Community > Posts By > Tomboygirly

Tomboygirly's photo
Fri 08/21/09 08:52 PM
I was in a situation very similar to yours. The ex just disappeared out of the kid’s lives when they were 3 and 5. No contact of any kind.
I didn’t bring him up to them I let them come to me to talk about him. When my older daughter said she wanted to see him I tracked him down and had him call. It made the first meeting easier for them to feel like he cared enough to call.
They were 12 and 10. It was my older daughter who asked for it. Our younger daughter didn’t ever really know him.
I also kept my negative thoughts to myself about the ex. The ex and the kids went through the expected honeymoon period and shortly after the initial meeting he started to show his true colors.
I still reassured my kids that he loved them, the world is hard enough without thinking your parent doesn’t care about you at all. I just explained that he had a hard time showing it. As time passed and he showed that he wanted to be a parent as his convenience I was a little more open with the girls. I felt that they were old enough to handle a little more information. By this time they had seen his behavior first hand and had all ready formed opinions of their own.
They are now 19 and 17 and neither one really cares if they spend any time with him or see him. But they were able to make this choice on their own. I think this is an important thing. But depending on how safe your daughter would be with him you need to make this choice as it applies to your own daughter. I wish you luck as a fellow single parent.

Tomboygirly's photo
Mon 09/17/07 09:20 PM
The initial first physical attraction is usually what makes us want to know more about someone. Men are normally more visual anyway.
But if a person can't carry on a decent conversation or make me laugh I don't care how good they look, they won't hold my interest. Or they could be really hot and have a negative personality or too needy.. Who wants that.
You may feel lust at that initial moment when you first see them. A real relationship is more than sex and more than just talking.. It's a balance of all things.

Tomboygirly's photo
Mon 09/17/07 08:59 PM
laugh It's no differnt for men than women... we are all confused.. ohwell
Buts that half the fun.. figureing the other one out... what makes them tick..:tongue:

Tomboygirly's photo
Mon 09/17/07 08:57 PM
Women are no more complicated than men..

Tomboygirly's photo
Mon 09/17/07 08:55 PM
If a woman is interested she will let you know.
She will mirror you some, she will reach out and touch you. She will laugh at your jokes and ask you to talk about yourself.
She will look deeply into your eyes..
Need more?

Tomboygirly's photo
Fri 08/31/07 07:28 PM
The following are entries to a contest by The Washington Post, in which respondents had to write a two-line romantic poem...except that the last line had to be as un-romantic as the first line was romantic.

1. My darling, my lover, my beautiful wife:
Marrying you screwed up my life.

2. I see your face when I am dreaming.
That's why I always wake up screaming.

3. Kind, intelligent, loving and hot;
This describes everything you are not.

4. Love may be beautiful, love may be bliss,
But I only slept with you because I was pissed.

5. I thought that I could love no other--
that is, until I met your brother.

6. Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you
But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead, the sugar bowl's empty and so is your head.

7. I want to feel your sweet embrace
But don't take that paper bag off your face.

8. I love your smile, your face, and your eyes
Damn, I'm good at telling lies!

9. My love, you take my breath away.
What have you stepped in to smell this way?

10. My feelings for you no words can tell,
Except for maybe "Go to hell."

11. What inspired this amorous rhyme?
Two parts vodka, one part lime.

Tomboygirly's photo
Fri 08/31/07 03:04 PM
I'm new to this site. I like the rules you laid out.. It's nice to see some 'real' people for a change.