Community > Posts By > artykay

artykay's photo
Mon 01/18/21 09:19 AM
You answered your own question.
You said " LOVING Mum."

artykay's photo
Mon 01/18/21 02:35 AM
Just a suggestion. Make sure you raise your antenna really high, set 'evil woman radar detector', firmly to the ON position, and keep a close look out. They have also been known to strip the shirt right off a guy's back!
Heard it from a friend.

artykay's photo
Mon 01/18/21 02:05 AM

I think it has to do with how they were raised.

I was with my ex for almost 40 yrs and in that time he never once cooked me a meal because he didn’t know how. He and his brothers were raised in an age when all domestic duties were done by mothers as they were, by and large, the homemakers. When we married he did help with household chores but he never learned to cook.

On the other hand, my best friend learned to cook and keep a tidy house from a young age. When his parents divorced he and his brother went to live with their dad who gave them daily household chores which included cooking. My friend now keeps a clean house and cooks wonderful meals which he enjoys doing.

I also think that times have changed from the 50s and 60s due to the majority of both parents now working and sharing household duties so children are now raised to help with the running of the house.

A man who cooks and cleans is very attractive!!

Then that makes 'me' absolutely stunning, notlooking. drinker
Actually, growing up, my late Mother (who was of European extraction), wouldn't let me within a 'bull's roar' of the kitchen or a broom. In fact, I used to wonder how my clothes disappeared from the floor and then reappeared back into the closet and drawers?
During my marriage, I learned to cook and somewhat instinctively, shared with the household chores and gardens etc.
However, when Mum was visiting and should I be finishing up the dishes, the look on her face was 'priceless'.:scream:

DelightfulIllusion is right. Different times need different approaches.
I notice that we are an older group on Mingle and the majority of us are single. As I grew up my father's partner allocated the boys chopping wood, mowing the lawns etc ,(men chores) and the girls did the inside chores and cooking.
So now times have changed, but sometimes the old school mentality remains embedded in some men. No offense intended.

No offense taken. Strange thing was, is that my wife would always thank me whenever I did my bit.? As the eldest of 4 girls, she apparently was her households lackie growing up. Maybe that's why she always showed gratitude for my efforts? :confused:

artykay's photo
Mon 01/18/21 01:28 AM

I think it has to do with how they were raised.

I was with my ex for almost 40 yrs and in that time he never once cooked me a meal because he didn’t know how. He and his brothers were raised in an age when all domestic duties were done by mothers as they were, by and large, the homemakers. When we married he did help with household chores but he never learned to cook.

On the other hand, my best friend learned to cook and keep a tidy house from a young age. When his parents divorced he and his brother went to live with their dad who gave them daily household chores which included cooking. My friend now keeps a clean house and cooks wonderful meals which he enjoys doing.

I also think that times have changed from the 50s and 60s due to the majority of both parents now working and sharing household duties so children are now raised to help with the running of the house.

A man who cooks and cleans is very attractive!!

Then that makes 'me' absolutely stunning, notlooking. drinker
Actually, growing up, my late Mother (who was of European extraction), wouldn't let me within a 'bull's roar' of the kitchen or a broom. In fact, I used to wonder how my clothes disappeared from the floor and then reappeared back into the closet and drawers?
During my marriage, I learned to cook and somewhat instinctively, shared with the household chores and gardens etc.
However, when Mum was visiting and should I be finishing up the dishes, the look on her face was 'priceless'.:scream:

artykay's photo
Mon 01/18/21 12:25 AM
Edited by artykay on Mon 01/18/21 12:32 AM
Only earlier this morning, I came across a ladies (?) profile, that seems quite legit. Divorced, children, nice Pics and of course the mandatory demand for scammers to "back off!"
Oh,....and her landline/cell/mobile number(not sure which) with a invitation to call, if you have ' honest intentions' (of course that'll keep those trolls and scammers away, right?) .
I did send a message to that account, suggesting and explaining that it would be a good idea to omit contact details from her profile.
Any response I get, if at all, will determine the legitimacy of this account, or at best, and hopefully, save a naive innocent from potential grief. :beers:

artykay's photo
Sun 01/17/21 11:50 PM
I threw in my 2cents worth much earlier in this thread, so haven't read through all of 'em since. Being from down under, can't say it enough, how bloody envious I feel, especially towards the Americans and British, who had so much of the action when it came to access to 'live' entertainment and those amazing mouth watering acts, seemingly on tap to you guys! tears
However,I can't recall anybody referencing the late and great
Jimi Hendrix.?
Even if you were at one of his pub gigs, what was it like? :beers:

artykay's photo
Sun 01/17/21 10:27 PM

If i am wrong prove it..

Hmmmm... Are you asking for opinions of how others may perceive this subject?

