Mon 01/29/18 05:13 PM
Where can I get one of these bugs? :grin::thumbsup:

no photo
Mon 01/29/18 04:45 PM
Tin Cup...just to watch Kevin Costner waggle. :stuck_out_tongue:

no photo
Mon 01/29/18 09:13 AM

(referencing seen from Zoolander)

But what if your name IS Baby? And someone calls you Susan?

Would you be all like ,"My name is not Susan! You should call me Baby!"

(yes, I also referenced a Whitney Houston song ...lol)

And NO ONE puts Baby in the corner! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

no photo
Mon 01/29/18 09:09 AM

It is a reality in life that we don’t always get what we want. So if we desire to have a connection with a future partner what would be the top choice? Physical, spiritual, emotional or intellectual and why? I may have left some other kind of connection too , feel free to add please.

I've enjoyed relationships with differing degrees of all of those traits fairly equally. I think the key, for me, is being at ease with their priorities varying from mine. And their acceptance of the same.

So, he can pray while I read and I'll respect his devout faith as long as he doesn't try to make me join his cult. tongue2

no photo
Mon 01/29/18 08:56 AM
Edited by Ness_a on Mon 01/29/18 08:59 AM

Show of hands; who is from the southern states?

Don't come here if these names twist yur tvvt'ss... I use hun for women I see often at the store, or I use ma'am regardless of age if I don't know them, sometimes dear..

I also can't understand the shallowness of a lot of you

When in an area that uses those types of addresses as casually as they do in the south, the context would be similar to how the elderly and shop clerks use them in my area. Personally, that doesn't bother me. It's when said with more intimate tones that it rankles me.

As MSHarmony put it...Context.

no photo
Mon 01/29/18 08:42 AM

When someone you don't know or barely know assigns you a pet name or endearment, does get under your skin?

I'm not talking about when an elderly person refers to you as Dear...probably because they've forgotten your name.

I'm not talking about the lady at the register or DMV who calls everyone Sugar...probably to avoid using the word Ma'am.

To me Baby, Sugar, Sweetheart and Darling, and the like, are endearments reserved for family, dearest friends and intimate partners. I guess to me their use is more of a right to be earned.

What say you?

It is very irritating and I usually correct them on the spot ( unless it is a old person). I don't like being called chief, cus, bro, boss or any other off the shelf name. And where I where I come from you never address someone by only their last name, it is a insult, as in talking down to them. If you are going to do that it better have a Mr. in front of it or you are not going to get a pleasant reply.

you call me by my first name or you call me Mr.------... that's it.

You just made me think of another one. I like it when people in the south add Miss or Mr in front of your first name. It has a casual acquaintance tone laced with respectful formality. Being Miss Annessa from time to time is a charming experience. :thumbsup:

no photo
Sat 01/27/18 07:09 PM
Edited by Ness_a on Sat 01/27/18 07:10 PM
I'm not going to choose between your guys.

I'm going to choose between the short hot guy and the tall ATTRACTIVE guy.

And I choose...the one I like best.

no photo
Sat 01/27/18 07:03 PM
When someone you don't know or barely know assigns you a pet name or endearment, does get under your skin?

I'm not talking about when an elderly person refers to you as Dear...probably because they've forgotten your name.

I'm not talking about the lady at the register or DMV who calls everyone Sugar...probably to avoid using the word Ma'am.

To me Baby, Sugar, Sweetheart and Darling, and the like, are endearments reserved for family, dearest friends and intimate partners. I guess to me their use is more of a right to be earned.

What say you?

no photo
Sat 01/27/18 06:39 PM

....does it turn you on or freak you out?

(I think) it's a given that we all want to be as attractive as we can and be validated for our character as well.

Some seem to go the extra mile\kilometer to be overly provacative.

Just coming to the 2nd question as I'm writing:
No matter the content of your character, your accomplishments, your ideals, etc.....
Do you like being looked at as just plain sexy?

It depends on who the person looking is, and how he conveys his opinion One person thinking I look sexy can make me feel objectified, while someone else makes me feel appreciated or even beautiful.

no photo
Sat 01/27/18 06:14 PM
It has never worked for me if both of us didn't want to be committed to it.

no photo
Sat 01/27/18 05:35 PM
I didn't make it this long without a couple of those.

I concentrate on the things I CAN control like work, friendships, family. Being productive is always a salve for any kind of blues.

no photo
Sat 01/27/18 05:30 PM
All I can think of is an Italian accent saying..."You wanna piece of me?" smokin

no photo
Sat 01/27/18 02:35 PM
He heard there was a buy 4 get 4 shoe sale up there.

Why does a fish take the bait?

no photo
Sat 01/27/18 02:22 PM

They say that there is really no right person...only different flavors of wrong. What matters is how we make the wrong ones right for us.

Actually, you have things right, I think. For the most part.

You know what the most difficult thing is, about trying to pass learned wisdom on to others? It is that it is more often true, that wisdom can only be fully understood, AFTER you have been through the painful messes that those who are advising you, are trying to help you cope with, or avoid.

Wise sayings are designed to be short, and as simple as possible, in order to put a lot of information into something that can be basically understood and remembered.

The above saying is a case in point. "There is no right person," is trying to simply refer to the fact that we are all both very unique, and always learning and changing, and so finding an EXACT match for us in every respect, is extremely unlikely, if not impossible. Since no one is, or can be perfect, looking for a perfect mate, is usually a good way to guarantee you remain alone.

So we need to be ready to accept someone instead, who is a kind of wrong, that will work with our kind of wrong. That's what is mean by "how we make the wrong ones right for us." That doesn't refer to us forcing the "wrong" person to change for us, rather the exact opposite.

That's why HOW we adjust to the lack of perfection in ourselves and others is so important. The right way to make two less-than-perfect people work as a mated pair, is never for one member to try to perform emotional or character surgery on themselves, in order to fake themselves into matching with someone who they really don't get along with naturally. The right way to do it, is for each to appreciate everything about each other, including the flaws, so that we can build a positive life together in spite of neither of us being ideal beings.

Well, when you put it that way... I believe I misunderstood the OP's meaning. I agree with Igor's view. :thumbsup:

no photo
Sat 01/27/18 02:17 PM
Huey Lewis has not declared them....Hip to be Square.

Why do whales have blow holes?

no photo
Sat 01/27/18 01:52 PM
I think all good relationships begin with knowing each other well. To know someone well, you have to have open and honest communication on both sides. If you try to stack your responses in your favor, you will always loose. Just be yourself and take your time.

no photo
Sat 01/27/18 01:25 PM

Well, since you put it THAT WAY I am laughing.
We've gone from...One for all and all for one...To...drinker

slaphead rofl

side note: is it okay to shorten a quote like this? We are getting rather lengthy.

no photo
Sat 01/27/18 01:11 PM
For those infatuated with the idea of love, it's probably infatuation.

no photo
Sat 01/27/18 01:08 PM

I have received an email with just the emoji. :wink:

Could be a new trend.

slaphead

no photo
Sat 01/27/18 12:52 PM

I feel the same. I started out felling like it would be the height of rudeness not to respond to every...hi...hey there...what's up? It didn't take long before it became too much like work and I decided that no answer IS the answer. I still feel rude sometimes, but...hi...hey there...what's up?...are not exactly messages steeped in etiquette themselves. So...

True! And I am tired already! slaphead

Right? This was supposed to be fun. Trying to figure out a response to "Hi"...awkward.

1 2 7 8 9 10 12 14 15