Community > Posts By > danaleekss

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 11:55 PM
see? and now we're friends. you did a good job. just sayin

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 11:49 PM
You are indeed smart enough to talk with me....huh? Don't ever cut yourself short. I don't only want to talk with people who use big words and have an education - I transcend all of that. I do look hot, I do appear smart, but that does not at all make me better than you or not interested in what you have to say!! I appreciate your sweetness and am grateful for your humility. My grandpa was a simple farmer in S. Minnesota - he married my grandmother who was an accomplished artist. He could not tell her about Monet, or pontificate on Surrealism - but his heart was a zillion miles wide and he barely spoke. We are more alike than we are not - you have culture and exposure, all these different factors and the most important thing in life is available to all present. We experience, we revel in the beauty and splendor of this lovely place, and we express ourselves by creating alongside the living arc. I'm just more expressive - you have all of the same abilities. We learn from each other.

good night :)

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 11:14 PM
Also, if you raised any ire, it might be the fact that bipolar runs in my family and WE SURVIVE by caring therapists and psychologists and that is more palpable than anything you could say about psychology. Psychology itself is not damaging, people are. My dad is also a therapist and my mother a psych practitioner ...so you basically just invalidated my whole life when you said that. You don't know, do you? That maybe a therapist saved my sons life...that the meds have allowed him to sleep -- AND YOU CAN NOT IMAGINE THE PAIN AND SUFFERING INVOLVED WITH MENTAL ILLNESS. When you dismiss this so carelessly, you tacitly promote the ignorance and blindness in humanity that leads to people dying.

in the cold.
alone.
with an illness no one accepts as real.

Yeah, I'll be seeing you two. You know, I spent all day helping people who were actively dying - supporting family, hugs, tears...and its just so, so messed up that I can't even make a playful statement without feeling the DEAD WEIGHT of IGNORANCE.

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 11:02 PM
I'm not 'kinda' anything. What I am is intense and profoundly intent on being treated with respect. Men want respect - and I'm guessing these two responded because of something they felt toward someone else - because I certainly did nothing to be treated so rudely. My suggestion for chatting with smart ladies would be to play up to some common ground, and laugh a little. It's really not that serious.

I also am a hospice nurse - I really hate wasting my time.

Thank you for the compliment. 'Hot' is good thing, but not my definition. I am an artist and a caregiver, mother and friend. Try not to be defensive about how I like to be treated. I'm not a feminist, I'm not anything - I just know what feels right to me and what doesn't.

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 10:50 PM

Great way to build relationships! Just come in swinging and the girls will about be transfixed by your superior ability to invalidate an honest attempt to discuss concepts. You know what, I don't believe in men. Now respond to that.

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 10:39 PM
Edited by danaleekss on Sat 08/28/10 10:45 PM
The only valid schema for things 'pyschological' (a pseudoscience of the first degree) is the O-S-R schema ( Organism - Stimulus - Response ). All the rest is subject to change without notice - that's why it's called a 'soft science' - it has no 'hard' rules - you know, like Chemistry or Engineering ...>>

I can only assume you were responding to my post. Your defenses are predictable and also non-sequitur. I did not ask about the validity or ascertain between defining points such as soft or hard. I do realize the great deficits the human animal has in understanding that this **** is all relative and it is only relevant to certain cultures, in certain time periods and in certain situations etc. I guess if you wanted to say that you didn't believe in psychology I would have appreciated you would do it in your own thread rather than use mine as a platform for you to shoot me down for speaking the same language and having the same profession of someone or something else you disapprove of.

You both responded defensively, why?

You could have restrained yourself from being rude but somehow you felt justified. You judged me for my statement, and outside of that, that statement contained language that triggered you to clump my thought in with something completely irrelevant.

And WOW, dualism and non-dualism are concepts in philosophy, not psychology, but I know what you mean and don't pick on details. But since we're all interested in posting emotional inflections towards each other lets just experience the futility of it, say you?

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 10:25 PM

I believe that humans are large animals and academia is indeed a neurotic display of sublimation - there are, however, some very interesting things we can learn from each other.

