Community > Posts By > eripio

eripio's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:39 AM

It is pretty fair to assume that most peoples' faiths begin with their parents. At what point and how did you realize that you believed of your own accord? Or not believed if that is the way you went. For those who have had the same faith since childhood; are you, at the very least, suspicious of being in the same faith since birth? or do you just feel lucky?

huh Its a personal journey,,,,, not to be taken lightly,,,,do your own research,!!!!!huh

I have. But curious to others thoughts, thanks.

ohwell You have, "really",??????? huh

Actually nope. you got me. I would have continued with this ruse but that 7th question mark really got to me.

eripio's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:35 AM

i kinda like the 70 virgins thing, but i ain't dying to get them
just remember.....nobody said they were female........7o virgins may be a room full of computer geeks....laugh laugh drinker

or the possible mistranslation

eripio's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:31 AM

It is pretty fair to assume that most peoples' faiths begin with their parents. At what point and how did you realize that you believed of your own accord? Or not believed if that is the way you went. For those who have had the same faith since childhood; are you, at the very least, suspicious of being in the same faith since birth? or do you just feel lucky?

huh Its a personal journey,,,,, not to be taken lightly,,,,do your own research,!!!!!huh

I have. But curious to others thoughts, thanks.

eripio's photo
Sat 05/31/08 09:24 AM

eripio's photo
Sat 05/31/08 05:46 AM
arrested development!! c'mon!

eripio's photo
Fri 05/30/08 04:15 PM

Standing up for ones beliefs is not a bad thing.

Standing up for ones beliefs, and punching other people in the face for theirs are two entirely differnt things. flowerforyou

You would be surprised (or not) how often beliefs and violence coincide.....

eripio's photo
Fri 05/30/08 09:44 AM
Edited by eripio on Fri 05/30/08 09:44 AM
ooops

eripio's photo
Fri 05/30/08 09:44 AM
It very well could shock the class. And I don't like Jehovah's witnesses coming to my house and interrupting my dinner but that doesn't mean I get to assault them.

eripio's photo
Fri 05/30/08 09:35 AM
So is it just because he was a teacher of an unspecified subject (Perhaps it was a philosophy class and part of his curriculum but that is just presumptuous but no more so than you.)so that makes violence allowable? Would being outside the classroom make it different for you?

eripio's photo
Fri 05/30/08 09:17 AM
Does that respect extend to Islamic terrorists? or just christian marines?

eripio's photo
Fri 05/30/08 09:12 AM
So fighting even if it is wrong and misguided is a good thing to you? (as long as it is based on a belief!?!?

eripio's photo
Fri 05/30/08 09:08 AM
What exactly did you like about it?

eripio's photo
Fri 05/30/08 08:56 AM
Well, dealing in a hypothetical is much less scary. If that really happened I may be hiding in my room for the rest of my life. Unfortunately my naivety doesn't extend as far to believe that it couldn't happen :-( Such a truly horrible tale.

eripio's photo
Fri 05/30/08 08:46 AM
For me, it is unimaginably scary to think that people exist who support the hypothetical marines' actions.