Community > Posts By > Cheddar_2

Cheddar_2's photo
Tue 04/01/08 09:32 AM
I think anyone who has hit 30 has had that feeling once or twice...or every day since they hit 30.

Part of it is dealing with your own unrealistic expectations of life from when you were younger. The rest is just...1/3 life crisis.

List out what you want to do. Find the easy ones, and do those.

For instance.

"Visit Egypt." Not too tough. Just requires money. I'll put that up toward the top of the list.
"Be a billionaire." Uhm, better hope for someone to die first.
"Sleep with a 10." Ooh, ouch. As the joke goes, maybe I can do this one quickly if I'm willing to compromise. I can't sleep with a 10, but maybe two 5s!
"Be an expert at something." This one can wait 'til I'm 60. Chances are, if I think I'm an expert in my 30s, I'll find out how full of crap I was when I hit 40.
"Get another tattoo." Oho, up to the top of the list this goes.

Etc etc.

Cheddar_2's photo
Mon 03/31/08 01:29 PM
Greetings from the Other Side of the Pond. Welcome aboard.

Cheddar_2's photo
Mon 03/31/08 01:27 PM
This calls for a swarm of Roombas!

DOOT DO DOO! <Charge!>

Cheddar_2's photo
Fri 03/28/08 04:28 PM
There's not a whole lot of money in being a professional pessimist, and you don't get a lot of job satisfaction either.

Lets try this instead. Scripts from Bottom, a BBC comedy where Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmonson each try to out-bastard the other.

http://www.textfiles.com/media/SCRIPTS/1-1.s

Cheddar_2's photo
Fri 03/28/08 04:05 PM
Don't tempt the fates. The day can always get worse. If you think it can't, you're probably just not being creative enough.

How's that for optimism?

You need cheering up? Lets go old school.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rDIeM2giy60

A Monty Python sketch.

Cheddar_2's photo
Fri 03/28/08 11:58 AM
Hmmm, if by "blocking" you mean blocking their emails/PMs/etc, then it's easy. Just stop responding. It's not like you're face-to-face with them.

They'll probably get the message. Nothing is quite as boring as talking to dead air.

Cheddar_2's photo
Mon 03/24/08 03:46 PM
Grab a greeter for me that doesn't have too many miles on them. I need replacement grandparents.

Cheddar_2's photo
Fri 03/21/08 04:30 PM

from everying i've heard a PA is one of the least painful piercings you can get down there

I don't care if it tickles. There's just something about having a needle stuck in my groin that doesn't appeal.

It would be amusing at an airport, possibly. In a Spinal Tap kinda way...

Cheddar_2's photo
Fri 03/21/08 04:23 PM
My Prince Albert did that. I changed to boxers. Suddenly, no more problems.

Just kidding. Nobody goes near Mr. Happy with a needle and lives.

Cheddar_2's photo
Thu 03/20/08 06:56 PM

Did you punch him in his man-stones?

Seconded. One swift knee in the happy-sacks and he'll drop like anyone else.

Cheddar_2's photo
Thu 03/20/08 08:58 AM
Edited by Cheddar_2 on Thu 03/20/08 08:59 AM
Teddy Roosevelt was a judo aficionado. He gained a brown belt from Yama****a Yoshiaki, who introduced judo to the US, and has recently been given a posthumous black belt.

And yes, Yoshiaki's first name was censored by JSH for having the S-word in it. B*lls.

Cheddar_2's photo
Thu 03/20/08 08:51 AM
A half-dozen membership cards for groceries/bookstores/etc. Driver's license. Some cash. Some CCs. My ULC Ordained Minister card. Don't leave home without it.

Cheddar_2's photo
Wed 03/19/08 03:54 PM
I find myself peeking every now and again at people. Generally it's a new pic as the main picture that makes me go "who is this again?" Usually followed by going to their page and going "Oh yeah, I remember now."

Shorter explanation: too many concussions.

Cheddar_2's photo
Wed 03/19/08 07:45 AM

I wanted a 12 inch ruler tattoo between my legs. The guy took one look at me with my pants down and after he finished laughing he had to start the first 10 inches of the ruler on my stomach finishing with the last 2 inches between my legs. Life sux for me sometimes!

Bwahahaha. You win an internet.

Cheddar_2's photo
Tue 03/18/08 09:07 AM
Who doesn't like Cheddar?

Seriously, most of the other names were taken, and the _2 is 'coz the original site I was on got 'et by JSH.

Cheddar_2's photo
Tue 03/18/08 09:02 AM
They won't chase you with a shovel if you tell them to calm down.

Cheddar_2's photo
Tue 03/18/08 08:31 AM
I hear this sort of thing happens all the time...I must have the wrong kind of friends. ;)

Cheddar_2's photo
Tue 03/18/08 08:27 AM

gosh i think its kinda mean couldnt people just wait till holiday is over

There's no way you can "win".

If you break up, you'll be hurting someone on a holiday. Hopefully they'll have friends and family to use as an anchor.

If you don't break up and wait until later, one or both of you will be miserable during a holiday, and when you break up, s/he will know you stuck around only for the holiday...not out of love, but out of guilt and not "wanting to be the bad guy". The pretend-love is just as hurtful, eventually.

All that said, avoiding Christmas for break-ups is good all around. That'd be a tougher call.

Cheddar_2's photo
Tue 03/18/08 08:13 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here, probably stringing myself up in the meantime and say "My memory stinks. I write everything down, and I always _always_ give an SO the caveat that my memory really, really stinks."

It's caused problems in the past. It'll cause problems in the future. If it gets Serious, I'll do the Memento thing. :) I dunno if it'll make up for a bad memory, but it can't hurt.

Cheddar_2's photo
Tue 03/18/08 08:07 AM
Edited by Cheddar_2 on Tue 03/18/08 08:08 AM
It depends on how much time you have before the Big Holiday.

From the personal perspective (obviously my opinions are tainted by the Y chromosome), if someone tried to leave me before:

Vday - Who cares. It's a made up holiday anyway. I'd rather spend it alone than spend it with someone who wishes they weren't with me.
Xmas - I don't enjoy Xmas, so one more thing won't make any difference.
Bday - Ouch...but if it's a week before or after, that's fine. If I spend a bday with friends, it'll wipe out the DOH factor.

In retrospect, I don't really remember the days of break-ups. I remember that they suck, and remember how that person broke up with me, but I don't remember things as "this is the anniversary of that time whosit broke up with me".

If a tooth is about to fall out, pull it.