Yep it's all a ruse. in ya head. all DSM will be recalibrated eventually, if we make it that far. 150 years ago any lung disease was called consumption, which just clumps a whole lot of things together.

People are able to create concepts, not understand truths. They may understand the concept of a truth, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here - the most overly used defense in academia is intellectualization.

Now, I was hoping to have a discussion on concepts of things I like to think about. I am not here to assert any kind of superior logic or preference to any one type of viewpoint. That wastes my time. I love psychoanalysis and feel it is a nice way to better understand myself and others. I am an extremely successful clinician who treats the underserved - to wit, I went to the terrible club and got in between two very large men about to kill each other. I talked them down. I do that, but not without what I have learned. And I am grateful for any insights I can chew on.

I didn't leave my patients - I STARTED MY OWN BUSINESS - because I HATE the way we run things around here. I help people, and yes, I have learned to help people with psychology. I was looking for an objective discussion and not talk about your feelings. You just turned this whole thing around to point directly at you and your feelings. Notice that? I could have not responded - but I think since you are so concerned about personal responsibility you might want to check yourself here. I did not ask about how you feel or your life story. You hijacked my thoughts to make a statement about yourself.

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 10:04 PM
haha. I do know you believe that and a lot of other things. I'm not sure why I posted.

I hate all religions and believe they are forms of maladaptive psychic deficiencies that postdate the split of altruist gene lines from barbarians during Roman times. I do believe Obama is not doing a good job at addressing the severity of the damage that has been done to this country. He was handed a lot of crap, though, blaming aside. It sucks for all of us. Have a lovely evening.

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 09:53 PM
http://activerain.com/blogsview/1782451/it-s-not-a-mosque-and-it-s-not-at-ground-zero

American citizens legally bought a building in NYC. The building is located at 45 Park Place. It was originally a shipping co. building, later became a Sy Syms discount clothing store and then leased as a Burlington Coat Factory outlet. The location is two blocks and around the corner from the former WTC site. Two blocks in Manhattan can mean the difference between the Financial District and Tribeca two distinct neighborhoods. Two blocks is a long walk in Manhattan.

The existing building planned for Tribeca will be The Cordoba House Community Center Park51. It's not a Mosque and its not at ground zero. You can't see ground zero from Park Place. When the new World Trade Center is built it will be seen from most parts of Manhattan because it will be the tallest building on the island. Who's offended? Who cares?

The Cordoba Center Park51 will be about the same size as the YMCA's, 92ndY in Tribeca, and the JCC (Jewish Community Center). It is being modeled after the 92ndY (YMWHA) which has Jewish events. The "Y" has never been called a Synagogue nor has The YMCA ever been called a Church. The building will have a pool, theater, culinary center and other features.

Carl Paladino, the Tea-Party-backed Republican candidate for Governor from Buffalo is calling for the use of eminent domain to stop the Mosque Community Center building.

Sarah Palin's twittering "Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn't it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland? Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate" The bloggers turned her into Moose stew in a New York minute.

The American Center for Law and Justice, a conservative organization founded by the Rev. Pat Robertson is suing the city because the NY landmark preservation department is not designating 45 Park Place The former Burlington Coat Factory a Historic Landmark.

I happen to know about landmark preservation. Designating a building a historic landmark would not stop the community center. It means they just have to keep the facade the same. The building has no architectural significance.

The tea party out of towners are making statements that there are no churches or synagogues near ground zero. Actually Trinity Church (the city's largest landholder among religious institutions) is located at Ground Zero. The World Trade Center is located at Church Street and Trinity Place. I wonder why those streets are named Church and Trinity? Between the WTC and Park Place there are a few other Churches too.

Newt Gingrich wants to stop Islam in America. "There should be no mosque near Ground Zero in New York so long as there are no churches or synagogues in Saudi Arabia".

New York is not Mecca and the United States is not Saudi Arabia. Maybe Newt wants to be a Prince or a King.