OR

Just making a statement based on your personal experience? :confused:

artykay's photo
Sun 01/17/21 10:50 AM

Yes Rick roll. I have lost two husband's. If you want to talk about it privately message me. Some people don't understand the grief and that is ok.

Agree totally notlooking. :thumbsup: Sorry, to hear about your losses also. I'm interested to know whether your mourning experience was same or different for both your losses. Only if you're okay with sharing of course. Nice of you to offer Rick some valuable guidance to help him along his new path.
You're one good egg. :clap:

artykay's photo
Sun 01/17/21 10:16 AM

Cars don't stop being cool. We do.

Fun is the meaning of life. Maybe some don't want to accept they are getting older, but some are just still having fun and appreciating well-made and exciting things.

Apart from allowing whatever is in the clearance section to limit my wardrobe choices, I am fairly picky and love quality things.
If you can just look at something and get the "hell yah" feeling that makes you want to keep looking at it....AND it serves a purpose...AND that purpose is also fun... why not?

Plus... there is always the excuse that quality things are good investments.

Not your fault if they help start conversations, etc...
or that being an interesting, fun person gives others the "hell yah" feeling.

I'm hearin' you load and clear my brother. Wish I could've explained it that way in my OP. Still, I guess it hit the spot for some.?
Grow old, stay Bold!
You said "Plus... there is always the excuse that quality things are good investments." Spot on! :thumbsup: Any "excuse" is good enough if it gets you what you want. "Good investments" (?), is probably the excuse I sold to my finance manager (wife) at the time. Now worth about 30% of what I paid for them. Still great to look at, awesome to drive! Cheers :beers:

artykay's photo
Sun 01/17/21 03:10 AM

Well, maybe I'm coming to my mid-life crisis a bit on the late side. I thoroughly love my little Jeep Wrangler and have a bunch of fun during North Dakota winters. It's was my second choice of a mid-life crisis vehicle. Of course it's also highly practical in consideration of where I live.

The first Mid-Life vehicle has been desired since I was still in my teens. It's not gonna happen, 'cuz a restored Jaguar XKE convertible is out of my wheel house. It would be a disaster in the snow too.

Maybe you're having that crisis. If so, aren't you enjoying scratching that itch?

Jeep Wrangler (I'm assuming Chrysler made?) Huuugley popular here in Oz. Sometimes (jokingly) referred to as a**holes. Bloody everywhere! :joy:
WOW! Jaguar XKE! Now we're both dreamin'. Couldn't buy one here for love or money my friend. :cry: Arguably the most iconic sports cars of all time.
Cheers :beers:

XKEs were so undependable in the 70s that many owners installed Chevy 350 engines and 4-speed transmissions in them.

My son has a project Jaguar .. a 1983.. and it had been replaced with that Chevy motor set up before he acquired it..

Yes cityblues, . That donk is rock solid :muscle:. Just a tip: apply rustproofing, then do it AGAIN! Hope the resto ends well., :beers:

artykay's photo
Sun 01/17/21 12:27 AM
Yeah guys. Like most free sites, scammers hit them like flies on an outdoor dunny!
This is a serious problem world wide and shouldn't be taken lightly. Millions of innocent, sadly naive victims.
I am a active member of a scam BAiTinG site, which focuses on 4one9 scams. Google if interested. This sites focus is primarily to detect and report 4one9 scammers. However, part of the game is to keep them occupied for as long as possible, thus reducing their effectiveness on the innocent. Dating sites are often targets for these low lives. However, the most common attempted scams here, are what is known as Romance Scams. Simple really. Attract a victim, smother them with love and promises of marriage and a forever happy life. Then, make excuses e.g, for not having access to their bank accounts, stuck in Nigeria whilst on a business trip etc. Then systematically bleed the victim dry. The main actors are typically from Nigeria, Ghana, Russia, Ukraine but not exclusively.
It's not recommended to play these ******** unless you are using fake, undetectable profiles and dummy email addresses set up for this purpose.
However, please keep in mind, that anyone making a direct plea for money is not considered a scammer (they may be), but instead, a beggar.
Take care always. :beers:

artykay's photo
Sat 01/16/21 10:44 AM

That's abridged?!!

Do whatever you like but I'd advise to say just enough to get a conversation going.

There are some that may disagree. I believe it's way too much. Getting a conversation going with a "normal" person on sites like these is a matter of wit, charm, and humor with a dash of flirting not an overload of informawtion.

Good luck!

I agree!

