Community > Posts By > artykay

artykay's photo
Wed 02/17/21 04:40 PM

Constantly.

I have high sensitivity and empathy.
I pay attention to details.
I 'see' things others are oblivious about.
t
While driving, my attention is on the road and the area around it.
I follow safe driving methods because in my job, I was required to drive trucks. I pay attention to the task at hand.

With people, I pay attention to body language, facial expressiIon, tone, inflection. I also have situational awareness.

:ok_hand::clap::thumbsup: And this, ladies and gentlemen, speaks volumes on the real definition and difference between 'operating a motor vehicle' and 'DRIVING'.

Whatever Arty slaphead bigsmile

Notlooking, think we didn't sync on my previous comment? :confused:
'You' actually avoided a potentially serious incident.
My view is that you were 'DRIVING'.

Ahhh, lol. I thought you were telling us women ... that men drive better. Sorry Arty. :sunflower:

No worries Notlooking. :thumbsup: And I would NEVER EVER say that!.........
..(out load). :sunglasses:

However, I went slightly off topic in my initial comment. You talked about your experience being weird? How so? Are you suggesting some kind of psychic episode?
And let me ask you and others who may be interested; this. :...when in the pilot seat of your vehicle, how often have you found yourself on the other side of a major busy intersection, and simply can't recall passing through it?

Yes, and there are many different moments in time like this, that we experience. I have seen a documentary on this phenomenon. Maybe Google to locate?
If I remember accurately, it was about Brain to Eye coordination or more specifically, Syncrocity. In brief, it claims that the Brain reacts to the signal it receives from the Eyes first, instantly. It reacts immediately, for you,and before you are even aware of it.

That's the science of it. Please don't kill the messenger.

artykay's photo
Wed 02/17/21 03:28 PM

Constantly.

t
I follow safe driving methods because in my job, I was required to drive trucks. I pay attention to the task at hand.

With people, I pay attention to body language, facial expressiIon, tone, inflection. I also have situational awareness.

:ok_hand::clap::thumbsup: And this, ladies and gentlemen, speaks volumes on the real definition and difference between 'operating a motor vehicle' and 'DRIVING'.

Whatever Arty slaphead bigsmile

Notlooking, think we didn't sync on my previous comment? :confused:
'You' actually avoided a potentially serious incident.
My view is that you were 'DRIVING'.

artykay's photo
Wed 02/17/21 02:58 PM

Do you think it is possible to fall out of love with a person that you think is not a good fit for your life, or would you go crazy trying, wondering about the 'what ifs and never be at peace again?
Is love a choice or not?

Hey there notlooking. Can't recall when I heard this; just my 2cents worth.

" if you are one who loves 'too' hard, it might be better to stay single"

artykay's photo
Wed 02/17/21 02:31 PM
I have some. 'Most' of my immediate family and a plethora of friends have them also, including gazillions of people throughout history; and I refuse to look down upon those who choose not to have them!
Remembering those famous words from Humphrey Bogart, " frankly ma dear; I don't give a damn".

artykay's photo
Wed 02/17/21 12:28 PM

Constantly.

t

With people, I pay attention to body language, facial expression, tone, inflection. I also have situational awareness.

artykay's photo
Tue 02/16/21 05:26 PM

It's never love or lust at first chat.

Most are clearly debunking the 'love' aspect of this post, but not overwhelmingly, so agree with you, in part, in that respect.
Believe me, 'guys' can lust after a single glance at a profile Pic. Chatting with that person in the picture, may heighten and release other emotions, but the lust remains.

If it's 'never love or lust', what is it?

artykay's photo
Tue 02/16/21 06:13 AM

I think there are two answers really:

1) what happens to you and that is your own businesse
2) what happens to others and that is NOT for you to say...

if other people do fall in love at first chat, it means it is possible that people fall in love at first chat, regardless if that happens to other people or not

General point, let's not extend our view to others who can be completely different from us!

Well said. :thumbsup:
Unfortunately some just need to poke.

artykay's photo
Tue 02/16/21 05:55 AM
Messaging has been slow. Snail pace or not working at all. Especially from evening to early hours Melbourne Australia times.
I've sent a general enquiry email to the contact us mail facility.

artykay's photo
Tue 02/16/21 03:02 AM

Hell no...

Just gotta love the young'ns. :innocent:

artykay's photo
Tue 02/16/21 02:49 AM
Actually, it's 'lust' at first chat. :yum:

artykay's photo
Tue 02/16/21 02:23 AM
Three obvious feelings / reactions come to mind depending on the circumstances of the breakup :
1. The breakup-er = liberated
2. The breakup-ee = squeels like a stuck pick until people get sick of listening
3. The ones who don't give a fat rat's clacker!

artykay's photo
Tue 02/16/21 01:16 AM
It seems like there should be an obvious answer, but thinking about it, there are probably many ways to go.
My immediate thought was, 'when you both feel comfortable and you want to'.
But, you also would have to seriously consider the potential negative consequences, should the relationship go belly up!

artykay's photo
Mon 02/15/21 10:07 PM
On the beach, inside one of those little pop-out sun shelter thingies. :ocean:

artykay's photo
Mon 02/15/21 08:42 PM
I thought I found myself in the Jokes section.
Waiting for the :punch: punchline.
Seriously? 30 years? :confused:
What were you thinking even after 30 days?
I'm frustrated for you.

I like Pizza also! slaphead

artykay's photo
Mon 02/15/21 04:56 PM

slaphead

I second that. 'Nuff said! slaphead
Plus I raise you a frustrated

artykay's photo
Sun 02/14/21 10:22 PM
Those famous words from the great John McEnroe just hit me like a sledgehammer. :

"SSHHUURRLY,,, YOU CAN NOT BE SEEERIOUS!?"

artykay's photo
Sun 02/14/21 07:31 PM
I guess it depends on how recently they had sex before your Wedding day? :confused:

artykay's photo
Sun 02/14/21 07:21 PM

"Can I show ya sumpfin?"...

Won't get a reply.. but it's an opening line.

laugh
Would probably work better than 'swapping recipes'!

artykay's photo
Sun 02/14/21 04:53 PM

Can't we start a thread on what not to send? It would be more fun. bigsmile

If someone asked me how or what to cook, I would not reply.

I agree. Are you going on a date or Masterchef ?

artykay's photo
Sun 02/14/21 04:42 PM
You're on a sabbatical.