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 09:50 PM
Its not a mosque. obama is not a muslim and 9/11 was not orchestrated by Iraqis.

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 09:41 PM
I really was interested in discussing socrates and descartes dualism (as primitive and a bit magical) vs non dual advaitists (narcissistic defense rather than an actual theory or concept)

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 09:34 PM
i'm sorry, but i did not take the class in smiley communication. were you attempting to communicate something? :-)

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 09:18 PM
you may think this is an antisocial defense, but it is not. you are angry, yes? sociopaths repress each and every single emotion to the subconscious, and it is automatic. they have no limbic activity, which are emotions. you have a mood disorder and are straight up pissed and mad at the world. you have a chance! your dark is also your light, but only when you choose to make decisions you know will help you. like posting this, and yes, that was good to express.

research sociopathy and antisocial personality disorder - I've been studying this for years and do catch them from time to time in my net, but nothing to do, scare them a bit and set them free. these people did not pass developmental psychic states from ages 2-6. they do not have ANY EMOTION, NONE. not fear, not anger - they rage to release the pent up energy from repressing all emotional stim. it may seem that they hate, but that's not it. they don't even hate people. I know it's confusing...they aren't punishing anyone, really. What it is: when you automatically repress all emotions you shut down the center of the brain (limbic) that applies emotional meaning. without emotional meaning it is hard for people to find a reason to go on - they are the walking dead. what is life without pain and beauty? so what happens most often is they hide out in society and rage when the subconscious energy is stewing and they have no idea what those emotions they had were, when they experienced them, because they sunk them to the bottom and cannot retrieve them. it eats away at a person, all the unknown emotion. with serial killers, it is interesting, they use the death drive to kindle libido (life force) -- because they have no emotions, which are essential for life force (energy, reason to do something). so they kill, not for power, they will play into you with that, if they wanted power they wouldn't have picked on the weakest bunch, you know, you go after the biggest guy if you have something to prove. no, essentially when they view another's death drive they feel SOMETHING (this is an actual drive, when pain is greater than one can bear, end stage illness, we humans lost most of it, animals just go somewhere and die and its not this big effing production). it is a palpable stimulus which is why they say they enjoy it. it is reminiscent of an actual 'feeling' since they still have a death drive, which had not been messed with and is somewhat intact. they enjoy 'feeling' not torment. the torment is about triggering an innate awareness of death, and being that it's a drive, it creates a positive flow of energy, and it is the only way they can feel energized with life force. sex drive, life drive, death drive, aggression. -- they all create positive moving forces. it's very hard to understand - but when you ask why a man would eat a childs face and genitals without remorse you think of evil - which is a concept. and science of human psychic abilities can explain a lot more than people think. you just have to be educated on it.

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 08:55 PM
acupuncture is well established and I can explain the physiology as well. homeopathic medicine appears to me to be placebo. but this is no greater offender than pharma and statins and whatnot. I studied under a Japanese doctor who also studied western medicine. there are many good areas to look at for health, but this does not seem like a very strong one.

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 08:51 PM
actually science does expose (not fully explain) love and spirituality.

catchy, though. i'm like a walking drugstore - being informed about matters of health is going to save you a lot of money.

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 08:46 PM

dualism is more pragmatic and sickly overstated, but advaita is a fancy way to say 'personality disorder'. no boundaries, extreme projections, didactic and forced, yet another fantasy of the damaged human animallllll

no photo
Sat 08/28/10 08:27 PM
with heavy hearted space,
enough to bestow an empty Cathedral-
the prodigal child has knelt unto the sun.
she has legacy, pride.
proud strong days never eclipsed by anything more
than that of an oak tree sharing its light,
under an heirloom canopy.

it is not enough to regale.
its minimal inflection is no more than an idealised skeleton.
yet the spark of it, uncompounded,
is enough to light a fire, moving through meat hooks
and repressed vivication,
wings subvert life force through mere validity alone.
there are no such things as dreams or things of dreams.

the velvet underlay is spread thick with thorny sentience
but only bleeds once.

2 Next