Community > Posts By > Waotan

Waotan's photo
Wed 08/18/10 12:38 PM
i am a single parent of 2, and an only child of a single father as well, i have been single for the last 3 years and i havent had one date and it seems like they all say the same thing, "i dont want to deal with kids", my ex hasnt had a hole lot of influence in there live's, it is realy hard on me, iv been a single father since i was 21 with some help from my dad, but not much, just a place to live.

the thing about it is, my grandparents were there for my father when he was a drug addict, so i was basicly raised by them and they were veary good people, but my father isnt much like them, he never re-married or re-coupled, hes still single, im worried i will turn out the same as my father, i want to be a good dad, i want to be a family again but its realy hard to find some one that wants to be with some one and there kids.

i can say that i do love my kids and i have alot of fun with them, we spend alot of time together, but my daughter needs a good female rolemodle in her life, my kids mom moved about a year ago with her new boy friend, my kids use to go visit her every weekend, but now she hardly ever calls them, but now i get no time to myself, i have to deal with all of lifes hard decisions alone.

Waotan's photo
Wed 08/18/10 11:57 AM
yes, thank you, that is what i ment, but i am haveing truble meeting people, it doesnt seem that there are veary many women of the odinic faith

Waotan's photo
Wed 08/11/10 11:20 AM
i dont know about the norns being based off of the 3 fates from greek myth and all that, but yes they did come around about the same time, but i think a few of the posts on this thread have got'n off track, i am an odinist, and i am looking for like minded people, friend me, message me, the odinic beleafe may not be the oldest religon, but its close, odinism does have animilism in it, havent any of you herd of the battlerage that odin would bestowe upon you and the spirit of the bear would take over, the shamans of owr ancestors would be taken over by many difrent animal spirits like ravens, bears and wolf's, insted of nit picking each others posts, we should strive to inliten owr kinsmen and kinswomen.

i am waotan, a godi from oregon, i have walked with odin and thor on the plain of the out mind, in the astral plain of existance, freya has appeared to me in moments of great passtion, tyr the one handed has given me strength and odin the one eyed has granted me victory in strugles that i saw no way out but to fight, and though i may die, at least it will be on my feet, sword and sheild in hand metoforicly speeking, its not like we have a church or temple to go and inturact with each other, we need to stick together, remember the main teachings of odin.

care for your children above all else, they are your most direct legacy to the future.
care for your family next, your spouse, brothes sisters and especially your parents.
tend to you uncles, aunts and cousins.
be certain to help your good friends also, for they may be closer than your own blood kin.
if you have any energy left over after all this, then perhaps you can consider saveing the world, be versatile.

and here is one to grow on from robert heinlein

human beings should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. specialization is for insects.

in other words, be selfreliant.

and in closeing to my kins people, may odin give you knowledge of your path, may thor grant you strength and courage on your way, and may loki give you laughter as you go.