Can't agree more. I feel like saying "thanks for coming, you've got the job".
You sound like a great catch for the right lady. I wish you success in your search. :beers:

artykay's photo
Sat 01/16/21 10:32 AM
Can't comment on your neck of the woods, however here, you can hire just about any car you desire from so called 'prestige car hire' places. Usually cost between 1 and 2% of car value per day. Included allowance of 100 kms (60 miles in U.S. speak). + insurance. Cost here would be circa $1500 AUD for one day use. I'm guessing less where you are? :confused: OR and I'm not encouraging this, but they have very basic ignition systems. :wink::wink:
Hope you realize your dream one day.... :beers:

artykay's photo
Sat 01/16/21 09:11 AM

Well, maybe I'm coming to my mid-life crisis a bit on the late side. I thoroughly love my little Jeep Wrangler and have a bunch of fun during North Dakota winters. It's was my second choice of a mid-life crisis vehicle. Of course it's also highly practical in consideration of where I live.

The first Mid-Life vehicle has been desired since I was still in my teens. It's not gonna happen, 'cuz a restored Jaguar XKE convertible is out of my wheel house. It would be a disaster in the snow too.

Maybe you're having that crisis. If so, aren't you enjoying scratching that itch?

Jeep Wrangler (I'm assuming Chrysler made?) Huuugley popular here in Oz. Sometimes (jokingly) referred to as a**holes. Bloody everywhere! :joy:
WOW! Jaguar XKE! Now we're both dreamin'. Couldn't buy one here for love or money my friend. :cry: Arguably the most iconic sports cars of all time.
Cheers :beers:

artykay's photo
Sat 01/16/21 05:00 AM

Yay, Mingle Road trip with Arty!! :grinning:
Not every friend gets it right. Some friends really are not our friends at all.
Who cares what this friend thinks? It is your life. I used to have a single friend berate me for staying in an unhealthy marriage. But I took vows. Then years later she was in a way worse marriage. Some people just need to mind their own business.

Thanks notlooking. :thumbsup:
If you ever visit downunder, happy for you to jump on board and hit thae road. :surfer: (as long as we're both single and free to mingle, that is.:wink:).
Sad to hear about your marriage situation. Hope you have this sorted.
Going offtopic now I know, but I'll share this with you. My marriage/relationship /partnership, of 30 years, was incredible. I haven't stopped loving my beautiful former wife. She very suddenly left our matrimonial home and instigated divorce proceedings. I was quite shocked. For some time before this, I was convinced there was something not quite right with her, not us. The short story is that, she was undergoing eimedical treatment, without my knowledge. As I discovered much later, she was suffering from signs of premature dimentia. Apparently, she wanted her share of our estate to be distributed according to her wishes. Her closest sister (confidant), has since revealed that my wife new where she will soon be, mentally and physically. She wanted that I move on and not be burdened with her affliction. My wife was older than me (no young floozies for me). Her condition deteriorated quite rapidly. Unknownst to me she chose a Nursing facility near the ocean where we often road tripped, and is there to this day. My adult children tell me she barely remembers them, and most times, not at all.

artykay's photo
Sat 01/16/21 03:58 AM
It's definitely possible.
Change your PASSWORD.
Delete pictures
Edit all the bits that are not your own.
Should be good to go. :thumbsup:
Hope this helps.

artykay's photo
Sat 01/16/21 12:45 AM

There is such a thing, but your realizing a childhood dream doesn't sound like it's a midlife crisis. However, even if it is, eff that ex-friend. He's probably jealous.

I agree with that.
And not every midlife-crisis is an actual crisis. Depends and varies from person to person.
Not every man gets hit by the andropause the same way.

laugh This, ladies and gentlemen, is referred to as 'burning rubber in reverse gear'. slaphead

artykay's photo
Sat 01/16/21 12:34 AM

There is such a thing, but your realizing a childhood dream doesn't sound like it's a midlife crisis. However, even if it is, eff that ex-friend. He's probably jealous.

That's exactly what it was, a childhood dream (a wishlist if you like).
I'm pretty sure we all have them?
Oh, and yeah, that's why he's an Ex-friend.

artykay's photo
Fri 01/15/21 02:19 PM
Is there such a thing?
Some time ago, I was accused of 'suffering' (?) from this so called syndrome. It was from an Ex-friend, work colleague, footy mate,who openly stated, that my allure with the opposite sex, was simply and directly related to the CARS I happen to own.
I have two Porsche's. Since a teenager, I was always a car enthusiast. However, it was only when I could actually afford to buy and own them, that I did so.
Young dreams turned into reality.
After a long and hard working career, I was finally able to afford what I dreamed of all those years ago.
I love cars and driving mine.
Mid life crisis? Me thinks not.
You?

artykay's photo
Fri 01/15/21 11:50 AM

Photos are okay, but indeed be clear you want a man or woman.
Also... your profession... you're the umpteenth Indian saying they own a very successful business making loads of money...
It sounds very unbelievable.

Unbelievable? How so? :confused: