Community > Posts By > actionlynx

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/09/18 09:17 AM
Drinking coffee before doing laundry

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/09/18 09:16 AM
^^^ Wrong letter (each post progresses from A - Z)
Nice try though. smile2

Gas Can

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/09/18 09:14 AM
Thinking I should, but I don't think they have an adequate replacement within my budget.

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/09/18 09:12 AM
Edited by actionlynx on Sun 12/09/18 09:13 AM
Oops, wrong thread.

I takes me 1 - 2 hours to fully wake up in the morning.

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/09/18 09:12 AM
Host

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/09/18 09:11 AM
Scintillating

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/09/18 09:11 AM
Fallacious

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/09/18 09:09 AM
Dessicant

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/09/18 09:08 AM
Quiet Riot

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/09/18 08:15 AM
Edited by actionlynx on Sun 12/09/18 08:24 AM

I find most statements of advice that start with the word 'just' are a bit condescending and a lot over simplified.

'just do it'
'just move on'
'just get over it'
'just let it go'
'just get a job'
'just leave him/her'

people have hearts and minds that 'just' don't function in such black and white space

I was about to post something similar to this.

When people do this, they are blatantly dismissing your own personal feelings. It doesn't **appear** to be rude, it actually IS rude. That's because they don't want to be bothered wasting their own time to validate your feelings before giving any advice. They just want to extract themselves from the topic. They don't care about what emotional or psychological damage it may cause you. They are only thinking about themselves, not you.

There is an appropriate time to say stuff like this though -- when someone needs a shock to open their eyes. That's where the tricky part comes in.

For instance, let's say you haven't dated for 3 years because you're still moping and pining over your ex-girlfriend. This would be a case where you need a shock to snap you out of it.

Feelings and emotions often need validation from other people. Holding them in, or having others ignore or dismiss your emotions often just makes the situation worse. But in instances like the example above, validation may only enable the person to continue sulking indefinitely.

But other than that, having emotions ignored or dismissed - especially rudely - is akin to being allowed to have no voice, feeling invisible. It's a recipe for confrontation. People generally don't like being ignored.

*My* opinion on it is...
If all the people who ~aren't~ looking for a partner (date, long twerem, mnarriage..whichever) would get off the dating sites.....
If the married and cheating people would get off the dating sites (there are several sites *just* for cheaters)...
If the people who are just on those sites to f**k with people because thwey are bored, argue with them, tell them what's wrong with them..

Maybe then those of us who are sincerely putting in effort to meet someone compatible and of quality *could* do that..

I agree. It's one of my pet peeves that I'm constantly biting my tongue on.

The part in bold italics is the true elephant in the room on Mingle....not the scammers and spammers.

Trust me, I've found the scammers and spammers on every dating site I've been on - Match, POF, Chemisty, SingleParentsMeet, Zoosk, OkCupid, etc. They just go with the territory.

But the people who aren't looking, who linger around, telling everyone that online dating doesn't work, or how they've given up on looking, or how they found someone somewhere else, etc. ad nauseaum....those are the people that make new members who are sincerely looking for someone choose to avoid the forums.

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/09/18 08:02 AM

actionlynx's photo
Sun 12/09/18 07:59 AM
Thinking my new blinds aren't what they said they were.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/08/18 10:31 PM
Edited by actionlynx on Sat 12/08/18 10:32 PM
@Dub:
Clearly the blood has rushed to your head as you tried to write while standing on your head.

Now stand aside, and bask in my winningness.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/08/18 09:34 PM
Toblerone - the dark chocolate one

People used to give me bundle packs of it for Christmas just because they knew how much I liked them.

actionlynx's photo
Sat 12/08/18 09:24 PM

I think this largely depends upon the person using the term.

It's like that phrase "its just who I am"

if the person believes people and relationships are stagnate boxes that dont grow or evolve or change, that 'friend' zone may be a box they are putting you in for good.

if a person believes, as I do, that people and relationships constantly change and evolve, grow or regress, that 'friend' label is only a statement of where we are, and not a definition of where we might end up.

Thank you!

Finally, someone who gets it.

My experience with being "friend zoned" is the former, not the latter. Meaning, the woman doesn't make any attempt to get to know me better. She calls me a friend, but really just remains more of an acquaintance.

On the flip side, maybe she might claim that I'm not making any attempt to get to know her better. But at that point, I've already approached and made efforts to know her. It just hasn't been reciprocated well. So I'm being sent a signal that she's not really interested in going any further, even as friends.

If she had the latter view, a person might think she would actually make a reciprocal effort to know me. That would be a positive signal, even if only as friends.

This where all the confusion seems to stem from. Not all women define "friend zone" the same way. It's not necessarily how the man views it. It's how the woman herself defines it.

actionlynx's photo
Fri 12/07/18 11:07 PM
Be careful what you rope. You might get dragged around instead. tongue2

actionlynx's photo
Fri 12/07/18 10:57 PM
Hotter than an atomic blast

actionlynx's photo
Fri 12/07/18 10:48 PM
spock

actionlynx's photo
Fri 12/07/18 10:46 PM

actionlynx's photo
Fri 12/07/18 07:34 PM
Ironically, compared to Crystal's accident, I completed my Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED certification today.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25