thoughts and by the way we communicate with others. We got more interested and one of us sends that first message which later turned out to be the start of so many more. Days go by we like each other even more we start to feel that elusive connection we both yearn for. Then suddenly messaging wasn’t enough we wanted to see each other and video was the next step. Gosh we liked each other even more . What we saw just made the attraction even better. We admit to each other that we like each other more. Then video chat would later on not suffice anymore. We want the real thing , yearn for the real thing.

So my question goes:
Dear mingle men.....when and how do you know that what you feel is the real thing already when you haven’t even met the girl personally? Is there a time frame that makes you realise yes she is the one? When do you realise it’s more than infatuation? Do you sort of do a test to know your true feelings and hers too? Is there a certain level of love that you feel that makes you want to be serious with a girl and would want to spend happily ever after? Basically these questions are about the on line stuff which I know is quite different from the real world. I would appreciate your opinions and personal experiences without any judgements.

Thank you all in advance flowerforyou

It's very easy to get caught up in those feelings. You think they are real and in a sense they are. However, they are coming from inside you, not from the other person.

Do not let those feelings, which you want to have and enjoy, impair your judgment, cuz they will if you let them. You want them so much that it's easy to have your thought process manipulated by your own heart.

Continue on with your life as normal until the other person proves beyond the shadow of any doubt that they are feeling the same way and that they are a keeper, which cannot happen via video chat alone. Let them come to you and prove themselves.

Otherwise, all you're really doing is setting yourself up for a heartbreak before anything truly real or significant has ever happened.

Empirion's photo
Fri 05/11/18 09:28 PM
Who cares what the other bar patrons think. If you want to go to the bar alone, then go to the bar alone. Any judgment someone else makes about that is their own issue.

Empirion's photo
Fri 05/11/18 09:05 PM
it's nice to focus on someone's spirit as opposed to their looks but there should be balance. Not even noticing something so apparent such as an eye patch would tell me that you aren't very observant. That's a big cause for concern.